SKOLNICK: Dolphins can't afford to go without Ogunleye | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

SKOLNICK: Dolphins can't afford to go without Ogunleye

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Reaction score
Adewale Ogunleye is going to play. And unless he gets that offer from another team, the Dolphins aren't obligated to do anything. No, they don't have to give Ogunleye the big-money, long-term deal he seeks. But get it done. The Dolphins need Ogunleye. The man has 24.5 sacks in 32 starts. Pass-rushers aren't something you skimp on. Philadelphia just gave a $16 bonus to Jevon Kearse, who hardly ever plays. Seattle just handed $14 million to Grant Wistrom, slightly above-average at best. Ogunleye's fast start and able mind suggest he can be more than that, and for a while.
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/finsinsider/

discuss amongst yourself...

personally, we cannot afford to suck on O again and that is my #1 priority even if our D goes from #3 to #10, I want our our O to get to around #10 as well

people seem to forget not only that we get sacks from JT and whoever is across from him will benefit, but they will also benefit from having one of the best secondaries in the league, coverage sacks will go up next season... i'd love to keep ogun, but i think if we can move him and upgrade the O by doing so, then we may have to do that.

I'm in agreement with you guys too. An offense that can sustain drives deminishes the need for a totally dominating defense.

I would like both but money want allow.

And if I remember correctly David Bowens was actually supposed to start ahead of Ogun but then got hurt and Ogun had an awesome preseason. So hopefully Bowens is healthy and can play to the level that had the coaching staff start him over Ogun in the 1st place.

I would only spend the money on O-Gun if we can't land any quality offensive players (which is not far fetched on the OL at this point). I'd rather keep him, a premium blue chipper, rather than just get some crappy OL just for the sake of trying to improve there.

I think this team would miss Ogun a lot more than you guys think.I can see the writing on the wall already if the move backfires. If he goes then we'll get an extra pick in round one. Great, that's what everyone here wants. Now we take say, a lineman and he doesn't get to start all year.We'll never hear the end of it on this board about how the FO sucks and how they let an all pro go just to get a guy that sucks.Nobody knows what kind of player we'll get if he goes. He could turn into an all pro or he could be a total bust. One more thing, this deffence wasn't as great as some of you make it out to be and he was the one player that made plays all year. He was our best player on defence and that was a defence that couldn't make the big plays when we had to have them.He will be miss if he goes.

Ozzy rules!!

personally, we cannot afford to suck on O again and that is my #1 priority even if our D goes from #3 to #10, I want our our to get to around #10 as well

Well said!

Originally posted by GIO
personally, we cannot afford to suck on O again and that is my #1 priority even if our D goes from #3 to #10, I want our our to get to around #10 as well

Well said!
thanks and :welcome: a-board GIO

Originally posted by dolphan39
thanks and :welcome: a-board GIO

Thank you, dolphan.

I already feel right at home :)

Why cant we upgrade offense and sign Ogun we were gonna sign tait to a outragous contract and didnt get him. Their is no other lineman worth that money so why cant we pay up for Ogun and still get our WR in the draft like we had planned. For some reason everyone seems to be giving all this credit to JT for Ogun's success but I have just one question how come Ogun's second best season is better than either Mixon or Bromell's best season ever. None of those guys put up the production Ogun has. and as far as bowens is concerned the guy cant stay healthy he is injury prone ala Mark Dixon. Why should we get rid of a probowler just to have a guy who cant even stay healthy all year as a backup.

Originally posted by Ct Fin Freak 13
Why cant we upgrade offense and sign Ogun we were gonna sign tait to a outragous contract and didnt get him.
the salary cap and the fact that we have no RG and RT right now

Originally posted by JJ777
And if I remember correctly David Bowens was actually supposed to start ahead of Ogun but then got hurt and Ogun had an awesome preseason. So hopefully Bowens is healthy and can play to the level that had the coaching staff start him over Ogun in the 1st place.

That's not true. In 2002, Ogunleye was really good in training camp and played great in preseason games and he won the starting DE job. No one thought that Ogunleye would get the job before training camp and was behind David Bowens, Jay Williams, and Rob Burnett on the depth chart, but I am not sure how the three were ordered. Ogunleye was pretty good in 2002 and got 9.5 sacks, and he was always going to start in 2003.

Back
Top Bottom