Sleeper Safety | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sleeper Safety

Brimmer ran a 4.69 actually, 4.92 is wrong. but my sleeper saftey is Marviel Underwood from San Diego St. ....good instincts, thats tough to teach.

Underwood is a FS. We're pretty much talking about SS.

I thought our sleeper safety was going to be Eddie Moore?:roflmao:

people put too much stock into 40 times.

Brimmer is easily one of the best safeties in the draft and should be a first day pick. People need to stop making people drop because of workouts, and watch what they do on the field.

ChambersWI said:
people put too much stock into 40 times.

Brimmer is easily one of the best safeties in the draft and should be a first day pick. People need to stop making people drop because of workouts, and watch what they do on the field.

Do I agree with the workout thing to a certain point, if this guy ran a 4.92 or whatever, then he will not make it in the pro's. Plain and simple, certain guys can get away with not being the fastest man on the field with instincts and other things, but then if your the slowest on the field, nothing makes up for it.

knight6jb said:
Havent heard anything about him, but my sleeper saftey Atari Bigby, UCF. Anyone know exactly where Bigby is projected?? I read anything about him draft wise, just curious.

injury concerns....he'd be a great late round project. He has some serious skills/upside. Plus UCF DB's have played pretty well at the next level.

I live in Las Vegas so I've seen Brimmer for years. He has excellent hands and instincts and plays very smart, regardless of the Wonderlic mark. I think he would be an excellent red zone safety, where you're really not worried about someone outrunning you down the field. Even when Brimmer made all those big plays a couple of years ago, you could see he lacked the burst and sustained speed during INT returns. He would be looking around very quickly to see who was gaining on him.

In this era of specialization, I don't understand why there aren't red zone safeties or red zone corners. I've seen tons of instances of DBs who could cover better than the starters but lacked pure speed. I guess it's just roster space limitations.

Awsi Dooger said:
In this era of specialization, I don't understand why there aren't red zone safeties or red zone corners. I've seen tons of instances of DBs who could cover better than the starters but lacked pure speed. I guess it's just roster space limitations.

That is a really good question....I wonder why teams dont do that, I mean yes it would take up a roster spot, but they could probably play special teams as well.....

DreamWeaver said:
injury concerns....he'd be a great late round project. He has some serious skills/upside. Plus UCF DB's have played pretty well at the next level.
I liek Bigby too, but there are questions about his cover skills and getting too aggressive with his play (physically and instictually). Those 2 problems are a definite disaster if they plague an NFL safety. It'll put him out of business fast.

I thought we were moving Zach to safety.........LOL!!

Brimmer was being touted as a first round pick last year if he came out... lol, I guess he wish he had now.

Back
Top Bottom