*Sleeper Thread* | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*Sleeper Thread*

Sean

Just Win, Baby
Reaction score
List the players you think are possible sleepers in th e upcoming draft.

I have 3:

Devin Thomas WR Mich St (close to 1100 yards and had 8 TD this last year)

Johnathan Hefney FS Tenn (another Tenn product? Even though he's 5'9, he can hit!)

JerMichael Finley TE Texas (mah boi, I absolutely love this guy, I seen him play a lot.)

if hes 5'9 n plays/jumps like Sanders bring him on.

Jordan Dizon, LB, Colorado....he grew up in Hawaii....about the same size as Zach Thomas...maybe 6 foot even? He just has a nose for the football and gets lots of tackles just like Zach. He was a Dick Butkus finalist. I have heard he could go anywhere from the 3rd to 6th round....one publication had him as a 2st rounder, but I don't see that happening.

Jabari Arthur, WR from Akron.
Wasn't invited to the combine, but could still go 7th rd.
He was 4th overall in the CFL draft after his junior year.
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/profile.php?pyid=15943
#52 WR, but climbing.
He 6'4" 225. Should run around a 4.65 at his pro day.

John Greco, OT from Toledo. I would expect him to move to G in the pros, and is probably a 4th rounder at best right now.

Kory Lichtensteiger (sp?), C, from Bowling Green. Really great player on a not so great team. Could go as high as the third.

My under the radar players are

Bernard Morris QB Marshall
Joey Haynos TE Maryland
Marcus Monk WR Arkansas
Maurice Purify WR Nebraska
Ernest Wheelwright WR Minesota
Geoff Schwartz OT Oregon
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]Jesse Padilla OT Lafayette
Kerry Brown G Appalachian St
Brandon Barnes G Grand Velley St
Marcus Dixon DE Hampton
Jason Shirley DT Fresno St
Jermey Lehan ILB Illinois
Craig Angelo OLB Cincinnati
Bo Ruud OLB Nebraska
Larry Grant OLB Ohio ST
Trey Brown CB UCLA
Jerrid Gaines CB Miami-Ohio
Dennis Keyes S UCLA
Brannon Carter S Northern Iowa.

Some of these guys might not even get drafted but this draft is DEEP.
[/SIZE][/FONT]

My under the radar players are

Bernard Morris QB Marshall
Joey Haynos TE Maryland
Marcus Monk WR Arkansas
Maurice Purify WR Nebraska
Ernest Wheelwright WR Minesota
Geoff Schwartz OT Oregon
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]Jesse Padilla OT Lafayette[/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=-2][FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Kerry Brown G Appalachian St[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Brandon Barnes G Grand Velley St[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Marcus Dixon DE Hampton[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Jason Shirley DT Fresno St[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Jermey Lehan ILB Illinois[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Craig Angelo OLB Cincinnati[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Bo Ruud OLB Nebraska[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Larry Grant OLB Ohio ST[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Trey Brown CB UCLA[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Jerrid Gaines CB Miami-Ohio[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Dennis Keyes S UCLA[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Brannon Carter S Northern Iowa.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Some of these guys might not even get drafted but this draft is DEEP.[/FONT]
[/SIZE]

I have seen Purify of Nebraska play a few times against my CU Buffs and like him (I think he got into trouble for a DUI?), and also Bo Ruud who is a good tackler.

I have seen Purify of Nebraska play a few times against my CU Buffs and like him (I think he got into trouble for a DUI?), and also Bo Ruud who is a good tackler.

Some of the guys I selected have some character issues. For example Jason Shirley big attitude problem and isnt a Parcells guy. I couldn't overlook the fact that he is a real nice talent. I hope we land Bo Ruud the guy is a machine could be a higher pick if it wasn't for his knee injury.

My sleeper may not even get drafted at all, but he has been invited to the combine, it's small school dominator Kroy Biermann.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ovNOAtJEeuY

He's 6'3", 242 lbs., and runs a 4.74 forty with a low of 4.67 and he projects to a monster linebacker in the mold that Parcells/Ireland like. He was raised in Montana thus wasn't highly recruited, and his low level of competition is the only reason he's not thought of as a top prospect. But, if he had been raised in Texas or Florida, I have no doubts he would have been a blue-chip recruit and gone to a top program. He dominated his level of competition, and if he shows well at t he combine he may become a mid-round pick. Regardless, this kid has the tools to start in the NFL, and I'd definitely be intrigued enough to take a late round chance on him.

Carl Nicks may not seem like a sleeper, but if he goes in the 2nd round it is cruel joke. He has 35 inch arms and put up 31 reps of 225lbs at the combine. Jake Long had the high of 37 reps.

But Nicks is so undervalued in my mind it is scary.

Not sure if this guy is considered a sleeper or not, but T. Law from Notre Dame. This guy can be one of the steals of the draft. Always around the football making plays.

Yeah man I have been a fan of Carl Nicks since day 1 of the senior bowl.

Being a Michigan State fan, Silva from B.C. killed us in the bowl game.The kid has moxy..I also liked what i saw of Bruce Davis against BYU..

My sleeper may not even get drafted at all, but he has been invited to the combine, it's small school dominator Kroy Biermann.

He's 6'3", 242 lbs., and runs a 4.74 forty with a low of 4.67 and he projects to a monster linebacker in the mold that Parcells/Ireland like. He was raised in Montana thus wasn't highly recruited, and his low level of competition is the only reason he's not thought of as a top prospect. But, if he had been raised in Texas or Florida, I have no doubts he would have been a blue-chip recruit and gone to a top program. He dominated his level of competition, and if he shows well at t he combine he may become a mid-round pick. Regardless, this kid has the tools to start in the NFL, and I'd definitely be intrigued enough to take a late round chance on him.

Im a Montana guy, i've watched every game he's ever played, there's no doubt he can play at the next level, just waiting for him to be drafted by the fins in the later round as our next JT :woot:

Wow, he's huge for a linebacker....looks like he has nice speed too. If he doesn't get drafted hopefully we could bring him in as an un-signed FA.

Back
Top Bottom