Sleepers | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sleepers

10. Jamarko Simmons WR(Western Michigan) 6'2" 241lbs.
Big, physical WR that likes contact. Taylor-made to play the slot. He finished his college career ranking 1st all-time in receptions and 3rd all-time in recieving yards. He broke the single season record with 104 receptions for 1276 yards and 7 TDs. He was named honorable mention All-American by Sports Illustrated.

I'd pull the trigger on Kaluka Maiava, Michael Tauliili, and/or Joe Burnett anytime from the 4th round down. I like all three and see them as diamonds in the rough.

What about Dominique Edison? 6'3 200lb WR who runs a 4.5. The dude avg 15.2 ypc With 18 TD's this past season, and avg 84 PYG.
11. Dominique Edison WR(Stephen F. Austin) 6'2" 204lbs.
Elected to the 2008 All-Southland Conference team. In 2008, became only the 4th reciever in Lumberjack history catch for over a 1000 yards. He has been clocked as fast as 4.36. He finished his college career as the All-Time leader in receptions(182). He finished 2nd All-Time in yards(2,696) and TDs(28).

How about Willie Williams as a late round pick
Oh the travails of Willie Williams. Let's do a chronology of his life after he got out of HS. First, he signs with UM and after theft and burglary charges is kicked off the team. He is a prime example of why UM got the reputation of being Thug-U. After he gets kicked off UM, there were rumors he turned his life around. He got his 36 month probation shortened by 6 months. He had many suitors - UCLA, USC, etc., but he decides to go to Louisville. He should be good to go, destiny awaits. Oh contaire, mon frere. This guy goes and gets arrested for Marijuana. Just when you think this saga is over, Div-II Glenville State pleads with NCAA for reinstatement. Thankfully, the NCAA denies his eligibility. But Willie is going down just yet, this year he starred at NAIA Union College. As you can guess he dominated his competition. This is probably the one and only time the NAIA will see a #1 rated HS LB play in their division.

If some team is stupid enough to draft him, they deserve what they get. If he sees an NFL contract, he will be in prison or dead within 2 years.

To answer your question, "How 'bout Willie Williams?" In one word NO! In two words HELL NO!

I love Victor Butler And His Teamate on the other side,His name excapes me but both are really good.

I love Victor Butler And His Teamate on the other side,His name excapes me but both are really good.
Are you talking about Slade Norris? I don't think he has a shot at getting drafted. Maybe he can catch on as a FA. In 2 years playing for the Beavers, he recorded 19 sacks. He's 6'3" 245, so he would have to stand up in a 3-4.

12. Kevin Barnes CB(Maryland) 6'1" 188lbs.
His injury has this senior CB going under the radar. Barnes, though his junior year with the Terrapins, showed continual improvement in not only his coverage ability, but his understanding of the game. He senior campaign was cut short by a shoulder injury after seven games. His injury will probably hurt him in the draft.

Oh the travails of Willie Williams. Let's do a chronology of his life after he got out of HS. First, he signs with UM and after theft and burglary charges is kicked off the team. He is a prime example of why UM got the reputation of being Thug-U. After he gets kicked off UM, there were rumors he turned his life around. He got his 36 month probation shortened by 6 months. He had many suitors - UCLA, USC, etc., but he decides to go to Louisville. He should be good to go, destiny awaits. Oh contaire, mon frere. This guy goes and gets arrested for Marijuana. Just when you think this saga is over, Div-II Glenville State pleads with NCAA for reinstatement. Thankfully, the NCAA denies his eligibility. But Willie is going down just yet, this year he starred at NAIA Union College. As you can guess he dominated his competition. This is probably the one and only time the NAIA will see a #1 rated HS LB play in their division.

If some team is stupid enough to draft him, they deserve what they get. If he sees an NFL contract, he will be in prison or dead within 2 years.

To answer your question, "How 'bout Willie Williams?" In one word NO! In two words HELL NO!

Now I probably wouldn't draft him either, but do you think your judgment is a bit clouded because you're a Gator fan?

13. Nick Reed DE(Oregon) 6'2" 255lbs.
Reed has an outstanding motor and endurance. He's a good technician and uses a variety of moves in his pass rush. He's relentless with his effort. Does not wear down late in the game. He's not super quick, so he will have to rely more on his technique.

I would never pick him either.

But let's go back a little further. If he doesn't spurn the Gators on signing day, then I would bet the charges don't miraculously get brought up in Gainesville a couple of hours after he picked the Canes. The UF hat was right there with the Canes on signing day, but he picks UM and he becomes a much worse person, typical of Thug-U Miami.

The Gators were sour he picked UM, the charges were brought up at 4 pm that day, and the rest is history. He's not a good kid at all, but I'd say your'e a little biased

Wow. Talk about biased reporting towards Miami...he was never charged with anthing he did while at Miami...Thug U? Yeah, the Gators...

Back
Top Bottom