10. Ramik Wilson / Georgia / 6'2", 232

11. Amarlo Herrera / Georgia / 6'2", 244

12. Jeff Luc / Cincinnati / 6'1", 250

13. Trey Depriest / Alabama / 6'2", 245

14. Henry Coley / Virginia / 6'2", 240

15. Zach Vigil / Utah St. / 6'2", 232

16. Joe Schmidt / Notre Dame / 6'1", 235

17. Mike Orakpo / Texas St. / 6'1", 226
(Younger brother of Brian Orakpo. Bench presses 514 pounds, power cleans 375 pounds, vertical jumps 41". Transferred to Texas St. from Colorado St.)

18. Max Morgan / Colorado St. / 6'1", 225

19. Taiwan Jones / Michigan St. / 6'3", 250

20. Aaron Davis / Colorado St. / 6'0", 220

21. Andrae Kirk / FAU / 6'2", 225

22. Tank Jakes / Memphis / 5'11", 225

23. John Timu / Washington / 6'1", 235

24. D.J. Lynch / Bowling Green / 5'11", 245

25. Stanley Andre / UMASS / 6'2", 240

26. Quinn Backus / Coastal Carolina / 5'10", 225

27. Jonathan Truman / Kansas St. / 5'11", 225
(Former walk-on bench presses 430 pounds, squats 535, and cleans 400.)

28. Steve Edmond / Texas / 6'3", 245

29. Lamar Dawson / USC / 6'2", 230

30. Kelby Brown / Duke / 6'2", 230

31. Jordan Stanton / Wyoming / 6'0", 246

32. D.J. Welter / LSU / 6'1", 226

Underclassman:

1. Kris Frost / Auburn / 6'2", 238

2. Derrick Monroe / Washington St. / 6'1", 235

3. Frank Shannon / Oklahoma / 6'1", 230

4. Nick Kwiatkowski / West Virginia / 6'2", 232

5. Ryan Simmons / Oklahoma St. / 6'0", 242

ryan-simmons.jpg

6. Salamo Fiso / Arizona St. / 6'0", 226

7. Kent Kern / Miami (OH) / 6'1", 231

8. Joseph Peterson / Georgia St. / 6'0", 220

9. James Burgess / Louisville / 6'0", 231

10. Ben Russell / Ohio / 6'1", 230

11. Zeek Bigger / East Carolina / 6'2", 228

Last edited by a moderator:
Why is Welter so far down on your list? What are your concerns with him?

Welter's just not very athletic, and a little undersized. He's a classic overachiever. He was never able to beat out Lamin Barrow who was a 5th round pick. He's been a backup his entire career. Gets a chance to start inside this year for LSU due to linebacker attrition. Smart kid who might make it as a special teams player in the NFL if he makes it. UDFA type in my opinion.

Do you see Perryman as a #1 pick? I know he's under 6-0, but I do like what I see of him. Hard hitter, looks like a secure tackler who covers a lot of ground. Your analysis?

Do you see Perryman as a #1 pick? I know he's under 6-0, but I do like what I see of him. Hard hitter, looks like a secure tackler who covers a lot of ground. Your analysis?

Perryman reminds me a little of Mychal Kendricks when he came out of Cal a few seasons ago. Built almost identical and play similar, although Kendricks was a little better prospect in my opinion. I had Kendricks as the next best inside linebacker behind Kuechly in the 2012 class.

I have an early 3rd round grade on Perryman right now. He'd have to run something in the 4.45 range to get up there with a guy like Mychal Kendricks who went 46th overall.

I think Perryman is a quality ILB prospect and should start in the NFL.

Last edited by a moderator:
Slimm, thoughts on Tripp and whether or not we will be watching the guys in this thread closely as the 2015 draft nears?

Looks like a like of athleticism might limit his impact in the NFL, but I was really impressed by Henry Coley yesterday. Both of UCLA's stud LB's played great two - with Kendricks responsible for two defensive TD's and he and Jack all over the field. I also really like the poise Harris shows in coverage for UVA. Hundley rarely went to his side of the field yesterday. Great game by the UVA D.

Looks like a like of athleticism might limit his impact in the NFL, but I was really impressed by Henry Coley yesterday. Both of UCLA's stud LB's played great two - with Kendricks responsible for two defensive TD's and he and Jack all over the field. I also really like the poise Harris shows in coverage for UVA. Hundley rarely went to his side of the field yesterday. Great game by the UVA D.

Yes Henry Coley plays well when he's really getting a read on his keys and attacking downhill. That Cavalier defense is going to keep them in a lot of games. I have a draftable grade on 5 of their 11 starters on defense. Which obviously doesn't even include incoming 5-star freshman like Blanding and Andrew Brown. Virginia has more talent than people think. They have about 19 or 20 kids on their roster that were 4 and 5 star prospects.

Yes Henry Coley plays well when he's really getting a read on his keys and attacking downhill. That Cavalier defense is going to keep them in a lot of games. I have a draftable grade on 5 of their 11 starters on defense. Which obviously doesn't even include incoming 5-star freshman like Blanding and Andrew Brown. Virginia has more talent than people think. They have about 19 or 20 kids on their roster that were 4 and 5 star prospects.

If Johns started, assuming close-to comparable play for four quarters, UVA probably wins that game. They looked good on all three levels of D.

Kendricks had a VG good game against Virginia. Did I miss Shaq Thompson anywhere? He's a helluva athlete very comfortable in space. Not a stack and shed guy but as a 4-3 Willy he won't need to be. He can key flow and fill, and is VG in pass coverage.

nevermind about Shaq Thompson. I already commented about him on your Outside Linebackers thread. I forgot he was on that list. My bad.

Slimm, how would you compare Eric Kendricks to his brother Mychal? I think Mychal is the superior athlete, but Eric is a better football player. I think he will be a good starter. But I don't see a Pro Bowl talent in Eric Kendricks. He's an instinctive backer.

Slimm, how would you compare Eric Kendricks to his brother Mychal? I think Mychal is the superior athlete, but Eric is a better football player. I think he will be a good starter. But I don't see a Pro Bowl talent in Eric Kendricks. He's an instinctive backer.

Mychal is the better athlete and probably the better player. They're just very different in terms of skillset.

Mychal is easily better around the LOS and shooting shooting gaps. Better blitzer and better at taking on blocks. Eric probably has better instincts in coverage is the only advantage I'd really give him.

Back
Top Bottom