Slimm's 2015 Inside Linebackers | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Slimm's 2015 Inside Linebackers

Mychal is the better athlete and probably the better player. They're just very different in terms of skillset.

Mychal is easily better around the LOS and shooting shooting gaps. Better blitzer and better at taking on blocks. Eric probably has better instincts in coverage is the only advantage I'd really give him.

Do you think Eric will be a pretty good starter?

Joseph Peterson is such a good linebacker for Georgia St. He was all over the field in the season opener vs. Abilene Christian. Picked off a pass and returned it for a touchdown. Although his best performance may have been a 14 tackle, 2 sack game against Washington.

He's all over the field and plays defense from sideline to sideline like a mini Luke Kuechly. There's a lot of good players in the Sun Belt, but Peterson and Elijah McGuire are the two best I've seen for two years in a row.

Dothan kid. I have a cousin from Dothan. I've been through there before, passed by the big national peanut festival thing.

Slimm/CK - any thoughts on Joe Schmidt out of Notre Dame?

I'm a big fan of this kid.

Slimm/CK - any thoughts on Joe Schmidt out of Notre Dame?

I'm a big fan of this kid.

I've had him at #16 among my Senior ILB's, probably a late rounder/UDFA. I know he walked on at Notre Dame and earned his scholarship so he's not afraid of hard work. He was all over the field against Florida St. like he is every other game this year. He's probably worked his way up to the mid-rounds on the field, however, the worry is how he's going to test out athletically.

If you had 11 of these guys on both sides of the ball you'd win every game. Undersized and lack of great tools is what he'll have to overcome. This is really his first year as a starter, so his Senior tape will have to be reviewed for what it is.

Terrance Plummer of UCF is a terrific player, imo. Interested to see how he tests athletically, but his instincts and play speed are top level. Not the tallest guy, but very long-armed and a force defending the run. Averages over 8 tackles a game so far, 3.5 sacks and a FF.

Slimm,

thanks for the write up first and foremost.

I always take a look at your position list/ranks and check out tape of a bunch of the guys. After watching 3-4 games of Perryman I'm stumped as to why so many people have him ranked as one of the top 3 linebackers. Is it just because this class isn't very talented at the position this year?

On tape i saw a hard hitting linebacker who was routinely out of position and would get locked up fairly easy by lineman.

I watched a Miami game this year and remember seeing him make a few big hits and wanting to see more of him and now that i have i'm pretty underwhelmed

Just wondering what your take is on him since i'm sure you have a much better perspective of his value than I.

Slimm- Thanks for the invaluable info

Do you have a top 15 grade on any ILB?
To better frame my question -from a comparative aspect- do you like anyone at ILB as much as CJ Mosely last year?
THANKS!

Slimm,

thanks for the write up first and foremost.

I always take a look at your position list/ranks and check out tape of a bunch of the guys. After watching 3-4 games of Perryman I'm stumped as to why so many people have him ranked as one of the top 3 linebackers. Is it just because this class isn't very talented at the position this year?

On tape i saw a hard hitting linebacker who was routinely out of position and would get locked up fairly easy by lineman.

I watched a Miami game this year and remember seeing him make a few big hits and wanting to see more of him and now that i have i'm pretty underwhelmed

Just wondering what your take is on him since i'm sure you have a much better perspective of his value than I.

on Perryman I see him as a top ILB no doubt. Very athletic, great instinct and is a sure tackler with power behind. He gets to the line, and gets into the backfield well, and is strong to take on blocks. Problem is that he cannot cover well at all, and seems like he will be a 2 down ILB due to that fact.

Also why he is ranked so highly is the fact there is basically no depth at ILB at all... the top 3 guys I believe is Eric Kendricks, Benardrick McKinney, and Denzel Perryman (whom at this time I would draft in that order). These three are tremendously far away from the next groups of interior LBs. Now a later round ILB I like, and think we should keep an eye on is Taiwan Jones from Michigan State.

Back
Top Bottom