Slimm's 2015 Wide Receivers (Seniors) | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Slimm's 2015 Wide Receivers (Seniors)

I have Kevin White over Coooper. But it's really close. Both will be great players.

Cooper did more than just one catch against Hargreaves.

Yes there was a screen where Vernon got Amari down for no gain. But there was also a comeback on 2nd & 9 toward the beginning of the 2nd quarter that Cooper caught on Hargreaves' man coverage for about 14 yards. Then there was an in-breaking route on 3rd & 3 with 4:39 left in the 2nd quarter that Cooper caught for about 6 yards and a 1st down after winning handily against Hargreaves at the jam in man coverage. On the first play of the 3rd quarter Cooper caught a fade on Hargreaves' man coverage, kind of made it look easy too for about a 32 yard gain. Was the play called back on an illegal formation penalty? Sure. But I doubt that made Hargreaves feel that much better about it. On 2nd & 14 only a play later, Cooper caught a 16 yard pass on Hargreaves although that may have been a defensive miscommunication. Later in the 3rd quarter Cooper created the necessary separation to catch a deep fade on Hargreaves in man coverage but the ball was thrown too far to the sidelines so Cooper had to catch it out of bounds. He was open though. There was the 3rd & 8 that Cooper caught for a touchdown on a comeback against Hargreaves but that was a legit offensive pass interference call so we'll give Hargreaves a break on that. Then there was the 4 yard touchdown.

I didn't count a slant pattern in the 1st quarter that Cooper caught because Hargreaves was in zone and didn't follow him to the inside. However, Cooper should get credit for easily winning at the line of scrimmage as Hargreaves made an attempt to jam him and failed pretty miserably. Technically that catch wasn't on Hargreaves' direct coverage but his ineffective jam on Cooper sure didn't do the defense any favors on the play.

Bottom line is when the ball came at them, there was really only one encounter that Hargreaves won and that was the screen where he got Cooper down for no gain. Otherwise Cooper was winning everything and that's why I say Hargreaves had a day I expect he'll not have again for a while, if ever in his college career.

Devante Davis can play. I just watched a cut up vs Nevada from 2013. That jump ball TD was really impressive.

Cooper did more than just one catch against Hargreaves.

Yes there was a screen where Vernon got Amari down for no gain. But there was also a comeback on 2nd & 9 toward the beginning of the 2nd quarter that Cooper caught on Hargreaves' man coverage for about 14 yards. Then there was an in-breaking route on 3rd & 3 with 4:39 left in the 2nd quarter that Cooper caught for about 6 yards and a 1st down after winning handily against Hargreaves at the jam in man coverage. On the first play of the 3rd quarter Cooper caught a fade on Hargreaves' man coverage, kind of made it look easy too for about a 32 yard gain. Was the play called back on an illegal formation penalty? Sure. But I doubt that made Hargreaves feel that much better about it. On 2nd & 14 only a play later, Cooper caught a 16 yard pass on Hargreaves although that may have been a defensive miscommunication. Later in the 3rd quarter Cooper created the necessary separation to catch a deep fade on Hargreaves in man coverage but the ball was thrown too far to the sidelines so Cooper had to catch it out of bounds. He was open though. There was the 3rd & 8 that Cooper caught for a touchdown on a comeback against Hargreaves but that was a legit offensive pass interference call so we'll give Hargreaves a break on that. Then there was the 4 yard touchdown.

I didn't count a slant pattern in the 1st quarter that Cooper caught because Hargreaves was in zone and didn't follow him to the inside. However, Cooper should get credit for easily winning at the line of scrimmage as Hargreaves made an attempt to jam him and failed pretty miserably. Technically that catch wasn't on Hargreaves' direct coverage but his ineffective jam on Cooper sure didn't do the defense any favors on the play.

Bottom line is when the ball came at them, there was really only one encounter that Hargreaves won and that was the screen where he got Cooper down for no gain. Otherwise Cooper was winning everything and that's why I say Hargreaves had a day I expect he'll not have again for a while, if ever in his college career.

There were some catches he had on Hargreaves that I had either forgotten about or didn't realize were against him. At most 7 catches for about 78 yards and the 1 TD on the fade. I think you'd take that against Amari Cooper. I guess my point was that Cooper's real damage came from the slot or when he wasn't matched up against Hargreaves. He had 10 catches for over 200 yards and 3 TD's in this game, where 3 for 123 and 2 TD's were not against Hargreaves.

Also, you have to understand that Hargreaves was injured from the 2nd quarter on. If you watched the game, it tells you how hurt he was. He could hardly walk between plays from the achilles injury. Most players wouldn't have been out there in his condition. I came away even more impressed with Hargreaves as a football player after this game than I was already.

The most impressive thing about Amari Cooper that savvy evaluators will notice is how fast he was able to pick up Lane Kiffin's new offensive system. In addition to how it asks him to move around. That is a talent in itself and an aspect of his game that projects to the next level.

Meanwhile Seniors like Christion Jones have really struggled to adjust to Kiffin's new offense.

The most impressive thing about Amari Cooper that savvy evaluators will notice is how fast he was able to pick up Lane Kiffin's new offensive system. In addition to how it asks him to move around. That is a talent in itself and an aspect of his game that projects to the next level.

Meanwhile Seniors like Christion Jones have really struggled to adjust to Kiffin's new offense.

Seamless

i want davante parker in aqua. with his injury, could he possibly be available where we draft (late teens presumably)?

i want davante parker in aqua. with his injury, could he possibly be available where we draft (late teens presumably)?

He's not going ahead of Kevin White or Amari Cooper. It's debatable if he goes ahead of Sammie Coates after he makes the combine his bitch and runs sub 4.4, has a vertical in the 40's, and broad jumps over 11 feet. So I would say yes. As of now I have all 3 above Parker and have Parker as my #4 WR. I have him as a mid-late 1st rounder but my draft board is not complete so that is subject to change.

He's not going ahead of Kevin White or Amari Cooper. It's debatable if he goes ahead of Sammie Coates after he makes the combine his bitch and runs sub 4.4, has a vertical in the 40's, and broad jumps over 11 feet. So I would say yes. As of now I have all 3 above Parker and have Parker as my #4 WR. I have him as a mid-late 1st rounder but my draft board is not complete so that is subject to change.

Yeah Parker is going to test out like a freak at the combine for sure. Also the doctor who did his foot surgery is the same ortho doctor for the combine. Teams will get their answers on his injury and subsequent surgery.

He beat PJ Williams for most of his 214 yards Thursday night. That's very impressive.

Yeah Parker is going to test out like a freak at the combine for sure. Also the doctor who did his foot surgery is the same ortho doctor for the combine. Teams will get their answers on his injury and subsequent surgery.

He beat PJ Williams for most of his 214 yards Thursday night. That's very impressive.

No my point was that Sammie Coates is going to absolutely destroy the combine. Parker should test well also.

Sammie Coates is really starting to be a lot more consistent lately. Maybe that's just a perception. Parker is a good WR prospect. White is probably the best prospect. Cooper obviously a good prospect. Coates is up there because he's just too gifted.

Sammie Coates is really starting to be a lot more consistent lately. Maybe that's just a perception. Parker is a good WR prospect. White is probably the best prospect. Cooper obviously a good prospect. Coates is up there because he's just too gifted.

Sammie has been showing off that high pointing ability lately (Ole Miss tonight, LSU 2014).

My top 5 are: White, Cooper, Coates, Parker, and Greene. I don't really see that changing. Jaelen Strong is next in line.

Back
Top Bottom