Slimm's 2016 Offensive Line (Seniors) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Slimm's 2016 Offensive Line (Seniors)

Pachyderm_Wave

Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ
Reaction score
Offensive Tackles:

1. Ronnie Stanley / Notre Dame / 6'6", 315 (If you paid any attention to my 2015 underclassman offensive tackle thread, Stanley would've been my #1 tackle had he declared. Fabulous. Reminds me of a young Walter Jones)

2. Le'Raven Clark / Texas Tech / 6'6", 313 (Badass)

3. Taylor Decker / Ohio St. / 6'7", 315

4. Kyle Murphy / Stanford / 6'7", 298

hi-res-df3a9888de7e47102f8b62be2d3d6bd9_crop_north.jpg

5. Willie Beavers / Western Michigan / 6'5", 309 (Underrated)

6. Spencer Drango / Baylor / 6'6", 310 (Has back issues that require monitoring)

7. Hal Vaitai / TCU / 6'6", 308

8. Jason Spriggs / Indiana / 6'7", 305 (Has been a rock for Indiana at LT since he stepped on campus in 2012. Carted off the field last year in October after a hit vs. Michigan St. Great player)

9. Cody Whitehair / Kansas St. / 6'4", 309 (Versatile. Durable. Dependable)

10. Alex Lewis / Nebraska / 6'6", 290

11. Ike Harris / ECU / 6'6", 305

12. Ryan Mack / Memphis / 6'5", 305 (Graduate transfer from Louisville)

13. Brandon Shell / South Carolina / 6'6", 327 (We tried to recruit this kid to Bama coming out of high school. Great uncle is NFL HOF'er Art Shell. Has a shoulder injury that needs watching closely)

14. Stephane Nembot / Colorado / 6'7", 300 (Native of Cameroon. Left his family to come to America after being noticed by a basketball scout. Made the transition to football. Incredible story. Incredible talent. Incredible person)

15. Tyler Marz / Wisconsin / 6'5", 321

16. John Theus / Georgia / 6'5", 305

17. Tyler Johnstone / Oregon / 6'6", 285 (Had 2 major surgeries in 18 months. Must stay healthy)

18. Mykhael Quave / UL-Lafayette / 6'5", 295

19. Todd Jacquet / Tulane / 6'5", 290

20. Dontavius Blair / Tennessee / 6'7", 300 (Watched him here in high school for Anniston. Top JUCO recruit)

21. Chris May / South Alabama / 6'5", 290 (Another Bama kid I watched in high school in the playoffs for Deshler)

Offensive Guards:

1. Landon Turner / North Carolina / 6'4", 325 (I've watched him pancake the guy across from him at least 10 times in 9 games over the past 2 seasons)

2. Vadal Alexander / LSU / 6'5", 325 (Will move to RT full time this year)

3. Christian Westerman / Arizona St. / 6'4", 301 (One of the highest rated recruits to ever commit to Sun Devils out of high school)

4. Andrew Zeller / Maryland / 6'5", 315

5. Desmine Hilliard / Baylor / 6'5", 340

6. Sebastian Tretola / Arkansas / 6'5", 350 (No sacks allowed, only guilty of 4 penalties last year. Launched a Heisman Trophy campaign after throwing a TD pass on a fake field goal)

[video=youtube;X7pgcTRSJgE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7pgcTRSJgE&feature=youtu.be[/video]

7. Sedrick Flowers / Texas / 6'3", 320

8. Alex Huettel / Bowling Green / 6'4", 309

9. Jordan Rigsbee / California / 6'4", 300 (Versatile. Has played guard, center, and right tackle)

10. Dexter Charles / Washington / 6'5", 312 (Needs to stay healthy. Misses too many games with injury)

11. Alex Barr / N.C. State / 6'7", 326 (Built like a tackle)

12. Joseph Cheek / Texas A&M / 6'6", 310 (Has bloodlines. Dad Louis Cheek was 8th round selection of Miami Dolphins in '88)

13. Josh Garnett / Stanford / 6'5", 325

14. Darrius Johnson / MTSU / 6'3", 300 (Former tackle will move to more natural guard position in '15. Guard will be his position in NFL. Quality run blocker)

15. Darrell Greene / San Diego St. / 6'4", 320

16. Robert Booker / Missouri / 6'2", 320 (Might be more natural at center)

17. Marcus Jackson / Tennessee / 6'2", 308

Centers:

1. Ryan Kelly / Alabama / 6'5", 297

2. Robert Kugler / Purdue / 6'3", 294 (Athletic center. Former 4-star recruit at TE)

3. Kyle Friend / Temple / 6'2", 305 (One of the strongest players in the country. Tough. Nasty)

4. Max Tuerk / USC / 6'6", 285 (Has started at every spot on the offensive line)

5.Joey Hunt / TCU / 6'3", 295

6. Jack Allen / Michigan St. / 6'2", 295

7. Evan Boehm / Missouri / 6'3", 320

evan-boehm.jpg

8. Austin Blythe / Iowa / 6'3", 290

9. Mitch Smothers / Arkansas / 6'3", 315

10. Jake Brendel / UCLA / 6'4", 290

11. Mike Matthews / Texas A&M / 6'2", 290

12. Taylor Lasecki / SMU / 6'2", 294

Last edited by a moderator:
3. Christian Westerman / Arizona St. / 6'4", 301 (One of the highest rated recruits to ever commit to Sun Devils out of high school)

Westerman never committed to Arizona St. He was at Auburn for two years then transferred to ASU.

Well yeah that's true technically he didn't commit to the Sun Devils initially. I probably should've just said he's one of the highest rated recruits to ever play at Arizona St. They typically don't win that recruiting battle vs. the SEC if the SEC really gets after one of those prospects from out west, as was the case with Westerman.

Everybody in the country wanted him coming out of high school. He was the #1 OG in the country. We tried to recruit him to Alabama.

Well yeah that's true technically he didn't commit to the Sun Devils initially. I probably should've just said he's one of the highest rated recruits to ever play at Arizona St. They typically don't win that recruiting battle vs. the SEC if the SEC really gets after one of those prospects from out west, as was the case with Westerman.

Everybody in the country wanted him coming out of high school. He was the #1 OG in the country. We tried to recruit him to Alabama.

Lol, I know you what you meant. Just jabbin you a little bit.

I can only comment on the top 3 OT's as of right now because they're the only ones I've finished my pre-season evaluations on.

1. Ronnie Stanley is the best offensive tackle that I've evaluated in a long time. I think he's the best OT since Joe Thomas. All-Pro for a decade.
2. Really like Clark a lot. Wasn't expecting him to be as physical as he is playing in Kingsbury's offense. Should land in the top 20 on my big board.
3. I like Taylor Decker quite a bit, but as a Right Tackle. Khalil Mack had a field day against him in 2013, but that was his first career start. I don't think he has the lateral agility to play the left side but his size, base, and strength easily project him to being a pro bowl right tackle.

3 really good football players who will all be taken on day 1.

This is considered a very deep center class, do you see any of them sneaking into the first round Slimm? Haven't got to any of them quite yet. Thanks.

This is considered a very deep center class, do you see any of them sneaking into the first round Slimm? Haven't got to any of them quite yet. Thanks.

Right now I wouldn't take any of these centers in the 1st round. The strength of this group is found more in the quality of the class as a whole. There's not an elite player that stands out at the moment, but they can all play and become quality starters at the next level...which is a little unique. There's not much difference among the top 5 I have here. Any one of 'em could be the top center in my estimation.

It's going to come down to how extremely versatile some of these guys are (like Max Tuerk for example) that will put him higher on some team's boards, as opposed to ability being the deciding factor.

Right now I wouldn't take any of these centers in the 1st round. The strength of this group is found more in the quality of the class as a whole. There's not an elite player that stands out at the moment, but they can all play and become quality starters at the next level...which is a little unique. There's not much difference among the top 5 I have here. Any one of 'em could be the top center in my estimation.

It's going to come down to how extremely versatile some of these guys are (like Max Tuerk for example) that will put him higher on some team's boards, as opposed to ability being the deciding factor.

With Tuerk being a 5 for 1 guy I could see him drafted the highest. There seems to be no consensus right now among the top 5 you have, and I'll throw in Jack Allen and the Oregon State center. I've seen just about everyone ranked #1, depending on whose list it is.

Was he the one that was abused by Oakman in the Baylor game?

That was Chauncey Briggs. My point was that Antunovic doesn't play. I've never seen him play a snap in a game for SMU on the offensive line.

He's another Serbian shot putter that June Jones talked into playing football like he did with Margus Hunt. Antunovic is supposedly even more of an athlete than Hunt was. Which is fine, except Hunt was actually on the football field.

That was Chauncey Briggs. My point was that Antunovic doesn't play. I've never seen him play a snap in a game for SMU on the offensive line.

He's another Serbian shot putter that June Jones talked into playing football like he did with Margus Hunt. Antunovic is supposedly even more of an athlete than Hunt was. Which is fine, except Hunt was actually on the football field.

Gotcha.

Back
Top Bottom