Slimm's 2016 Runningbacks (Underclassman) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Slimm's 2016 Runningbacks (Underclassman)

Pachyderm_Wave

Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ
Reaction score
**indicates RS Sophomore

1. Ezekiel Elliott / Ohio St. / 6'0", 225 (Reminiscent of Shawn Alexander coming out of Alabama)

2. Alex Collins / Arkansas / 5'11", 215

3. Derrick Henry / Alabama / 6'2", 241 (Reminiscent of Eddie George coming out of Ohio St.)

4. Kareem Hunt / Toledo / 5'11", 203

5. Paul Perkins / UCLA / 5'11", 200

6. Elijah McGuire / UL-Lafeyette / 5'11", 198 (Lesean McCoy type skillset/build)

7. Jordan Howard / Indiana / 6'1", 228 (Transfer from UAB after they shut down the football program and had a firesale on their players. Watched him in high school here for Gardendale in 6A playoffs)

8. Dwayne Washington / Washington / 6'1", 221

9. Matt Dayes / N.C. State / 5'9", 202

10. Corey Clement / Wisconsin / 5'11", 210

11. James Conner / Pittsburgh / 6'2", 245

12. Alex Ross / Oklahoma / 6'1", 221

Alex+Ross+Oklahoma+v+West+Virginia+ITH-XUAouLWl.jpg

13. Wayne Gallman** / Clemson / 6'1", 215

14. Justin Davis / USC / 6'1", 195

15. Tarean Folston / Notre Dame / 5'10", 207

16. Shock Linwood / Baylor / 5'8", 200

17. Brandon Radcliff / Louisville / 5'9", 216

18. Matt Breida / Georgia Southern / 5'9", 185

19. Marcus Cox / Appalachian St. / 5'10", 200

20. Kelvin Taylor / Florida / 5'10", 209

21. Donnell Pumphrey / San Diego St. / 5'9", 180 (Runs like he's a 205 pound back)

22. Sherman Badie** / Tulane / 5'11", 195

23. Jovon Robinson / Auburn / 6'0", 225 (Top JUCO prospect is back at Auburn after originally committing in 2013)

24. Alvin Kamara / Tennessee / 5'10", 195 (#1 JUCO prospect in the country. Originally committed to Alabama out of high school...redshirted behind T.J. Yeldon, Derrick Henry, etc.)

25. William Stanback / UCF / 5'11", 221

26. Trey Edmunds / Virginia Tech / 6'1", 217 (Older Dolphin fans will be familiar with his dad.....former pro bowl TE Ferrell Edmunds)

27. Shane Tucker / MTSU / 5'11", 220

28. Jordan Chunn / Troy / 6'0", 231

29. Aaron Jones / UTEP / 5'10", 185

30. Derrick Green / Michigan / 5'11", 227

31. Shadrach Abrokwah / UMASS / 5'9", 200

shadrach-abrokwah-cb6cc90da3bad504.png

32. Jahad Thomas / Temple / 5'10", 180

33. Ke'aun Kinner / Kansas / 5'9", 186

34. Adam Lane** / Eastern Kentucky / 5'7", 222

Adam+Lane+Eastern+Kentucky+v+Florida+NwGQPviVw3Gl.jpg

35. Kalif Phillips / Charlotte / 5'10", 205

36. Anthony Wales / Western Kentucky / 5'10", 190

37. Gus Edwards / Miami / 6'1", 230

38. Darrius Sims / Vanderbilt / 5'9", 185 (Played CB last year. Switched to RB in the spring because he was the team's best scoring threat despite playing CB and returning kicks. Dynamic kick returner)

39. Darik Dillard / Rice / 5'10", 195

40. T.J. Logan / North Carolina / 5'10", 180

41. Charles Jones / Kansas St. / 5'10", 197

42. Korliss Marshall / Eastern Illinois / 6'0", 205 (Transferred from Arkansas. Fast.)

Fullbacks:

1. Glenn Gronkowski / Kansas St. / 6'2", 235

2. Sam Rogers / Virginia Tech / 5'10", 227

Last edited by a moderator:
You're a machine. I'm still 60-90 days from being done. I'm not going to check these rankings because I don't want them to influence my own opinion, but I'm sure it's great work as always.

West Virginia's junior RBs Rushell Shell & Wendell Smallwood (possible WR) were missed.

West Virginia's junior RBs Rushell Shell & Wendell Smallwood (possible WR) were missed.

They weren't missed. I just don't particularly like either one of 'em.

The back that interests me from WV has always been Andrew Buie. He just visited Tuscaloosa last week in preparations for a potential transfer to Alabama. He's already graduated, so he'll be eligible to play immediately no matter where he ends up.

Slimm, do you see any comparison in running styles with Crowell and Alex Collins? I prefer the Collins, but see similiar size/ strength and burst.

Slimm, do you see any comparison in running styles with Crowell and Alex Collins? I prefer the Collins, but see similiar size/ strength and burst.

I think that's a very appropriate comparison for Collins in terms of running style. They run very similar. However, Collins is a littler better than Crowell was. Little faster and a little more explosive.

Collins has the best set of running instincts in the country in my opinion. It was difficult for me not to put him #2 here.... in fact I still might by the time it's all said and done. He reminds me a lot of Ben Tate coming out of Auburn.

They weren't missed. I just don't particularly like either one of 'em.

The back that interests me from WV has always been Andrew Buie. He just visited Tuscaloosa last week in preparations for a potential transfer to Alabama. He's already graduated, so he'll be eligible to play immediately no matter where he ends up.

Did he sign with Bama? My hometown Noles suddenly have an opening at RB....

Hey Slimm great stuff as always! Where would you rank Fournette in this class? Having an argument with a buddy and could use an experts opinion.

Hey Slimm great stuff as always! Where would you rank Fournette in this class? Having an argument with a buddy and could use an experts opinion.

He'd be in the top 3 right there with Collins and Henry. In short, he's a tremendous blend of speed and power. He was a grown man coming out of high school.

I think that's a very appropriate comparison for Collins in terms of running style. They run very similar. However, Collins is a littler better than Crowell was. Little faster and a little more explosive.

Collins has the best set of running instincts in the country in my opinion. It was difficult for me not to put him #2 here.... in fact I still might by the time it's all said and done. He reminds me a lot of Ben Tate coming out of Auburn.

That's what stood out to me about him coming out of high school. The three things that stood out most about him back in July 2012 were ideal size/speed ability (for a high schooler), his feet, and his vision from the backfield. I thought it was pretty rare to see all three of those things come together in one recruiting prospect. It was the vision that really made him unique, as a combo of size/speed and sweet feet is not wholly uncommon. At the time he was taking visits to South Florida, and was considered within their reach. As the 2012 high school season got underway, others started to recognize him as well and I think he even got a fifth star, so it became clear South Florida didn't have a shot in hell. Then there was the shenanigans with his mother as he was trying to sign with Arkansas, which I know you remember. Was pretty funny.

I'm a big fan. Have been since watching his junior high school tape. He's NFL all the way.

My top 5 right now:

1. Ezekiel Elliott
2. Derrick Henry
3. Alex Collins
4. Corey Clement
5. James Conner

Dalvin Cook is the best RB in the nation. FSU hasn't blocked a soul, he's creating everything on his own. Special talent.

How would you rank the following backs: Todd Gurley, Melvin Gordon, Ezekiel Elliot, Derrick Henry, Leonard Fournette, Nick Chubb, Dalvin Cook, and Jalen Hurd?

Back
Top Bottom