Slimm's 2016 Runningbacks (Underclassman) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Slimm's 2016 Runningbacks (Underclassman)

How would you rank the following backs: Todd Gurley, Melvin Gordon, Ezekiel Elliot, Derrick Henry, Leonard Fournette, Nick Chubb, Dalvin Cook, and Jalen Hurd?

1. Gurley
2. Fournette
3. Elliott
4. Gordon
5. Chubb
6. Cook
7. Henry
8. Hurd

I don't know but I think Devontae Booker is my favorite RB to watch on tape, though a senior.

Like Cam Smith from Granite Bay, this is another local kid I had the privilege to watch for several years in HS. He's out of Grant Union HS in Sacramento and played with Shaq Thompson (Panthers) and James Sample (Jaguars). Same school that produced Donte Stallworth and Onterrio Smith.

Booker and Zeke Elliott are the best all-around RB's I have seen this season. Booker is especially catching the eye of the NFL scouts due to his pass receiving and blocking skills. The kid does everything well. As of a few week ago, he was leading the FBS in yards after contact. He's a powerful runner with good instincts, balance and speed. He's one of those guys that always seems to "fall forward". He makes 2-3 yards when other backs would only get 1.

To me, what really separates him (and Elliott) from others are the blocking and pass receiving abilities. Both have tremendous hands and just have a great feel for what to do in the pass protection game. Elliott is even a really good lead blocker.

Rumblings from Madison are indicating that Corey Clement will sit out the rest of the year and enter the draft. Teammates and coaches have been surprised at the length of his absence after sports hernia surgery for a few weeks now. He came back to play against Rutgers, he's from New Jersey, had over 100 yards and 3 TDs, that was 2 weeks ago. Very serious concerns about what kind of teammate he is. Plenty of talk from around the program that he is healthy enough to play, but is choosing not to.

James Conner diagnosed with cancer. Obviously this sucks on many levels, best wishes to the kid.

James Conner diagnosed with cancer. Obviously this sucks on many levels, best wishes to the kid.
Just read that on CBS Sports, truly awful. Prayers and best wishes to him!

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

FWIW the story on ESPN does say that there is an 85-95% survival rate for someone with Conner's prognosis. Medicine has come a long, long way. Hope that he gets healthy and is able to keep playing football.

Back
Top Bottom