Slimm's 2016 Wide Receivers (Underclassman) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Slimm's 2016 Wide Receivers (Underclassman)

Pachyderm_Wave

Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ
Reaction score
**indicates RS sophomore

1. Laquon Treadwell / Ole Miss / 6'2", 229

2. William Fuller / Notre Dame / 6'0", 185

3. Tyler Boyd / Pittsburgh / 6'2", 195

4. Pharoh Cooper / South Carolina / 5'11", 201

5. Travin Dural / LSU / 6'2", 192

6. Rashard Higgins / Colorado St. / 6'2", 188

7. Corey Coleman / Baylor / 5'10", 185

8. Ricky Seals-Jones** / Texas A&M / 6'5", 235

Ricky+Seals+Jones+Tommie+Barrett+Lamar+v+Texas+Co2W4QRmVajl.jpg

9. Roger Lewis** / Bowling Green / 6'0", 196

10. Josh Reynolds / Texas A&M / 6'3", 190

11. Corey Davis / Western Michigan / 6'2", 205

12. De'Runnya Wilson / Mississippi St. / 6'4", 225

13. Mike Williams / Clemson / 6'3", 205

14. Demarcus Robinson / Florida / 6'1", 205

15. Michael Thomas / Ohio St. / 6'3", 203

16. Kenny Lawler / California / 6'3", 190

17. Marquez North / Tennessee / 6'3", 221

18. Cayleb Jones / Arizona / 6'3", 215

19. Jason Croom / Tennessee / 6'4", 234

20. Ajalen Holley / UL-Monroe / 5'10", 192

-ulmtroyhc-emcintyre21.jpg20140927.jpg

21. Stacy Coley / Miami / 6'1", 185

22. Keevan Lucas / Tulsa / 5'10", 198

23. Mack Hollins / North Carolina / 6'2", 200

24. Jordan Villamin** / Oregon St. / 6'5", 231

25. Ryan Switzer / North Carolina / 5'10", 180 (Deadly punt returner)

26. Corey Robinson / Notre Dame / 6'5", 205

27. Gehrig Dieter / Bowling Green / 6'3", 210

28. Brandon Reilly / Nebraska / 6'1", 195

29. Thomas Duarte / UCLA / 6'3", 225

30. Jhajuan Seales / Oklahoma St. / 6'2", 198

31. Jordan Westerkamp / Nebraska / 6'0", 195 (Made the catch of the year week 1 vs. FAU)

[video=youtube;4GYURyJT8Rg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GYURyJT8Rg[/video]

32. Darren Carrington** / Oregon / 6'2", 192

33. John Diarse** / LSU / 6'0", 210

34. Rokeem Williams / Miami (OH) / 6'1", 199

35. John Ross / Washington / 6'0", 182 (Extremely fast Paul Richardson clone)

36. Devonte Boyd** / UNLV / 6'1", 180

37. Jalen Robinette / Air Force / 6'2", 220

38. Tyler Winston / San Jose St. / 6'2", 195

bilde

39. KeVonn Mabon / Ball St. / 6'1", 215

40. Taywan Taylor / Western Kentucky / 6'1", 190

41. Isaiah Jones / ECU / 6'1", 188

42. Teldrick Morgan / New Mexico St. / 6'0", 185

43. Geno Lewis / Penn St. / 6'1", 199

44. Carlos Henderson** / Louisiana Tech / 5'10", 185

45. Zach Pascal / Old Dominion / 6'2", 211

46. Eric Judge / San Diego St. / 6'1", 190

47. Fred Ross / Mississippi St. / 6'1", 205

48. James Quick / Louisville / 6'2", 180

49. Daesean Hamilton / Penn St. / 6'1", 203

50. Darreus Rogers / USC / 6'1", 215

51. Amara Darboh / Michigan / 6'2", 214

52. Donovahn Jones / Minnesota / 6'3", 200

53. Demore'ea Stringfellow / Ole Miss / 6'2", 227 (Originally committed to Washington...broke out vs UCLA with huge game as a freshman. Got into off field trouble and was dismissed from the program. Landed at Ole Miss this spring and was arrested again along with DB teammate Trae Elston. Huge talent built almost identical to Laquon Treadwell. If he can get his behavior under control, will sky rocket up this board)

54. Devin Lauderdale / Texas Tech / 5'11", 173

55. Victor Bolden / Oregon St. / 5'9", 175

56. Cooper Kupp / Eastern Washington / 6'1", 195

57. Samajie Grant / Arizona / 5'9", 175

58. Alex Erickson / Wisconsin / 6'0", 198

59. Ryan Timmons / Kentucky / 5'10", 193

Last edited by a moderator:
I have an irrationally high opinion of Tyler Boyd. To the point where I don't want us to take a WR early this draft, just so we're more likely to pursue him next year. It's unhealthy.

I'm super fascinated by Stacy Coley's trajectory. No idea what he'll bring to the table next season. 18 now...Wonder where he'll rank for you this time next year.

Slimm, why does Ohio State rotate their WR's like their defensive lineman? Michael Thomas is a good WR prospect but it seems like they were constantly shuffling receivers. Thanks.

Slimm, why does Ohio State rotate their WR's like their defensive lineman? Michael Thomas is a good WR prospect but it seems like they were constantly shuffling receivers. Thanks.

Well, a lot of teams that run up tempo, HUNH type offenses like to rotate their receivers. However, there's not many that have the depth and talent at receiver to do it on the scale that Ohio St. can under Urban Meyer. It's by design. He probably doesn't want any one receiver playing more than 35 plays or so during a game....particularly when the goal in the first place is to run somewhere around 90 plays offensively.

The logic behind it is simple, and it's why a lot of defensive coaches are frustrated with the infiltration of HUNH offenses....most notably Nick Saban.

You see, when these HUNH offenses are snapping the ball every 15-20 seconds to run a play, they were getting the chance to substitute as they wished offensively.... whereas the defense wasn't being allowed to substitute personnel. The rules being slanted in favor of the offenses. If Ohio St. runs a play out of a trips formation or a 2x2 set (which they like to do a lot) the receivers will often just run off the field after they've ran downfield 30-40 yards, instead of having to run all the back to the line of scrimmage to run another play. Meanwhile, the coaches just run another group of receivers onto the field to hurry up and run another play....not giving the defense the chance to substitute.

In other words, Ohio St. has a variety of different skillsets among their receivers. It's more important to keep the offensive play tally going and keep running plays (even with subs) than it is to slow the game down and allow the defense to substitute. You're basically running the same plays anyway, just out of different formations.

What you gain by having this advantage is negating the impact that a defensive mastermind like Nick Saban for example, has on the football game. He's not allowed to utilize his own substitutions and sub packages defensively to the extent that he would like. This is the main reason why Bama's defense tends to struggle against these HUNH type offenses.

Michael Thomas is a good receiver, and only going to get better. He has incredible hands and body control to adjust to poorly thrown balls. Excellent at catching the football outside of his frame. Even when he's covered at the collegiate level, he's open.

Well, a lot of teams that run up tempo, HUNH type offenses like to rotate their receivers. However, there's not many that have the depth and talent at receiver to do it on the scale that Ohio St. can under Urban Meyer. It's by design. He probably doesn't want any one receiver playing more than 35 plays or so during a game....particularly when the goal in the first place is to run somewhere around 90 plays offensively.

The logic behind it is simple, and it's why a lot of defensive coaches are frustrated with the infiltration of HUNH offenses....most notably Nick Saban.

You see, when these HUNH offenses are snapping the ball every 15-20 seconds to run a play, they were getting the chance to substitute as they wished offensively.... whereas the defense wasn't being allowed to substitute personnel. The rules being slanted in favor of the offenses. If Ohio St. runs a play out of a trips formation or a 2x2 set (which they like to do a lot) the receivers will often just run off the field after they've ran downfield 30-40 yards, instead of having to run all the back to the line of scrimmage to run another play. Meanwhile, the coaches just run another group of receivers onto the field to hurry up and run another play....not giving the defense the chance to substitute.

In other words, Ohio St. has a variety of different skillsets among their receivers. It's more important to keep the offensive play tally going and keep running plays (even with subs) than it is to slow the game down and allow the defense to substitute. You're basically running the same plays anyway, just out of different formations.

What you gain by having this advantage is negating the impact that a defensive mastermind like Nick Saban for example, has on the football game. He's not allowed to utilize his own substitutions and sub packages defensively to the extent that he would like. This is the main reason why Bama's defense tends to struggle against these HUNH type offenses.

Michael Thomas is a good receiver, and only going to get better. He has incredible hands and body control to adjust to poorly thrown balls. Excellent at catching the football outside of his frame. Even when he's covered at the collegiate level, he's open.

Great post Slimm

Right now my top 5:

1. Laquon Treadwell
2. De'Runnya Wilson
3. Mike Williams
4. Michael Thomas
5. Tyler Boyd

Right now my top 5:

1. Laquon Treadwell
2. De'Runnya Wilson
3. Mike Williams
4. Michael Thomas
5. Tyler Boyd

CSU's Rashard Higgins is the best WR in college football in my opinion, Senior or Undergrad. He has been dealing with an ankle injury, but when he is healthy he is money. I may be biased as I live in Colorado, but I also am a CU grad, and we hate CSU, but he is the best.

CSU's Rashard Higgins is the best WR in college football in my opinion, Senior or Undergrad. He has been dealing with an ankle injury, but when he is healthy he is money. I may be biased as I live in Colorado, but I also am a CU grad, and we hate CSU, but he is the best.

Yeah I don't think he is special

Treadwell... man one of the many talented guys Brady Hoke let slip through his fingers (though I think some foul play was involved with him choosing Ole Miss over other schools), having him lining up with Darboh this year would be awesome.

Slimm, I know he is a few years away, but as a Gator fan have you seen Antonio Callaway yet?

Plenty.

Callaway, Calvin Ridley, Christian Kirk, Terry Godwin, and Donald Gray are all going to be special players in the SEC in terms of freshman wide receivers.

Back
Top Bottom