29. Jamar Summers / UCONN / 5'11", 189 [UDFA]

30. Jamarcus King / S. Carolina / 6'1", 185 [UDFA]

31. Devron Davis / UTSA / 6'0", 210 [UDFA]

32. Lance Austin / Georgia Tech / 5'10", 185 [UDFA]

33. Bryon Fields / Duke / 5'11", 180 [UDFA]

34. Rashard Fant / Indiana / 5'9", 179 [UDFA]

35. Josh Cox / C. Michigan / 5'11", 197 [UDFA]

36. Ryan Carter / Clemson / 5'9", 180 [UDFA]

Getting into this CB group, there's a lot to like. I like each if the top 4. Phillips had a dip in activity in 2016, and I'd like to see Springs improve in that area in general, but both defend the pass very well, and Phillips has star potential as a playmaker. Thomas and Stewart are studs.

I also like Harding and Fant a lot as slot CB's. Very good all-around players, who should be able to step in and contribute early, because they contribute in so many different ways.

Parry Nickerson will have to add significant weight, but, if he's able, he also shows a lot of promise. 5'8 is tough to draft, but I wouldn't bet against Lurry making a team in 2018.

As usual, Slimm, these rankings are excellent.

Getting into this CB group, there's a lot to like. I like each if the top 4. Phillips had a dip in activity in 2016, and I'd like to see Springs improve in that area in general, but both defend the pass very well, and Phillips has star potential as a playmaker. Thomas and Stewart are studs.

I also like Harding and Fant a lot as slot CB's. Very good all-around players, who should be able to step in and contribute early, because they contribute in so many different ways.

Parry Nickerson will have to add significant weight, but, if he's able, he also shows a lot of promise. 5'8 is tough to draft, but I wouldn't bet against Lurry making a team in 2018.

As usual, Slimm, these rankings are excellent.

I'd like to see Jordan Thomas be more physical. Has a tendency to play not physical enough for me. He ranks #1 among my Senior CB's more by default than because I'm in love with him.

There's a few who could overtake him for the top spot here by the time it's all said and done.

Tony Brown is by far the most physically talented corner on this list. Watch out if he ever figures it out.

Averett is underrated in coverage. He was Bama's best cover corner the last month of the season last year.

I also really like Harding and Fant. Good eye as usual.

Deatrick Nichols has looked really compelling as a slot/nickel corner this year for South Florida, and that's a position that has seemed increasingly hard in the NFL to get right in a way that can impact the game positively for the defense.

The physicality and aggressiveness on Nichols is tremendous.

Just getting around to Kameron Kelly, and he's having an outstanding year. I think he and Penny are the real deal, and as we get closer to draft time, I expect people to catch on. Kelly reminds me a bit of a faster, more fluid Rasul Douglas from last year. He made the game-clinching INT against Stanford. Would be a good fit for Miami or Buffalo in the AFC East. Carolina, Atlanta, Seattle, Minnesota, Cincinnati, and Philadelphia are also good fits. I know Slimm and CK know this, but he's a converted WR, and he has the ball skills you'd expect from one, but he's much more physical, active, and interested in tackling than you'd expect from a converted WR. Seems like a good dude - articulate, humble, big goals.

Deatrick Nichols has looked really compelling as a slot/nickel corner this year for South Florida, and that's a position that has seemed increasingly hard in the NFL to get right in a way that can impact the game positively for the defense.

The physicality and aggressiveness on Nichols is tremendous.

Wilkins looks pretty good, too. Glad to see USF doing well.

Hmm wondering what happened to my comments I made a while back. I know the site had some upgrading maybe thats it but I remember talking about the USF CB situation because this list had Tajee Fullwood and i had disagreed and mentioned Deatrick Nichols name because he was not listed. Now I come back Tajee is gone insert Nichols and my comments is gone.

Hmm wondering what happened to my comments I made a while back. I know the site had some upgrading maybe thats it but I remember talking about the USF CB situation because this list had Tajee Fullwood and i had disagreed and mentioned Deatrick Nichols name because he was not listed. Now I come back Tajee is gone insert Nichols and my comments is gone.

You made the comment in my underclassman cornerback thread from last year. It's still there...

http://finheaven.com/threads/slimms-2017-cornerbacks-underclassman.331801/

Fullwood's been playing safety for the past few years, and he's a top 10 Senior safety prospect in this class on my board. Not sure why you believe Deatrick Nichols is so good, yet seemingly don't appreciate Fullwood as an NFL prospect. His play and ability to make big plays has been so instrumental in big games for USF, including the win over South Carolina last year in the bowl game. Couple that with his versatility and special teams ability as the primary punt returner (where he was top 25 nationally in punt return average) and you have a kid who stands a pretty good shot at carving out an NFL career. He has prototypical size and athletic ability that the NFL covets. Furthermore, I know what he does in practice for USF. I know how consistently he makes big plays in practice, along with Deatrick Nichols.

Nichols is a nickel back or slot corner in the NFL.

I welcome any and all comments regarding these rankings that I put out. But the bottom line is they're mine. They're what I see. Anybody can disagree with whatever they want, but there is no "wrong guy". They're my prospects on my list in my order based off my time and my study.

My question is, what's your point? I'll be glad to critic any list, ranking, or material from any expert out there. Are you an expert or not?

First, thank you for correcting me didn't realize it was in another thread. Thought that with the new updates to the board there was some lost posts.

Secondly, when I originally posted that comment was because you had Tajee up there when I thought Nichols was better (in my opinion) but he wasn't even on the list. As a USF season ticket holder I watch all the games and by no means does that make me an "expert" but all I was merely questioning was I didn't think Tajee was so good to be on the list and now have our best CB (Nichols) up there. Thats all.

Thirdly, I enjoy your reports and rankings been following them for years but sure there are times when I disagree. I don't want you to take offense to it but cause I do value your work. My extent of "expertise" is watching a games and if someone catches my eye I evaluate further. So I don't put the work you do or at the scale you do but I do recognize talent when I see it.. but once again thank you for your work and happy holidays.

Christian Campbell of Penn State had a strong week of Senior Bowl practice in the CB/WR one on one drills, breaking up 7 of 15 passes and only allowing 2 to be completed. He was especially good in press coverage. I've been watching him more and the guy has long arms and very good hands, and moves well. He breaks up a ton of passes with those long arms and good hands, and some of those breakups have led to other players intercepting the football. He forced two fumbles this year. The long arms and good hands are the common denominator in a lot of what he does (including putting a lock down on receivers in press coverage during one on one's), yet he can clearly also move.

I mean, he bit like hell on this double-move here, which is obviously a teaching moment about peaking in the backfield. He should've been roasted on a spit. But his long arms, good hands, and recovery speed still made this a damn hard catch for D.J. Moore to come down with.

Deatrick Nichols reportedly runs 4.32 to 4.35 on USF pro day. Along with his tape I think he has a good shot of being a mid round pick. We can use a guy like that if the staff thinks we need to replace Bobby McCain .. plus hes a Miami guy..

Deatrick Nichols reportedly runs 4.32 to 4.35 on USF pro day. Along with his tape I think he has a good shot of being a mid round pick. We can use a guy like that if the staff thinks we need to replace Bobby McCain .. plus hes a Miami guy..

He also did a 37" vertical.

The guy is a fantastic, aggressive tackler, too.

Back
Top Bottom