Slimm's 2018 Defensive Ends (Seniors) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Slimm's 2018 Defensive Ends (Seniors)

Personally I think Marcus Davenport plays like a 1st rounder. He's the first guy I've seen that actually makes me want to compare to the NFL version of Carlos Dunlap.

Just the NFL version? He was pretty good when he wasn't getting hammered and falling asleep behind the wheel before the SEC championship game.

You know CK, you mentioned Dunlap as a comparison for Davenport, and I can see that. I read either a mock draft or an article on another website, can't remember which, but the author mentioned Calais Campbell as a comparison for Davenport. What are your thoughts on that? Or anyone else who wants to answer that.

Not so much on Campbell. The only thing they have in common is they are both very tall.

Randy Gregory would be a better comp.

Calais Campbell is an amazing player but he's different from a Marcus Davenport, especially now in the NFL. Calais was more similar in college, when he was played like a true pass rushing defensive end more often, and was slimmer than now. But he still was not too similar to Davenport.

Two things point me toward comparing Davenport to Dunlap now as opposed to Dunlap back in Florida. One is the usage compares more easily, the way UTSA uses Davenport and the way the Bengals have used Dunlap. Another is that I didn't really think Dunlap had showed as much flexibility in college as I've seen him display in the pros, and I think Davenport has a lot of flexibility for a tall guy.

Getting greater appreciation for Justin Lawler as I watch him and as I watch more and more of these defensive ends. I feel like he differentiates himself because of how quick he is, how quickly he moves his feet and his playing speed. He's like this year's Trey Hendrickson.

Sherit retired a few weeks ago because of that hip injury. I knew it was bad but didn't know it was a career ender. He had late round developmental potential IMO. All the best to him.

Sherit retired a few weeks ago because of that hip injury. I knew it was bad but didn't know it was a career ender. He had late round developmental potential IMO. All the best to him.

Yeah I hated to see that, terrible break for the kid.

Have to wait and see if K.J. Smith applies for a medical redshirt and is granted a 6th year of eligibility. If so, I look for him to be back for Baylor next year. Talent wise he ranks much higher here.

What do you make of Tee Sims?

Another Roosevelt Nix?

His pressure rate was insane. He rushed the passer 175 times in that (frustrating) active rotation of theirs, had 42 pressures. That's Cameron Wake-like.

I realize sometimes you take these with a grain of salt...but that's pretty ridiculous production. Highest in the class, by a good margin. Higher than Brian Womac and Shaquem Griffin who were outside pass rushers.

Can't help but be reminded of Brandon Graham when I'm watching Tee Sims.

What do you make of Tee Sims?

Another Roosevelt Nix?

His pressure rate was insane. He rushed the passer 175 times in that (frustrating) active rotation of theirs, had 42 pressures. That's Cameron Wake-like.

I realize sometimes you take these with a grain of salt...but that's pretty ridiculous production. Highest in the class, by a good margin. Higher than Brian Womac and Shaquem Griffin who were outside pass rushers.

Can't help but be reminded of Brandon Graham when I'm watching Tee Sims.

I probably wouldn't be inclined to make a Nix comparison...I think they're very different players and Sims a better prospect, but he's one of the top sleepers in this class.

Better than quite a few defensive lineman that were invited to the combine in my opinion.

Roosevelt Nix comparison was a nod to the fact he played fullback at Georgia Military and may end up playing fullback in the NFL as well, much like Nix had to in the NFL.

But you seem to believe he's got a future as an NFL pass rusher. He does remind me of Brandon Graham as I said, but I've no idea whether he's got the athleticism and measurables. Guess we will find out.

Back
Top Bottom