Slimm's 2018 Tight Ends (Underclassman)

Pachyderm_Wave

Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ
Reaction score
1. Mark Andrews / Oklahoma / 6'5", 256 [#42 overall]

2. Hayden Hurst / S. Carolina / 6'4", 250 [#63 overall]

3. Ryan Izzo / Florida St. / 6'5", 256 [#118 overall]

4. Jordan Akins / UCF / 6'3", 249 [#255 overall]

It's surprising to see Elkanah Dillon this high. Perhaps I take him for granted a little bit. But I've been watching Mitchell Wilcox for a while going back to high school, and I like him a lot too.

Mark Andrews would've been the best tight end in THIS draft let alone next draft.

It's surprising to see Elkanah Dillon this high. Perhaps I take him for granted a little bit. But I've been watching Mitchell Wilcox for a while going back to high school, and I like him a lot too.

Mark Andrews would've been the best tight end in THIS draft let alone next draft.

Still young. Has things you can't coach at the position. Dillon will be a good one.

Surprised Mike Gesicki from Penn State isn't on the list. The kid is a pure athlete. He'll need a lot of work on routes and leverage in blocking, but when he puts a year of NFL coaching together with his size and athletic ability, he should be an absolute beast. After the Combine, I think he'll shoot up on teams' boards.

Surprised Mike Gesicki from Penn State isn't on the list. The kid is a pure athlete. He'll need a lot of work on routes and leverage in blocking, but when he puts a year of NFL coaching together with his size and athletic ability, he should be an absolute beast. After the Combine, I think he'll shoot up on teams' boards.

Because he's a senior.

http://finheaven.com/threads/slimms-2018-tight-ends-seniors.340641/

He's literally the #1 senior TE on Slimm's list there. :)

What is the story on Hayden Hurst? He's 25 years old and yet he's an underclassman? I see more interest in him for the Draft. Also notice that at 6'5" and 250 lbs he's ideal size. Didn't watch many Game****s games, what are his strengths and weaknesses?

What is the story on Hayden Hurst? He's 25 years old and yet he's an underclassman? I see more interest in him for the Draft. Also notice that at 6'5" and 250 lbs he's ideal size. Didn't watch many Game****s games, what are his strengths and weaknesses?

He was playing professional baseball in the minors...still had eligibility left to play college football and walked on for the Game****s.

Frame, athleticism, toughness, durability, consistency, maturity are all strengths. Only real weakness is his age.

There is no substitute for just watching players play. Reading somebody else's over-analysis is a waste of time.

Older players playing a position where things like strength, physicality, and athletic coordination actually matter...always make me nervous. It's one thing if it's QB and it's mostly a technical position anyway. But a TE or a DE is a guy who makes his hay physically beating up on his opponent, and in this case it's a fully grown 24 or 25 year old man often beating up on an 18 or 19 year old kid. That sort of thing makes me wonder if there's a lack of equilibrium contributing to the tape looking a certain way.

/overnalysis

Back
Top Bottom