Slimm's 2019 Runningbacks (underclassman) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Slimm's 2019 Runningbacks (underclassman)

Pachyderm_Wave

Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ
Reaction score
1. Josh Jacobs / Alabama / 5'10", 220

2. David Montgomery / Iowa St. / 5'10", 222

3. Miles Sanders / Penn St. / 5'11", 211

4. Alex Barnes / Kansas St. / 6'0", 226

5. Mike Weber / Ohio St. / 5'10", 211

6. Trayveon Williams / Texas A&M / 5'8", 206

7. Darrell Henderson / Memphis / 5'8", 208

8. Justice Hill / Oklahoma St. / 5'10", 198

9. Devin Singletary / FAU / 5'7", 203

10. Rodney Anderson / Oklahoma / 6'0", 224

11. Alex Mattison / Boise St. / 5'11", 221

12. Benny Snell / Kentucky / 5'10", 224

13. Travis Homer / Miami / 5'10", 201

14. Darwin Thompson / Utah St. / 5'8", 200

15. Damarea Crockett / Missouri / 5'11", 226

16. Jordan Scarlett / Florida / 5'11", 208

17. James Williams / Washington St. / 5'9", 197

18. Elijah Holyfield / Georgia / 5'10", 217

19. Kerrith Whyte / FAU / 5'10", 197

Last edited:
Most Underrated: Take your pick - Ke'Shawn Vaughn, Joshua Kelley, James Williams, Josh Jacobs, Artavis Pierce, Zack Moss, Trayveon Williams, Elijah Holyfield, Darrell Henderson. They all are.

Most Overrated: None really, but I'll say Benny Snell. Good football player. But on the slow side.

OK so because most of my scouting revolves around the Gators schedule. I'm finding your rankings Vaughn and Perine to be a little low. Vaughn looks a hell of a prospect and I really love Perine, the kid is legit(but I'm biased ).

OK so because most of my scouting revolves around the Gators schedule. I'm finding your rankings Vaughn and Perine to be a little low. Vaughn looks a hell of a prospect and I really love Perine, the kid is legit(but I'm biased ).

Both good players, that's why they're here. I've been watching Vaughn since he was at Illinois. But it gets a lot more interesting if you watch ALL of these players and study them week in week out. Year in year out.

Go watch the Corbin kid running the ball for Illinois now. He looks like he could set a combine record in the 3cone and shuttle drills. His COD and ability to make guys miss is insane.

Every year I have people come into these threads to tell me they feel certain players from their favorite teams are ranked too low. Last year around this time it was Nick1 trying to tell me I had R.J. McIntosh too low. I don't even know if he's played a snap yet in the NFL.

They don't understand I'm watching 20 or 25 other players across the country make the same plays. Some will go back to school and others will declare for the draft.

My rankings will always make more sense after kids go back to school and others declare. Believe me when I tell you there's a method to the madness.

Both good players, that's why they're here. I've been watching Vaughn since he was at Illinois. But it gets a lot more interesting if you watch ALL of these players and study them week in week out. Year in year out.

Go watch the Corbin kid running the ball for Illinois now. He looks like he could set a combine record in the 3cone and shuttle drills. His COD and ability to make guys miss is insane.

Every year I have people come into these threads to tell me they feel certain players from their favorite teams are ranked too low. Last year around this time it was Nick1 trying to tell me I had R.J. McIntosh too low. I don't even know if he's played a snap yet in the NFL.

They don't understand I'm watching 20 or 25 other players across the country make the same plays. Some will go back to school and others will declare for the draft.

My rankings will always make more sense after kids go back to school and others declare. Believe me when I tell you there's a method to the madness.

And now you got two Gator fans doing it. :lol:

Not that I was wrong with Neal, Maye, Davis, Anzalone ...

And I totally respect the amount of effort you obviously put in to it all. It's really amazing how much stuff you digest and evaluate. I was just kind of messing with you on Perine in particular, like Bob says I'm just showing my bias. I do think that Vaughn struck me as a difference maker in the same way as Gurley did for Georgia when we played Vandy, had he not been injured during that game I'm pretty sure the Gators would have lost again. I'm not saying he's Gurley like, but that kind of ability to change the course of a game which Gurley had was evident a bit in his performance that day. He may go under the radar a little in the draft if he declares and if he does he's going be a great value pick for some team.

Adrian Killins UCF, looks like the prototypical RB/WR for a Gase offense, speed is scary. Have you guys looked at him yet ? Don't see him in your list Slimm. Don't think you draft him as purely a RB, he seems very much like an Albert Wilson or a Jakeem Grant to me.

Adrian Killins UCF, looks like the prototypical RB/WR for a Gase offense, speed is scary. Have you guys looked at him yet ? Don't see him in your list Slimm. Don't think you draft him as purely a RB, he seems very much like an Albert Wilson or a Jakeem Grant to me.

I'm not a big proponent of 145 pound players. I don't care how fast they are.

I'm not sure exactly who in Miami has such an affinity for a small football team - maybe it is Coach Gase. But I'm not a fan of it myself.

Small and non-physical is never a recipe for winning football in my opinion.

I'm a big Alex Barnes fan. Smooth, tough runner, catches, blocks. Reminds me of guys like Arian Foster and James Conner. Kind of doubt that he declares, but I'd start considering him in the 3rd, and I think you might be able to get him in the 4th/5th range.

Also like Snell as a college player, but I agree that he doesn't have the speed/burst to excel in the NFL. Hope we're wrong, but I doubt it.

Devin Singletary has many of Frank Gore's traits as a runner. The contact balance and ability to make himself smaller to slither through creases really stand out compared to most other backs. Finishes runs.

Most Underrated: Take your pick - Ke'Shawn Vaughn, Joshua Kelley, James Williams, Josh Jacobs, Artavis Pierce, Zack Moss, Trayveon Williams, Elijah Holyfield, Darrell Henderson. They all are.

Most Overrated: None really, but I'll say Benny Snell. Good football player. But on the slow side.

As a closet Vandy fan, what do you think of Vaughn. He really surprised me this year.

As a closet Vandy fan, what do you think of Vaughn. He really surprised me this year.

I thought he was a really good looking back his freshman year at Illinois. Vaughn is a tremendous back - different caliber athlete than what Vanderbilt typically gets at the skill positions. Kid was a 4-star recruit that most everybody wanted coming out of high school. Very explosive. Probably a better fit for what the NFL has evolved into than he is at Vanderbilt. He may come out early...

I thought he was a really good looking back his freshman year at Illinois. Vaughn is a tremendous back - different caliber athlete than what Vanderbilt typically gets at the skill positions. Kid was a 4-star recruit that most everybody wanted coming out of high school. Very explosive. Probably a better fit for what the NFL has evolved into than he is at Vanderbilt. He may come out early...

Good to here. How Mason didn't notice this earlier in there is beyond me. He was rolling with a 3 RB committee for a lot of the year.

Re-watching some plays from the Texas Bowl last night - this was Ke'Shawn Vaughn's best performance of his career. Baylor's defense isn't exactly the '85 Bears, but Vaughn looked similar to the pre knee injury version of Nick Chubb. The speed, acceleration, agility, balance, power and ability to finish runs were breath taking. Special player.

Re-watching some plays from the Texas Bowl last night - this was Ke'Shawn Vaughn's best performance of his career. Baylor's defense isn't exactly the '85 Bears, but Vaughn looked similar to the pre knee injury version of Nick Chubb. The speed, acceleration, agility, balance, power and ability to finish runs were breath taking. Special player.

Was going to say the same thing. The acceleration last night was eye opening. Again not sure how mason didnt use him more early in the season or why he only had 12 carries last night. Must be saving him for the NFL.......................................

Back
Top Bottom