7. Isaac Nauta / Georgia / 6'3", 244

8. Kaden Smith / Stanford / 6'5", 255

9. Dax Raymond / Utah St. / 6'5", 255

10. Alize Mack / Notre Dame / 6'4", 249

11. Keenen Brown / Texas St. / 6'2", 250

12. Caleb Wilson / UCLA / 6'4", 240

13. Zach Gentry / Michigan / 6'8", 265

Last edited:
Slimm, what do the stars mean by a players name? and why over the years do you randomly bold and attach a players picture? is there a meaning behind that? Thanks.

Slimm, what do the stars mean by a players name? and why over the years do you randomly bold and attach a players picture? is there a meaning behind that? Thanks.

The double stars just indicate the player is a Redshirt Sophomore as opposed to a true Junior....will be 3 years removed from high school and draft eligible.

Most Underrated: Cheyenne O'Grady, Mitchell Wilcox, Brycen Hopkins, Irv Smith Jr, T.J. Hockenson.

Most Overrated: Probably Caleb Wilson. Lacks the physicality that's prevalent in this group of underclassman.

I didn't realize Sternberger declared. He was one of the players who really jumped out at me in the bowl games. Talented and smart. Great awareness as a blocker. Much improved over one game I watched in midseason. Might need to toughen up a bit and also work on his routes. But quite a bit of upside.

I was very impressed by Hockenson. I bet Belichick has his name circled.

I think more likely Belichick has Kahale Warring's name circled.

I'd be interested in knowing what you all would consider to be Warring's weaknesses.

The player I'm seeing belongs in the conversation with T.J. Hockenson and Noah Fant. He reminds me quite a bit of how I regarded Travis Kelce when he came out of Cincinnati.

Last edited:
I don't see any weaknesses. I think he's probably my #2 in-line TE in this class. Top notch talent.

Good to know.

I suppose he isn't fully there yet as a blocker. San Diego State certainly seemed more comfortable with Parker Houston in that role, and Houston is a bit more of a dog that way. Maybe even a little bit more maneuverable in short spaces.

But I think the way a guy moves, the way he's structured, the way he sits his butt down, that can all tell you a lot about a player's potential. I think Warring is really cut well for it.

He's so young in football years. Only started playing in 2014. He played everything but football; basketball, tennis, swimming, cross country, and was the water polo goalie for three years. Someone convinced him to play football his senior year in high school and he did well enough to get a walk-on offer from San Diego State. He still didn't even know anything about football at that point, had never been in the weight room, etc.

He's packed on 40 pounds in 4 years at SDSU. Just look at the way this dude is built. Yeesh.

That's what you're looking for at the position.

If that guy isn't coming off the board by the end of Day 2 then I give up.

All the talk of these tight ends makes me sad that we probably won't pick a single one.

ck have you heard any rumblings if we still might be in the market to draft one?

All the talk of these tight ends makes me sad that we probably won't pick a single one.

ck have you heard any rumblings if we still might be in the market to draft one?

Nope. Although the Dolphins have spent some time with Kahale Warring and I think they understand what he could be. They're going to keep an eye on him.

He's a completely different player than Hockenson.

Knox lined up in the backfield as more of an H-back or split out wide as receiver. He'll slide his feet and get set as a blocker, and has freakish athleticism and speed. Significant upside and he'll be a better pro than he was a college player. More of a Dallas Clark type.

Hockenson lines up in-line and buries people as a blocker. Not satisfied until they're looking over their shoulder at the grass. Different type of player.

Back
Top Bottom