Slimm's 2019 Wide Receivers (seniors) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Slimm's 2019 Wide Receivers (seniors)

Speaking of UMass, Andy Isabella is more dynamic than he's given credit. 4.39 40 coming out of high school, and - as a converted RB - he's really tough with the ball in his hands. Think he'll have one of the best careers of this WR class.

Absolutely. Agreed looks as if he was born to be a Patriot.

And I don't think it necessarily has to be from the slot either. I think he's able to create enough separation for himself to play on the outside in a variety of offensive systems.

Parris Campbell has the best RAC skills in this class. The issue is, he doesn't really run any routes. Everything he does is from the slot, and either on a bubble screen or shallow crosser. But once he gets that football in his hands - he's fixing to show out.

The question is whether or not he can run routes vertically, or track a football in the air downfield looking over his shoulder? Does he understand how to read a DB's leverage or how to set up a DB? The answer is, you bet on the RAC skills and develop the rest. His hands are consistent, and has the unique ability to glide through the catch full speed without a hitch. He's almost like a bigger version of Percy Harvin in Urban Meyer's offense.

Most Underrated: It's always hard to pick just one guy, but I'll say Kelvin McKnight because nobody knows who he is playing for Samford. Go watch what he did to Florida St., Georgia, etc.

Most Overrated: Probably Nyqwan Murray.

Devlin Hodges had a great day against Florida State but...that WR Kelvin McKnight is a legit NFL player. There's so much nuance to his game, in addition to the obvious package of being fast, quick, with really good hands.

Emanuel Hall is almost a 6'3" version of Calvin Ridley the way he uses footwork and jab steps to release. Outstanding route runner. He's always open.

He was outstanding again today. Looks like what we thought we were getting in Davonte Parker, this kid's gonna be a great pick up for someone.

Emanuel Hall is almost a 6'3" version of Calvin Ridley the way he uses footwork and jab steps to release. Outstanding route runner. He's always open.

It really sucks that he missed the meat of the schedule with the injury (almost all of the UGA game, Alabama, Kentucky), but I think he's done enough, particularly when you consider his physical talent (coming out of high school, 6'2 191 4.51 40, 40" vert), that I'll probably have him in the top-5 WR's in this class. I expect him to run in the 4.4's if not better, and as your comp suggests, he's very fluid. When you have a legit deep threat with that kind of versatility, and room to grow, even if he doesn't develop into a star, he's the kind of WR that will fit into to any system.

In the seven games Emanuel Hall played, Missouri never lost, and Drew Lock threw 20 TD's to 3 INT's. In the five games he missed, Missouri went 1-4, and Drew Lock threw 5 TD's and 5 INT's - with a 4 TD 0 INT game vs Memphis keeping it from looking even worse.

Speaking of UMass, Andy Isabella is more dynamic than he's given credit. 4.39 40 coming out of high school, and - as a converted RB - he's really tough with the ball in his hands. Think he'll have one of the best careers of this WR class.

I had no idea we were talking about this guy already. I saw him a few weeks ago when I attended Connecticut vs. Massachusetts in the middle of a sideways Nor'easter.

Looked like easily the best player out there, even though the weather conditions kept both teams close to the vest with not much passing.

Isabella had a very long touchdown catch called back by a penalty but then followed it up with a touchdown catch of maybe 40 yards. He was open several other times but the ball never arrived due to the conditions.

Really keeps his legs moving and has clever quick moves also. Disguises the immediate change of direction by looking elsewhere.

Superior to recent similar players like Switzer and Berrios.

I had no idea we were talking about this guy already. I saw him a few weeks ago when I attended Connecticut vs. Massachusetts in the middle of a sideways Nor'easter.

Looked like easily the best player out there, even though the weather conditions kept both teams close to the vest with not much passing.

Isabella had a very long touchdown catch called back by a penalty but then followed it up with a touchdown catch of maybe 40 yards. He was open several other times but the ball never arrived due to the conditions.

Really keeps his legs moving and has clever quick moves also. Disguises the immediate change of direction by looking elsewhere.

Superior to recent similar players like Switzer and Berrios.

He's a lot faster and better with the ball in his hands than the typical "next Wes Welker." I've seen Julian Edelman comps a lot, but he's faster than him, too, and a better deep threat. To me, he's somewhere between an Edelman and a Brandin Cooks.

He's a lot faster and better with the ball in his hands than the typical "next Wes Welker." I've seen Julian Edelman comps a lot, but he's faster than him, too, and a better deep threat. To me, he's somewhere between an Edelman and a Brandin Cooks.

Really good player. Most of his damage in the Georgia game came against backups and 3rd stringers when the game had already been decided, (75 yards and a TD on a flea flicker) but it's still SEC caliber backups and 3rd stringers.

Tslimm,
Im curious why you have David Sills so low. he seems to have it all. Great size and speed, hands etc. What is he missing in your opinion to keep him 11th sr wr?

Tslimm,
Im curious why you have David Sills so low. he seems to have it all. Great size and speed, hands etc. What is he missing in your opinion to keep him 11th sr wr?

Well, he gets a lot of free releases in the Big-12. When he doesn't get free releases immediately at the LOS, he can get ridden in his route stems. Tends to let the ball get into his body too much over the middle. Needs to be more of a hands catcher. His route tree is limited by all the RPO's.

I just have some questions about his ability to beat press coverage and create separation that I don't have about the guys in front of him here. I'd like to see him be more of a hands catcher and adjust better to off target throws. I need to see him get on a DB's toes quickly - eat up the cushion in a hurry and force him to open up. It'll be important for him in an All-Star setting to demonstrate this in my opinion. I can see it on film with the guys above him.

Back
Top Bottom