Small compliment from Shawn Springs..... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Small compliment from Shawn Springs.....

Bodzilla29

The Shiznit
Reaction score
from an article on profootballweekly.com shawn springs had this small blurb that should interest a few people:

“That’s what I realized in the league: It’s all about the system you’re in,†Springs said. “… If you’re an offensive player, everybody knows you want to play for Shanahan or Mariucci. If you’re a cornerback, you want to play for Belichick or those boys from Miami, because all they run is stuff to get you picks.â€Â

not much, but lets you know how players, more importantly corners, perceive the dolphins.....

I disagree.. Miami's defense is not really CB friendly.. I don't understand why he see's it that way.. The reason Miami would be a good choice for CB's to join is because of Jason Taylor and the Miami pass rush.. If a CB wanted to go to a team where they could get their INT stats, they should go to the Patriots, Buccs, Eagles or Steelers.. Reason being is that their defensive schemes call for stunts upfront and blitzing creating disruption on a QB's comfort in the pocket.. Miami plays it simple and only rushes 4 at the QB.. Miami is probably the worst place for a decent CB to play for.. In order for a CB to flourish in Miami's defense, he has to be a damn good CB.. Put any CB from Tampa into Miami's defense, and they would get burnt every play.. Sure, Springs is a good bump and run CB, but from the sound of it, he made it seem as if though any CB would flourish with Miami when the opposite is true..
Not exactly sure about the reasoning behind Springs comment, but maybe thats why I'm only a fan and not a player..

Is it a Complliment?? Or is it a knock on Madison and Surtain??:confused:

HURRAH:drinker:

Last edited by a moderator:
umm im pretty sure its not a knock on madison and surtain. how could springs talk trash?

Springs is a good CB.. By the way I read the quote, sounds like he's saying MAdison and Surtain are getting their INT's just because they are in Miami.. He Said "You want to play for Belichick or those boys from Miami, because all they run is stuff to get you picks.â€Â

I didn't know Jim Bates was that creative..

This sounds like a job for DOLFANMIKE.

It's not a knock at all. He's saying that the scheme sets you up to succeed. It's a compliment.

Originally posted by Muck
This sounds like a job for DOLFANMIKE.

It's not a knock at all. He's saying that the scheme sets you up to succeed. It's a compliment.

Miami's scheme is CB friendly?? CB friendly schemes are zone defenses.. Miami's defensive scheme is rough on CB's and put them on an island and leave lots of responsibility for them to not get beat.. Bump and Run defense are the toughest for any CB to play.. How does Miami's defensive scheme set up CB's to succeed?? They have their backs to the QB all the time.. If anything, this is a Safety friendly scheme.. They are just ball hawks roaming the deep middle..

Originally posted by RUDEbyallMEANS

Miami's scheme is CB friendly?? CB friendly schemes are zone defenses.. Miami's defensive scheme is rough on CB's and put them on an island and leave lots of responsibility for them to not get beat.. Bump and Run defense are the toughest for any CB to play.. How does Miami's defensive scheme set up CB's to succeed?? They have their backs to the QB all the time.. If anything, this is a Safety friendly scheme.. They are just ball hawks roaming the deep middle..

Miami also has one of the best Cb coaches in the NFL! he makes good corners better.

So what our CBs succeed here so that is what he is complimenting. He didn't go in depth with his thought.

I also wouldn't call our pass rush consistent since we only do rush the defensive line. We never seem to have that consistent pressure that keeps the QB weary. At most teams just have to scheme for J.T. There have been plenty of games where I thought the QB had far too much time to make his throws.

I myself believe it was a knock on MAdison and Surtain.. Madison complained about the Defensive Scheme not being creative enough for him to make plays or Surtain... Since when was Bates scheme good?? Wasn't there a full thread about his scheme having to change?? When MAdison and Surtain get INt's it's because they did a superb job of covering their guy, not because of their scheme.. INT's the Bucc's CB's get ar from the scheme... It was a KNOCK in my OPINION

In Tampa, you can throw outs all day long and complete them. In Miami, every pass is contested. In our scheme, you've got to have great press corners. And if you're a great press corner like Shawn Springs, you want to go somewhere like Miami.

Also, I think DOLFANMIKE set us straight on the scheme.

it was a total compliment....look at his next line from the interview....

“That’s what I realized in the league: It’s all about the system you’re in,†Springs said. “… If you’re an offensive player, everybody knows you want to play for Shanahan or Mariucci. If you’re a cornerback, you want to play for Belichick or those boys from Miami, because all they run is stuff to get you picks.â€Â

“And that’s the same way with Ray. You know in his defense, even if you’re decent, he’s going to put you in position. You just have to make the play.â€Â

this was in NO WAY a knock on miami......sounds like he loves the style we play....and he would fit it to a tee....

Didn't say it was a knock on Miami.... Sounded like a knock on Madison and Surtain to me..

Talk about "Improving you analytical skills".. Try being able to read my post.. I said it was a knock on Madison and Surtain...

Back
Top Bottom