Smiley? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Smiley?

TheBostonBomber

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Who on this board would be upset if we picked smiley with the 20th?

Who would be upset if we passed on andrews to draft smiley?

I wouldn't be upset if this happened, i like them both ALOT.

We can plug in St. Clair until TOSH is ready.

I like Smiley, but he is a stretch at 20 . . . and I think most people would say that. There will be too much talent at other positions to go with a true guard that early. We could move down and add a pick or two and take him. The last thing I want to do on Saturday is have deja vu of last year when the Phins selected Eddie Moore and then were ridiculed for the next hour for picking such a "stretch" player with our first pick.

RUDEbyallMEANS said:
I don't think Miami is marking guard as top need necessarily.

RT is more important.

I hope Miami trades down.

The way the news is shaping up with Andrews trading back might be the right way to go. There are some quality OL available later in the draft and if we could gain another top 75 pick we could grab a couple players that will help us.

Makes you wonder if they consider the rumored Philadelphia offer of the 28th pick and John Welbourn for the 20th pick.

At 28, they could still possibly get Michael Jenkins. He might go before then, and if so, they could still consider Rashaun Woods.

I like Smiley and if indeed he's a reach, he's a small reach. We need this high character stud O-Lineman in a big way. Plug him in at right guard and a big problem is solved and the O-Line starts to take shape in a young, athletic way. Why go wideout in round one when we just acquired superstar potential in David Boston.

I like the Welbourn and pick 28 senario where we could get a Jenkins or Evans or someone.
But I feel we should take Andrews over Smiley if we have the option, a monster like Andrews would fit perfectly with the type of offense we are trying to run.

The only thing that seperates Smiley from Andrews is the position they play....If Smiley is as good a guard as there is in the draft....but teams don't value guards like they do tackles...IMO, Smiley is a better fit in Miami because of his pulling ability and athleticism. Andrews has questions with weight, motivation, and injuries. Smiley weakness is his upper body strength...my money would be on Smiley....

If we don't take Smiley at 20 then NE will take him at 21.

Ozzy rules!!

If Smiley is their guy, trading down is the way to go.

They can't trade down and still get Smiley. NE will take him at 21 if we don't take him at 20.

Ozzy rules!!

Danny said:
They can't trade down and still get Smiley. NE will take him at 21 if we don't take him at 20.

Ozzy rules!!

What leads you to say that? I haven't seen any mocks with NE taking Smiley at 21.

This is the "only question" that needs to be answered....

Do we want to fix the OL or not??....It's that simple IMO.

If we do, take the best OLman available at #20. Whoever it may be, it doesn't matter....

If not, take a WR / Defensive player / or trade down. In the process, passing on an OLman you can use, and need so another team can grab him...

If fans are truly worried about getting their "value", they can go shop at Walmart for all I care. The draft is about adding the best talent you can get when you can get it, not getting "value" for your pick. Value means nothing on draft day IMO....

You want a solid OL???....You take a solid player. Smiley is a very solid player. If Andrews is gone, and we pass on Smiley or Carey as well, forget about our OL looking any stronger in 2004...

OL OR BUST!!!

PHINZ RULE!!! :evil:

Back
Top Bottom