Smith Wasn't Top Choice | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Smith Wasn't Top Choice

My eyes must be messing up tonight, it looked like it said Saban wasn't top choice.

Nublar7 said:
Now we know that is not true. :wink:

:lol: Yeah. I was reading the article and I said to myself, this doesn't make sense. It's not about Saban it's about Smith. Then I came back to your post and realized it was suppose to be about Smith.

Nublar7 said:
http://www.finheaven.com/news/2224/

Most of us already knew he wasn't the top choice, but this tells a little on how he got the job.

Link in the story goes to Mercury paper because the Sentinel has not yet posted it.

Thanks Nub, but this was also coverd in the coaches interviews over on NFL.com. I love what Smith had to say, he was asked, interviewer: "when the job became avalible were you interested"? Smith:...SURE!! I didn't get it right away ofcourse, Saban went through a process with every coaching candidate. Very thorough, I was excited to come here for my family to get out of the cold in Detroit down to the warm wheather in Miami and it gives me the chance to coach under a D-minded coach. Mooch and Shanahan were both O minded coaches and good ones at that, but it's nice coaching with a D-minded HC". Not "verbatim" mind you, but close.

feelthepain said:
Thanks Nub, but this was also coverd in the coaches interviews over on NFL.com. I love what Smith had to say, he was asked, interviewer: "when the job became avalible were you interested"? Smith:...SURE!! I didn't get it right away ofcourse, Saban went through a process with every coaching candidate. Very thorough, I was excited to come here for my family to get out of the cold in Detroit down to the warm wheather in Miami and it gives me the chance to coach under a D-minded coach. Mooch and Shanahan were both O minded coaches and good ones at that, but it's nice coaching with a D-minded HC". Not "verbatim" mind you, but close.
Yeah, but some people don't have Real Player.

We pretty much knew we offered the job to Mangini. Did we offer it to Grantham too?

Back
Top Bottom