SN Best Players Available | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

SN Best Players Available

RUDEbyallMEANS

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
According to Sporting News, these are the best players available and since Miami drafts #6 tomorrow, I'll name the top 10...

Will Poole, USC
Isaac Sopoaga, Hawaii
Kelly Butler, Purdue
DE Isaac Hilton, Hampton
OT Nat Dorsey, Georgia Tech
JAson Shivers, Arizona St.
Johnnie Morant, Syracuse
Will Allen, Ohio State
Demorrio Williams, Nebraska
Mewelde Moore, Tulane

Miami will be able to get one of these int he 4th round. Dorsey and Butler might be unlikely since the only pick Miami has right now is an OT.

Shivers, Will Allen, Demorrio or Sopoaga seem to me as Miami's pick.

Mewelde is very interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like to see MIA pick up Stacy Andrews in the 6th round...a project, but just as athletic as his brother, but without the weight and back issues...

Demorrio Williams or Sopoaga will be the best value for our needs. If we go safety, I like Shivers. The good news is there are some good players left for us. We can only wonder who the FO has at the top of their board.

To put the Sporting News "Super 99" ranking in perspective..

26 of the players ranked in the top 99 in Sporting News were not drafted on Day 1.

Take what you will out of that.

I wouldn't discount Poole either. Like I said in another thread, he's clearly the best player available. He gives us another lock down man2man corner(not a zone CB like Fletch) on the roster to have under contract for the next 4 years, at which time either Madison &/or Surtain will be gone.

SMadison29 said:
I wouldn't discount Poole either. Like I said in another thread, he's clearly the best player available. He gives us another lock down man2man corner(not a zone CB like Fletch) on the roster to have under contract for the next 4 years, at which time either Madison &/or Surtain will be gone.

Yes.. Sporting NEws has Will Poole as the 37th best player in the draft. He's going to be available in the 4th. Pretty amazing considering there were many secondary players taken already.

He won't be there when Miami picks though. One of the top 5 teams tomorrow will take him with their picks

hard to believe that Askew's not on that list of 10 and neither is Sam.

Ozzy rules!!

Texas DB Nathan Vasher. Made All-Big 12 first team twice -- as a SS as a sophomore and as a CB as a senior. Also a game-changing punt returner.

Back
Top Bottom