Snakeoil Seller's Mock Draft 2.0 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Snakeoil Seller's Mock Draft 2.0

SnakeoilSeller

Scout Team
Reaction score
Mock Draft 2.0

Round 1 (#25) Sean Smith, CB, Utah. Height 6-4. Weight 215lbs.

Smith has the size the Big Tuna looks for at corner, he was one of the best corners in the country and only played the position 2 years in college. The sky is the limit for this kid. Came out early, had 5 int’s last season, led the Mountain West Conference, had a whopping 151 interception return yards. (I still think there is a big chance for the FINS trade down a few spots and still get Smith. I really think it will come down to who Philly picks with their first pick.)

previous pick Duke Robinson, G Oklahoma.

Round 2 (#44) Brian Robiskie, WR, Ohio State. Height 6-3. Weight 209lbs.

The big body receiver the Fins need starts the second round. Robiskie has been moving up draft boards after his impressive times at the combine. Though his Senior year stats slipped, he has all the intangibles NFL scouts love. He has good, if not great hands, great height, long arms and is not afraid to go across the middle. He will have an immediate impact on the Fins as a rookie,

previous pick Louis Delmas, Safety, Western Michigan

Round 2 (#56) Eric Wood, C, Louisville. Height 6-4. Weight 305lbs.

Big, nasty and pushed around B.J Raji in the Senior Bowl. Smart player, Can make all of the O-line calls. 49 consecutive starts in college. Surprising pick for many with the signing of Grove, allows the Trifecta to trade Satele on draft day(probably for a 4th round pick) Wood can also play guard, they like players that can play multiple positions.

Round 3 (#87) David Bruton, Safety, Notre Dame. Height 6-2. Weight 219lbs.
Bruton has the size and speed to make an immediate impact on Special Teams in the NFL as he develops into a full time starter. Was a team captain for the Fighting Irish & a special teams ace. He became a starter in 2007, he had 85 tackles (4.5 of those for loss) and 3 int’s. He added to those totals in 2008 with 97 tackles, 4 int’s, and 2 forced fumbles.

previous pick Joel Bell, OT, Furman.

Round 4 (#122) Frantz Joseph, ILB, Florida Atlantic. Height 6-1. Weight 242lbs.
Joseph seems to be the type of player that doesn’t look good at the combine, but looks great where it counts. . . on the field. He had an incredible 154 tackles in 2008 with 84 of those being solo tackles. He had 137 tackles in 2007.

previous pick Joe Burnett, CB, Central Florida.

Round 5 (# 153) Joel Bell, OT. Furman Height 6-7. Weight 315lbs.

Big mammoth dude, who can put on more weight. 3 Year starter at left Tackle for Furman, though he may be better suited for the right side in the NFL. All Southern Conference all three years as a starter. He adds line depth at the Tackle position for the Fins, which is badly needed.

previous pick Jasper Brinkley, ILB, South Carolina

Round 7 (#196) Terrance Knighton, DT (NT) Temple. Height 6-3. Weight 321lbs.
Former Owls Team Captain (one of the qualities the Trifecta looks for) will be the replacement for Ferguson down the road. Finished the season with 54 tackles, including 35 solos, five break-ups, a team-best three fumble recoveries, a hurry, and blocked kick, and a sack. He blocked 4 kicks in his college career.

previous pick Brandon Tate, WR, North Carolina

Round 7(#220) Mike Teel, QB, Rutgers. Height 6-3. Weight 230lbs.
Tuna goes back to NJ for his final pick. He struggled in the beginning of his Senior year, but bounced back strong in the second half throwing 22 TD’s in his last 6 games. Third string, developmental QB at best.

previous pick Russell Allen, OLB, San Diego State.

*A couple of assumptions / predictions. I Assumed the pick we traded to Jacksonville for Tony Mcdaniel was our pick in the 7th round, # 215. In my first mock draft I said that it was impossible to factor in possible trades, still is, however I will say that I think we trade Samson Satele for a 4th round pick, John Beck for a 6th Round pick and by the end of Draft Day Cowboys OLB Bobby Carpenter is a Fin.

Not good.
we get a solid CB,
a 3-4th WR (we dont have any of those lying around)
a back up C, a STer,
Joseph is a good pick,
Bad oline Depth,
and a bunch a wastes.
Dont like it one bit.

Taking Sean Smith at 25 may be too early for him, taking Robiskie at 44 would be possible but he may be gone before that....taking ANY center with the late 2nd round pick over a player who can play RT and guard would be a serious mistake...the Dolphins have more need to acquire a player that can play RT and guard than another center.

Not good.
we get a solid CB,
a 3-4th WR (we dont have any of those lying around)
a back up C, a STer,
Joseph is a good pick,
Bad oline Depth,
and a bunch a wastes.
Dont like it one bit.

Now that Satele is gone, how does that Center who can start at guard look to you now?

Personally I think Robiskie will end up being one of the more productive WR's in the pro's out of this draft class.

My biggest issue with your draft is that you do not address our pass rush at all. We end up with a bunch of back ups and only two maybe three starters in Smith, Robiskie and eventually Joesph. We need a pass rushing OLB and this FO will not pass one up, I agree with the Center pick just not that early. We could always use depth at Safety but since there's nobody behind our OT's shouldn't that get higher priority then Safety, Center and QB.

Mock Draft 2.0

Round 1 (#25) Sean Smith, CB, Utah. Height 6-4. Weight 215lbs.

Smith has the size the Big Tuna looks for at corner, he was one of the best corners in the country and only played the position 2 years in college. The sky is the limit for this kid. Came out early, had 5 int’s last season, led the Mountain West Conference, had a whopping 151 interception return yards. (I still think there is a big chance for the FINS trade down a few spots and still get Smith. I really think it will come down to who Philly picks with their first pick.)

previous pick Duke Robinson, G Oklahoma.

Round 2 (#44) Brian Robiskie, WR, Ohio State. Height 6-3. Weight 209lbs.

The big body receiver the Fins need starts the second round. Robiskie has been moving up draft boards after his impressive times at the combine. Though his Senior year stats slipped, he has all the intangibles NFL scouts love. He has good, if not great hands, great height, long arms and is not afraid to go across the middle. He will have an immediate impact on the Fins as a rookie,

previous pick Louis Delmas, Safety, Western Michigan

Round 2 (#56) Eric Wood, C, Louisville. Height 6-4. Weight 305lbs.

Big, nasty and pushed around B.J Raji in the Senior Bowl. Smart player, Can make all of the O-line calls. 49 consecutive starts in college. Surprising pick for many with the signing of Grove, allows the Trifecta to trade Satele on draft day(probably for a 4th round pick) Wood can also play guard, they like players that can play multiple positions.

Round 3 (#87) David Bruton, Safety, Notre Dame. Height 6-2. Weight 219lbs.
Bruton has the size and speed to make an immediate impact on Special Teams in the NFL as he develops into a full time starter. Was a team captain for the Fighting Irish & a special teams ace. He became a starter in 2007, he had 85 tackles (4.5 of those for loss) and 3 int’s. He added to those totals in 2008 with 97 tackles, 4 int’s, and 2 forced fumbles.

previous pick Joel Bell, OT, Furman.

Round 4 (#122) Frantz Joseph, ILB, Florida Atlantic. Height 6-1. Weight 242lbs.
Joseph seems to be the type of player that doesn’t look good at the combine, but looks great where it counts. . . on the field. He had an incredible 154 tackles in 2008 with 84 of those being solo tackles. He had 137 tackles in 2007.

previous pick Joe Burnett, CB, Central Florida.

Round 5 (# 153) Joel Bell, OT. Furman Height 6-7. Weight 315lbs.

Big mammoth dude, who can put on more weight. 3 Year starter at left Tackle for Furman, though he may be better suited for the right side in the NFL. All Southern Conference all three years as a starter. He adds line depth at the Tackle position for the Fins, which is badly needed.

previous pick Jasper Brinkley, ILB, South Carolina

Round 7 (#196) Terrance Knighton, DT (NT) Temple. Height 6-3. Weight 321lbs.
Former Owls Team Captain (one of the qualities the Trifecta looks for) will be the replacement for Ferguson down the road. Finished the season with 54 tackles, including 35 solos, five break-ups, a team-best three fumble recoveries, a hurry, and blocked kick, and a sack. He blocked 4 kicks in his college career.

previous pick Brandon Tate, WR, North Carolina

Round 7(#220) Mike Teel, QB, Rutgers. Height 6-3. Weight 230lbs.
Tuna goes back to NJ for his final pick. He struggled in the beginning of his Senior year, but bounced back strong in the second half throwing 22 TD’s in his last 6 games. Third string, developmental QB at best.

previous pick Russell Allen, OLB, San Diego State.

*A couple of assumptions / predictions. I Assumed the pick we traded to Jacksonville for Tony Mcdaniel was our pick in the 7th round, # 215. In my first mock draft I said that it was impossible to factor in possible trades, still is, however I will say that I think we trade Samson Satele for a 4th round pick, John Beck for a 6th Round pick and by the end of Draft Day Cowboys OLB Bobby Carpenter is a Fin.

I dont like the exclusion of an OLB. I know that you said we pick up Carpenter, but to my knowlegde Carpenter is an inside Linebacker which will not help our pass rush. I presume you may have high hopes for Wake in that case, but Porter slowing down at the end of last season is another reason why OLB must be addressed early.

I could live with Robiskie and Smith being picked, but not as high as you have them. I think you could get them a pick later. Good call on the centre and Wood would be a nice addition. Im not sure about a Safety being picked that high put I do understand the need for depth at that position. The Joseph Bell and Knighton picks I like.

I dont like the exclusion of an OLB. I know that you said we pick up Carpenter, but to my knowlegde Carpenter is an inside Linebacker which will not help our pass rush. I presume you may have high hopes for Wake in that case, but Porter slowing down at the end of last season is another reason why OLB must be addressed early.

I could live with Robiskie and Smith being picked, but not as high as you have them. I think you could get them a pick later. Good call on the centre and Wood would be a nice addition. Im not sure about a Safety being picked that high put I do understand the need for depth at that position. The Joseph Bell and Knighton picks I like.

Yeah, I am in the minority with the need for another OLB. I just think we have more pressing issues with CB and depth. I feel like Wake is as good as a draft pick.

Back
Top Bottom