Snow in denver sunday | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Snow in denver sunday

I don't care how many YARDS Ricky gets. If he has 25 carries or more, the Dolphins will win. It's all about TOP.

I hate to say this but Ricky must get going on all cylinders this week again.

We have a team that plays very well in a primetime spotlight. I don't believe we've lost a Sunday Night game in the last 2 years, and we walloped the Colts 41-6 on Monday Night Football last year. Our only recent night loss that I can remember is that Monday Night Miracle against the Jets...where our Lamar Smith-Leslie Shephard-Jay Fiedler trio actually managed to put up 37 points but Jerry Wilson gave up the game as our nickel CB.

Our offense becomes electric at night. Our defense USUALLY does with the exception of against the Jets...

At first I pretty much chalked up the game as a loss, being realistic because the teams are so even and the Broncos are at home. But I had forgotten that it was going to be in front of a primetime audience at night, and in my opinion this clearly favors us. I am now prepared to pick us to win. If it was a 1pm or 4pm game, I'm sure we'd lose.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
where our Lamar Smith-Leslie Shephard-Jay Fiedler trio actually managed to put up 37 points but Jerry Wilson gave up the game as our nickel CB.

Whew what an offense :lol:

accustomed?

Originally posted by HitEmColdGold

Denver always has a sellout crowd and is accustomed to playing in big games on National Televison. The differencce is the Broncos were embarrased on Monday Night Football in front of national coverage and they won't let that be the case again.

Williams 14 for 43 rushing, 3 for 23 recieving and lets not forget that ever crucial fumble. Back to hiding in the closet during the week and underachieving on Sundays.

Broncos dismal offense manges 23 points to win by 9.

Now isn't that arrogance again? what big games on National TV are you accustomed to? No more amd no less then any other team.....

Ricky may only rush for 43 yards on Sunday, but I seriously doubt it will be on 14 carries.

WTF is snow?

Originally posted by ronnie_augs
I've been hearing that it will be snowing sunday at mile high. Can someone confirm this? If so how do think the dolphins are when it comes to the snow.

Snow? uhmmm...what snow? the snorting stuff? They have that in Denver too?

Anyways...the snow thing is so overhyped anyways..Tell me one player on our roster who has never played ore practiced in snow....Minor was at FSU but dattabout it...

It is harder to play in humidity and heat....against snow and cold you can put warm cloths on..change ya shoes for snow....but what ya gonna do in heat and humidity?....play naked? shoot can you see the OL and DL playing ball naked....????? Its like sumo wrestling....

People use to use...

... the snow or cold weather excuse when the Dolphins didn't have a good rushing attack. The reason they lost those games in the cold weather had nothing to do with the team not being able to play in the cold weather, it had everything to do with them not being able to run, and not being able to run at anytime during the season.

Oliver...

Originally posted by FFiB

Snow? uhmmm...what snow? the snorting stuff? They have that in Denver too?

Anyways...the snow thing is so overhyped anyways..Tell me one player on our roster who has never played ore practiced in snow....Minor was at FSU but dattabout it...

It is harder to play in humidity and heat....against snow and cold you can put warm cloths on..change ya shoes for snow....but what ya gonna do in heat and humidity?....play naked? shoot can you see the OL and DL playing ball naked....????? Its like sumo wrestling....

We play two Monday night games every year, and at least one Sunday night game. We have played further than one round into the playoffs in the last TEN years, all those games are big. It is no coincidence that Denver and Oakland play the 500th Monday Night Game on 11/11.

I wasn't being arrogant, just replying to the post stating that the "Big Game Atmosphere" would negatively effect the Broncos.

I think the Dolphins have a solid team. They boast the best DB tandem in the league. I also think they are putting to much stock in the success of their "premier" running back. The Denver rush defense should be able to handle Ricky Williams. He is no more dangerous than Thomlison. The key to beating Denver is throught he air, and I will admit they are very succeptible to that type of attack. The Db's are decent and the pass rush is sometimes non existant. I look for this to be a very good game, of course my biast and the home field advantage persuade me to pick Denver and the under.

Originally posted by HitEmColdGold
I also think they are putting to much stock in the success of their "premier" running back.

I Sincerely hope that everyone thinks the same way you do... not just in this game, but all season long...

Griese, Portis, Anderson, Smith, Sharpe, McCaffrey,
and the NoName D...
The most powerful force known to the NFL

I wouldn't be to quick to dismiss the weather factor. Weather can make a big difference, though bad weather usually helps the weaker team.

Nonetheless, don't the Bucs have a streak going where they have never won when it is below freezing at game time.

I still remember those snow games up in Buffalo when our team looked like they had so many layers on they couldn't move.

Personally, I'm glad the game is being played now, before it gets really cold in Denver.

ahem water,

i think the no name defense moniker has already been used once before, you need to try something original. but thanks for the flattery. they say that's what imitation is... so thanks for that.

go dolphins.

Back
Top Bottom