So are we done in free agency? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

So are we done in free agency?

Bess also lines up just as much out wide as in the slot. He does damage all over the field. Besides the TE position I am more than content with our current depth chart. Orton deal is dead and I like Bulger, but I dont see him as Pennington2011, sadly.

You forgot to list Matt Moore on the list of signed FA's. Just kidding. It's a tricky thing. Everyone says that you shouldn't jump in and overpay for all these early tier 1 FA's and just wait until the market calms down. Or you just ignore it all and draft/develop your own talent. Problem with those two school of thoughts: tier 2 FA's are just that, medium level talent and they don't really ever pan out more than just roster spots and don't do all that much for you. And the other option, drafting/developing your own guys . . . . that sounds good, but other than first round players (and even those are not locks) those are a crap-shoot at best. So if we just sit tight and don't do much the next couple weeks, I'm guessing that's a signal that we are going down path #2 which means it's probably going to be a LONG couple years!

We have a good number 2 in Hartline. Iff Hartline doesn't get hurt hes close to a 1000 yard season.. Nd it doesn't matter how fast your number 2 is, is your QB cant hit him on a deep route. How many times did we see Henne over throw Hartline on a deep ball, throw a piss poor backdoor pass to Marshall..Ive seen him throw better passes to Patriot linebackers than to our players.

We have a good number 2 in Hartline. Iff Hartline doesn't get hurt hes close to a 1000 yard season.. Nd it doesn't matter how fast your number 2 is, is your QB cant hit him on a deep route. How many times did we see Henne over throw Hartline on a deep ball, throw a piss poor backdoor pass to Marshall..Ive seen him throw better passes to Patriot linebackers than to our players.

I agree. Hartline wasn't the problem. Henne could never hit him when he was open deep, which was quite a lot.

It seems like we picked up Burnett and Bush, patted ourselves on the back, and called it a day. Don't we still need a strong safety, a legitimate #2 receiver, and a TE?

Dude, free agency just started on friday. There are still plenty of moves that need to be made and will be made.

We are fine at WR. We have 3 starters, and 3 reserves plus Bush.

Back
Top Bottom