So Dave Wannstedt is doing the play by play for the UM-FAU game tonight . . . | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

So Dave Wannstedt is doing the play by play for the UM-FAU game tonight . . .

Kdawg954

My f*ck ups be the perfect mistakes
Club Member
Reaction score
And FAU has their backup QB in the game with under 3 minutes left on the clock in the first half on their own 20 yard line (mind you, kid has looked good up to this point). FAU tries to get aggressive and move the ball . . . . . and Dave Wannstedt goes "Oh man if it was me, I would go a little bit more conservative in this situation and try to run some clock so Miami doesn't have enough time"

jacknicholsonmiddlefinger-1.gif

Wannstedt calling plays to try and keep Miami from scoring is nothing new.

He's horrendous.

I'm sitting here wishing I would have gone to the game. Would have been worth it simply to not hVe to listen to him. He's absolutely as dreadful a commentator as he is a coach.

**** him.

What a journey for this man. He was a pretty good DC. Now he is doing radio. He must be burned out from interviewing for coaches positions.

What a journey for this man. He was a pretty good DC. Now he is doing radio. He must be burned out from interviewing for coaches positions.

He's been passed around the NFL like a 2 cent whore. Probably because he sucks at everything and always has.

I'm not filled with hate for Wanny like some of you. He's now 63 years old and he still loves the game.
He's had a pretty remarkable career over 40 years in college and the NFL. See below:
As player:
Green Bay Packers (1974)*
* Offseason and/or practice squad member only
As coach:
Pittsburgh (1975–1978) (GA)
Oklahoma State (1979–1982) (DL)
USC (1983–1985) (DL)
Miami (FL) (1986–1988) (DC)
Dallas Cowboys (1989–1992) (DC)
Chicago Bears (1993–1998) (HC)
Miami Dolphins (1999–2004)
(1999) (AHC)
(2000–2004) (HC)
Pittsburgh (2005–2010) (HC)
Buffalo Bills (2011–2012)
(2011) (assistant HC/LB)
(2012) (Defensive coordinator)
Tampa Bay Buccaneers (2013) (ST)

Last edited by a moderator:
There seems to be a downward trajectory for our recent HCs:

Wanny .. failing at Pitt to Buffalo DC to Tampa Bay STC, to announcer
Saban... hightailing it back to college
Cameron... to Ravens OC , fired... to LSU OC
The Meatball: 1 and done as Jets OC, to Oakland OLC (to interim HC) presently tight ends coach SF (ironically the same position as Meatball Jr now has with Buffalo)

All of them were in over their heads and personified "The Peter Principle.".

At least Saban knew he was out of his league (literally) and where it was that he belonged.

Vanilla Dave strikes again

And FAU has their backup QB in the game with under 3 minutes left on the clock in the first half on their own 20 yard line (mind you, kid has looked good up to this point). FAU tries to get aggressive and move the ball . . . . . and Dave Wannstedt goes "Oh man if it was me, I would go a little bit more conservative in this situation and try to run some clock so Miami doesn't have enough time

What? No FG & fist pump!?

He's horrendous.

I'm sitting here wishing I would have gone to the game. Would have been worth it simply to not hVe to listen to him. He's absolutely as dreadful a commentator as he is a coach.

**** him.

Agree. He was horrible here (part of the onsite studio show) the previous week for Capt Comeback's college coaching debut.

I recall when Pitt gave him an extension after going 6-6 (Pitt was 8-4 previous yr); they said he had franchise going in right direction.

Back
Top Bottom