So Everyone Realizes DW Is Staying... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

So Everyone Realizes DW Is Staying...

Blitz

The Big Zonk
Reaction score
Everyone has finally realized that DW is staying, so now it seems a few want Fiedler's head on a plate instead.

Who wants to explain why Fiedler is staying in Miami?

For you Anti-Fiedler bashers, how about focusing on our situation at OLB, OL, WR, SS? We're going to try and upgrade those positions no doubt, and it is possible to upgrade our situation at those positions, unlike the QB position. Finally, we NEED to upgrade at these positions; we do NOT need to upgrade at the QB position.

LMAO, we do not need to upgrade our QB.....Dude, c'mon, now, may I have some of that crack you are smoking?

How can anyone say (with a straight face) that the Dolphins do not need a better QB!!! C'MON MAN, DENIAL IS NOT A RIVER IN EGYPT!!

We averaged 30 PPG from week one to week six (i.e., Fiedler's first stretch of starts).

For the season, we averaged 27.1 PPG when Fiedler was the starter.

2002 Regular Season
NFL Scoring Offense - Points/Game

1. Kansas City 29.2 PPG
2. Oakland 28.1 PPG
3. New Orleans 27.0 PPG
4. Philadelphia 25.9 PPG
5. Atlanta 25.1 PPG

If we had averaged 27.1 PPG all season long, we would have finished with the third most points scored in the NFL.

It seems to me we don't need an upgrade at QB. Fiedler does not need to go, he just needs to stay healthy.

We need a better backup QB, but we're fine with Fiedler as the starter.

Stats lie dude, how about 110 yds passing with the season on the line and the Pats putting 8 men in the box to stop Ricky? CHOKE!

You're citing one example. Yes, he only had 110 yards against the Patriots, but he averaged over 200 yards per game in 2002. That's over 3000 passing yards over 16 games. What you are doing is akin to a Packers fan saying "Favre must go. Why? He has thrown eight interceptions over his last two playoff games."

And if you think Fiedler choked against the Patriots, you must think Marino did NOTHING but choke. I mean, Marino never had the best supporting cast, and so he never won the big one. Likewise, Fiedler did not have the best supporting cast against the Patriots, so he did not fare well.

Ok Blitz, now I"m convinced, you are on CRACK and are begining to be a waste of my time. That last post had more holes in it then our Defense had when Marino played. Marino had a good supporting cast? LMAO, are u for real? He had no running game and a lousy D, Fiedler has Ricky and a good D. (not great)

To mention Fiedler in the same sentence as Favre is a travesty. Favre is a HOF and Fiedler is a mediocre journey man who shoud be someone's back up.

Originally posted by LeftCoastPhin
Marino had a good supporting cast

I said Marino NEVER had a good supporting cast. What, is crack distorting your vision? You're the one saying I'm on a crack!

To mention Fiedler in the same sentence as Favre is a travesty. Favre is a HOF and Fiedler is a mediocre journey man who shoud be someone's back up.

You need to learn how to think analytically. Of course Favre is a much better QB. It was a mere analogy.

Perhaps you should read all of my posts MORE CLOSELY.

If you want to talk about chokers... Jay is not that high on the list.
First would have to be Royals.. when ever we needed a good put he usually got about 10-15 yards.
Second the Defense.. how many times this year did the defense just give up? just totally stopped playing..
You could even say Mare choked there in OT by kicking it out of bounds.. c'mon.. the field is 50 yds wide... you can't keep it in there... there is no excuse for ever kicking a ball out of bounds.. ever... but why is nobody calling for Mare's head? because even though he missed alot of kicks this year.. when it came down to it and we needed a field goal for a win or tie.. most of the time he hits it... and people just over look all the times he misses... why is there no calls for his head? he is making alot of money..
So I tell you.. Fielder has came through in the clutch a few times.. he has made the plays when we needed them.. you can say well he usually puts us in the hole to begin with... true, sometimes he does... but how many times did Mare have to hit the game winning field goal cause he missed one earlier in the game?

This is what is comes down to.. Fiedler can be replaced.. we could spend lots of $$ and bring in a Franchise QB... then what would we have? we would have a Franchise QB and RB... and a oline deteriating, one good wr.. and a defense that has some holes...
we would probably look alot like the colts... and since they are always winning SB's that is exactly what we should do...

No, on second thought.. maybe we should keep our average QB and start filling some of the glaring holes with our money.. once we fill those up, then if we have the $$ and one is available lets replace the QB.. but we need to start at the weakest position and work our way up.. and qb is probably 4th-5th on that list.

My bad Blitz, it's not personal, but I really think fans who are on Fieder's jock are in serious, serious denial. I should know, I used to be one of you.

Anyway, sorry I misread your post but now it still doesn't make sense. Fiedler has a pretty damn good supporting cast, so I dont know where you're getting the impresion that he doesn't.

LeftCoastPhin, Fiedler does have a good supporting cast, but that good supporting cast, for the most part, played VERY poorly against New England. Our defense imploded. They gave up 11 points in the final three minutes, and allowed the Patriots to score on their first possession in OT. Mare kicked a kick-off out of bounds. Royals shanked a punt. Et Al.

It wasn't Fiedler who cost us the game against New England.

Anyway, I'm not on Fiedler's jockstrap, but I realize we scored a lot of points ON AVERAGE when he started, and with some improvements at OL and WR, I see no reason to believe we will regress. I would be for getting a superstar QB if one was available. There is nobody out there that's a clear upgrade over Fiedler, though.

All of this is why I feel we do not need to upgrade at QB (In short, it's not possible to do so and I feel we will be fine with Fiedler). I shouldn't really say I think we should not upgrade at QB because I do think we should get a better backup, but as for the starter at QB, we're set IMO.

We should all be focusing on real positions that need to be upgraded and actually can be upgraded.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, ok, I"m not really one to beat a dead horse so we'll agree to disagree. Unfortunately you are right when you say there are no good upgrades available so all this bickering is moot. That still does not change the fact that Wannestadt has screwed us by going with Fiedler in the first place. That said, I have no choice but to change my tune and support Fiedler since he will be back.

By going with Fiedler in the first place? Who the heck else was he going to go with? Brees? No better than Fiedler, and drafting a QB in the first-round would have sent the wrong message to the team. Huard? Don't make my heart explode due to excessive laughter. Brad Johnson? Too much of a cap hit, and he isn't mobile and probably is not much of an upgrade over Fiedler, if at all. Gus Frerotte? Come on...Jon Kitna? Another Bengals-reject. Matt "I Look Great In Pre-Season" Hasselback? He would have cost a first-round pick, and he doesn't look better than Fiedler.

It's not like Peyton Manning and Brett Favre were options.

Drafting Brees would have been nice. In his first year, Brees compared with Fiedler's first year and Brees is young and still developing, whereas Fiedler has had 10 friggin years to develop into an avg QB at best.

There were opporutnites to upgrade in the past few years, Wanne just doesn't have the balls to do it.

Originally posted by LeftCoastPhin
Drafting Brees would have been nice. In his first year, Brees compared with Fiedler's first year and Brees is young and still developing,

Brees' arm-strength is never going to turn into Dan Marino-esque. In addition, if you take him in the first-round you're essentially saying to the team "We will not win now, but maybe in two years or so." That is the wrong message to be sending to a team that just won the AFC East, and made it to the second-round in the playoffs.

And besides, it was a good IDEA taking a CB with the first pick that year...Probably a better idea than drafting Brees, who is still not more impressive than Fiedler. Jerry Wilson was horrific as our nickelback in 2000.

There were opporutnites to upgrade in the past few years, Wanne just doesn't have the balls to do it.

Drew Brees is the only opportunity you're going to cite? Come on now...

And Brees isn't an immediate upgrade anyway. The future is now.

Back
Top Bottom