So Everyone Realizes DW Is Staying... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

So Everyone Realizes DW Is Staying...

forgetting Jay and getting back...

to the question
how about focusing on our situation at OLB, OL, WR, SS?
Freeman will be our starting SS according to Alex since they think he will get better we are spending as much they want to on S for Brock. I would love to WannSpiel have the balls to cut Rodgers or get him to re-neg. a min salary contract. That will take a lot since his locker presense and other BS does not make up for his complete medicroity on the field.

Originally posted by LeftCoastPhin
Stats lie dude, how about 110 yds passing with the season on the line and the Pats putting 8 men in the box to stop Ricky? CHOKE!

How about recievers dropping passes that were put right in their hands by Feidler with the season on the line...

Oh yeah, thats right, Jay is supposed to catch passes as well. :rolleyes:

"The futue is now" Riiiiiiight, 9-7 is some future. We are always "so close" therfore it puts us in a vicious cycle of QB mediocrity. We could have shuffled the cap for Green or Johnson. Could have drafted Tom Brady instead of Josh Heuple, and JJ should have been grooming a QB all along. It's an absolute atrocity.

Look Barbarian, our WRs need upgrading too, what's your point? I would bet my life though that Fiedler overthrew or missed more passes than receivers dropped.

Look Barbarian, our WRs need upgrading too, what's your point? I would bet my life though that Fiedler overthrew or missed more passes than receivers dropped.

Same thing with all QB's, look at Jays completion percentage shall we the best indication of how accurate a QB is?

Comp %: 61.3 (not bad by any stretch of the imagination a VERY solid number)

Now before you start with the "stats lie" thing and accuse him of only throwing short safe passes, realise that he has a 6.9 YPA to go along with that completion percentage. Considering that Dolphins recievers are dead last in the NFL in Yards after catch, that means that Jay WAS throwing the intermediate range passes often and with a solid completion percentage. Theese numbers are made all the more impressive considering the revolving door at #2 Wideout we suffered this year.

You say he's not accurate, but the FACTS don't support your argument.

Feidler Bashers always said that if he cut back on the Interceptions then there wouldent be a problem.

Jay went 14TD's to only 9 picks this season. By far his best TD:Int ratio in his career.

His numbers have steadily improved every year that he's started for this team. The guy isn't Brett Favre. We all admit that (even though his numbers this season are better than Favres average per season numbers) but the guy IS a quality starting QB that wins games. I agree that we need to upgrade the WR's. But to blame Feidler is just plain ludicrous.

To blame Fiedler is ludicrious, give me a break. It is very debatable but not ludicrious.

Stats just dont tell the story with Fiedler. I'll admit,he has good stats. He is a paper QB. I watched every game, and I know what I see. I watch oher QBs miss thows too but not like Jay.

To blame Fiedler is ludicrious, give me a break. It is very debatable but not ludicrious.

Stats just dont tell the story with Fiedler. I'll admit,he has good stats. He is a paper QB. I watched every game, and I know what I see. I watch oher QBs miss thows too but not like Jay.

But not like Jay?

Please explain... because I watched every game as well start to finish, including many other games (4 a week almost religeosly) and other QB's were making for the most part the same level of accuracy of Jay, the difference comes down to Coverage (our WR's couldent shake a cold let alone DB's) and dropped passes.

Please explain? Gladly. For starters, we had to CHANGE our entire game plan because Jay couldn't get the ball downfield to Chambers. He missed McKnight by a mile vs the Pats that would have iced the game. He over threw Chambers for a critical first down against Minn. He got away with several INTs one game (forgot who) but the DBs kept dropping the ball. He is Dr Jeckyl and Mr. Hyde. He looks so good and then so bad, in the same quarter! Just to inconsistent for me.

Please explain? Gladly. For starters, we had to CHANGE our entire game plan because Jay couldn't get the ball downfield to Chambers. He missed McKnight by a mile vs the Pats that would have iced the game. He over threw Chambers for a critical first down against Minn. He got away with several INTs one game (forgot who) but the DBs kept dropping the ball. He is Dr Jeckyl and Mr. Hyde. He looks so good and then so bad, in the same quarter! Just to inconsistent for me.

I have seen ProBowl QB's have exactly the same type of game against much lesser secondaries than NE's (we tend to forget that they are pretty good and the real reason they won the SB)

There is NO QB in the NFL that doesn't do the same thing.

Oh, and the game that he got away with several INT's was the Jets game... but that was Lucas and not Feidler.

I got to give you credit Barbarian, you are persistent. I think we both make good points and are both right in a lot of ways. Either way, like it or not Fiedler is the man and I accept that. I hope he can improve and be the man. I certainly wouldn't rule it out. I do not think he sucks. I just think he is not above reproach or blame, he should take the blame just like everyone else on this underachieving team.

I got to give you credit Barbarian, you are persistent. I think we both make good points and are both right in a lot of ways. Either way, like it or not Fiedler is the man and I accept that. I hope he can improve and be the man. I certainly wouldn't rule it out. I do not think he sucks. I just think he is not above reproach or blame, he should take the blame just like everyone else on this underachieving team.

Now that I will agree with.

I am not saying that he's above reproach either. He's not great, but he is solid. In my list of things this team needs to improve on, Starting QB is way down there... However as I said on other posts, if we have the opprotunity to improve (by bringing in Holcomb or Bulger or a similarly solid QB) then I would jump at the chance.

I just don't see guys like Couch or Plummer being an improvement. Add all other FA QB's to that list as well... but if Cleveland or St. Louis want's to talk, we should listen.

Back
Top Bottom