So far so good with the draft picks..... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

So far so good with the draft picks.....

minus

Perennial All-Pro
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
You have to tip your hat to Spielman and Wanstead for this year draft.With out a pick in the first two round and finding what seems to be hidden gems in the draft(I know its early but you gotta love what you see from draftees.........)

Seth McKinney Impressed the coaches in the previus mini camps but was unable to attent rookie cap because contract negotiations.He really didn't miss much because no contact..He should be a valuable back up at C/G....We could be looking at next year starter at Center or guard depending which way Dolphins go.

Randy McMichael This guy has been very impressive and is definitely making a name for himself.If he can continue catching everything thrown his way and prove that he can block ; might be looking at our starter..

Omare Lowe He is also looking strong as the 4th corner back.Now I'm thinking that he might just be on our dime formation.

Sam Simmons Well I really didn't see much from him but I'm sure he will prove more valuable once they start practicing returns..

Leonard Henry biggest surprise mainly because no one really thought he will be any good.Actually alot of people question this pick.He just might be the #2 running back once season starts..

Even the undrafted Rookies are showing talents...

Kustok,levick, and Seavers

Great job at scouting even with out any high picks.....

:)

Minus, I agree, and disagree, to a certain extent here. As far as Kustok goes, I am not impressed. Yes, he is much more mobile and athletic, than Levcik, but his arm is McNown-esque.

I would caution everyone, myself included, to keep everything in perspective. After all, it is still training camp, and we haven't even scrimmaged yet. How many times have we seen rookie after rookie "impress" in the early stages of camp, only to be sent packing, when the real hitting, and game action starts?

Now, don't get me wrong, I too like what I see from these kids, but it is a little too early to start proclaiming this draft a success, or failure, for that matter.

Let's see how it plays out, and then make the call, on how good a draft it was. That said, I THINK it could be good, but we do need to wait a little.

I would be seriously surprised if Henry ends up #2 RB. It appears that Robert Edwards is really impressive out there and that only Rob Konrad has better hands out there in the RB department, according to coaches. I feel bad for Travis Minor, as things progress it seems like he's going to get phased out more and more.

CKP, I disagree on Travis. He is being used extensively in red-zone, and 3rd down sets. I feel he will get probably MORE time this way, as opposed to just being RW's backup. Barring injury, of course, how much time do we really expect RW to not be on the field.

Also, there is a shot that Minor will also see time in the kick return game. So, he is going to get his chances to contribute.

Are you planning on signing your top guy before he misses to much to be effective this season? Camp is damn important to an OLineman in todays NFL, mis more than a week or two and the season is shot.

Originally posted by RobertHoover
Are you planning on signing your top guy before he misses to much to be effective this season? Camp is damn important to an OLineman in todays NFL, mis more than a week or two and the season is shot.

C/G Seth McKinney signed yesterday...all our picks are in

Originally posted by RobertHoover

Not when the first four days of training camp is like an extension of QB schools.Sure you wan't all your draft picks sign but hey is not that easy just ask Bills fans.

I'd like to see what Minor can bring to KO returns. I'm also interested in seeing what this guy Atkins brings at DT.

I agree, inking picks is a bitch nowadays. Most players and agents have a wild idea what they are worth.

Well McKinney knows exactly what he is worth we just couldn't afford to pay him what he's worth cuz our rookie allotment was too small (some day I'll have to figure out how thats decided).

Travis Minor was never really slated to be RW's backup. He's the 3rd down back. If RW goes down then the brunt of the snaps will be taken by Robert Edwards with Minor spelling him perhaps a bit more than if RW is healthy. But its hard to say.

What I do know is this, Norv doesn't really like to use 3rd down backs. If he's got a back that can do it all (which Ricky can), he wants to keep him in there. And I believe he will. A coach recently said Ricky's hands are the 3rd best among RBs behind only Rob Konrad and Robert Edwards. This means Ricky will be in for a lot of 3rd down back duties and IMO the snaps that Minor may be taking now are to just determine if he has a niche in the rotation somewhere.

Agreed about Norv onot really using 3rd down backs. Minor adds a nice dimension with his speed, I think Norv would come up with some plays for him to run, gewt him matched up against a LB.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
I would be seriously surprised if Henry ends up #2 RB. It appears that Robert Edwards is really impressive out there and that only Rob Konrad has better hands out there in the RB department, according to coaches. I feel bad for Travis Minor, as things progress it seems like he's going to get phased out more and more.

I have to agree with scotgif.......These guys may look good right now, especially because they are on our team and we are focused in on them....We havent seen the talent the other teams have. These guys arent going with full pads and they arent even going up against the our first team defenses and offenses, but hey,...... anything can happen.

Back
Top Bottom