So for those of you who DISLIKE Freeman..... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

So for those of you who DISLIKE Freeman.....

Originally posted by Dolphins2002
I want MIGS to answer this....I like his opinions, because he backs them up.

Well, it sure did take a while :lol: but here's my thoughts..

Freeman is a good young player. People are quick to critize him last year for his play, but some don't realize that he was given too much of a responsibility. Freeman can become a very good player in this system, but if he's going to do that, it has to be this year. After that, he won't get another chance. I personally do not believe the Dolphins will sign Sammy Knight, so that means Freeman will be the starter this year again, but since the Dolphins were able to get some help by signing T-Buck, it could ease the pressure on Freeman. It's a make or break year for Freeman. He's not the best, but I think he can make it. I think the best situation right now is for the Dolphins to sign this guy to a one year deal, and make him earn his salary, and bring the best out of him. Then we go from there. I hope that answered your question D2K2

I dont get it. brian walker was not that good and dissapeared the second year. he was great the first year and should have been PB instead of marion. the second year he absolutely dissapeared. which is why he is in detroit now. he wasnt worth keeping. Now Freeman is on his last legs too. we will draft someone next year that will be the guy. i predict we will draft QB and S and LT the most of all(free agency too).

Obviously Walker performed better for Miami in 2001 than Freeman did in 2002. Freeman was probably liked b/c he was not playing much and people may have thought that he would be faster and make more INT's or whatever. But, Walker was excellent in run support and provided some very solid open field hits.

Freeman hasn't actually "hit" anything since he's arrived. He makes a tackle every once in a while and has occasionally made a play, but more often than not either makes a mistake or is soft on his tackles.

I want a guy at S who is aggressive; who is a headhunter; who intimidates; and most importantly of all - has a nose for the ball. That's why Knight would be an upgrade over Freeman. It's not his speed it's that he is smart enough to be a real ballhawk. He might get burned some (so did Freeman!), but he'll get you 5-6 INT's (much more than Arturo) and he'll create/recover 5-6 fumbles. He is also a tackle machine (while not a huge hitter; he is solid). I'll take this kind of guy over a soft, light tackling but slightly faster player who doesn't make enough big plays - ANY day of the week.

I think larry chester is better at stuffing the run but lacks of extreme pass rush such as dl like Glover, Sapp, Gardener which constantly pressure the passer. Mcfarland from the bucs is a better run stopper/stuffer than sapp for a fact. Sapp worries too much about overpowering his opponents and he does, while mc farland just jumps on the gap and lets go of his opponent and tackles the runner in the inside. Tim bowens is a monster as well, he can have decent enough pass rushing but he is also extremely good against the run. We have the best dtackles in the league and don't get me wrong. Denver seems to be in line to have as good tacklse as us since they signed daryl.

Walker has been injury proned everywhere he has played. Except Miami. Which is weird.

Sammy Knight would fill the void (hard hitting,big plays, ...) created by the departure of Walker.

And we should keep Freeman to replace Marion next year where he would be better suited to play.

But we have to sign Knight before...

We should of drafted battle or mike doss to replace Brock . And also sign Sammy Knight for this year of course. Hopefully we can accomplish the second one.

I prefer Walker over Freeman, but I prefer Knight over both of them put togteher.....but DAMN this thread is old!

Originally posted by Dolfan3454
Walker is the more complete package. and he always seems to be in the right place at the right time. he was also a tackling machine. Freeman is also a tackling machine. i like walker more.

Hey Dolfan3454, no disrespect or anything, I'm just letting you know..

The picture in your avatar is fake. That's a Saints picture that was photo edited. I'm sure you probably know, I was just wondering if you did that yourself? Because I wanted to take a Derrius Thompson Redskins photo.. and edit it to make him have on a Dolphins uni..

Originally posted by Dolphins2002
I prefer Walker over Freeman, but I prefer Knight over both of them put togteher.....but DAMN this thread is old!

It sure is, but I saw that you said you wanted my opinion so I figurered better late than never :lol:

:lol: How did you dig this up???? Must have been bored huh? lol

Back
Top Bottom