So how was Turk? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

So how was Turk?

SkapePhin

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I missed most of the game because of work..

How much of an improvement is he over Royals now?

I think 3 punts into the 20.

It was easier to watch him kicking that it was Royals, I wasn't as nervous.

Not as much distance but better hangtime and much better placement. And when you play field position as much as we do, you want your punter to limit the other team's returns and to pin them back in their own end. Matt earned his check today.

Originally posted by SkapePhin
I missed most of the game because of work..

How much of an improvement is he over Royals now?

He just looks more natural out there !! Good move.

Not to mention Olindo BANGED EM THREW. I like Turk as our holder.

Did quite good...stats don't show it BUT he did much better than Royals...pinned them deep and his punts had nice hang times...not much of returns on any of his punts.

Originally posted by XoPhinsoX
Not to mention Olindo BANGED EM THREW. I like Turk as our holder.

This was the only difference between Turk and Royals. Hell, that could have been Royals out there wearing Turks uniform for all the similarity between the 2, Turk did no more than what Royals has done as far as punting goes it was like watching a carbon copy.

So what you would rather have him kick for a touchback then pin one in the 20 3 times?

Originally posted by Jaj
So what you would rather have him kick for a touchback then pin one in the 20 3 times?

Royals was pinning teams inside the 20 consistantly as well, just look at the jets game, Royals was one missed tackle (and about 3 yards) from putting 3 Inside the 20 on 5 punts for an extra 5 yards per punt... and yet Royals somehow sucked?

Turk didn't make any mistakes/shanks. He kicked 3 inside the 20, but they ended up at 19 (27 yard kick), the 16 (26 yard kick), and the 16 again (39 yard kick). The first two were high and were fair caught. The 3rd kick (if I'm not mistaken) rolled at least 10 yards. So it wasn't like he was placing them inside the 5 or anything....a.k.a - improvement is needed.

On a side note, we did have one partially blocked.

Originally posted by Prime Time
Did quite good...stats don't show it BUT he did much better than Royals...pinned them deep and his punts had nice hang times...not much of returns on any of his punts.

matter of fact, i think they only returned one of them. but like you say, for a punter, stats hardly show anything.

Back
Top Bottom