So if we were go 4-12 next season | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

So if we were go 4-12 next season

Puffboy(ricky) said:
So if we were go 4-12 next season, what will this forum be saying... Saban sucks? Rebuilding? What? What is an acceptable first year for Saban?

If this happens no one will say anything bad...its the guys first season, if this happens it'll be because of the play from the qbs and we will draft one

if u think about it we only had 4 wins but witha few breaks we win 6 and never mind all our injuries , our coach etc. we will be a much better team this year. atleast a 6 win team hopefully a 10 win.

Puffboy(ricky) said:
So if we were go 4-12 next season, what will this forum be saying... Saban sucks? Rebuilding? What? What is an acceptable first year for Saban?
If we go 4-12 next year there will be a cute little soccer girl lookin for her husband ! Nicky has a year or 2 of imunity(sp) but improvements must be evident. acceptable is still atleast .500

Puffboy(ricky) said:

i think we'd have to have half a roster of injuries for that to happen.

we'll go 9-7 with the changes that we made over this past winter.

we'll go 10-6/11-5 if Ricky comes back......book it.

To me, record is less important than the direction the team is going in next year. If the team goes 0-16, I'd be glum about how things went. It wouldn't matter nearly as much as the measure of the team's progress did, though. I would actually prefer a losing year that builds up to something to a 10-6 or 11-5 year followed by more years of struggling. Think Dallas under Parcells for that second scenario.

I would definitely be disappointed with our roster as it is atm to see us go anything under 6-10. Although if we went 5-11 or 4-12 but played rookies and they showed a lot of promise and so did AJ then that would be fine with me.

I would be saying that Saban's approach isn't the right one because even if we are supposedly rebuilding, 4-12 with our roster is a bad season full stop.

Last season when our boy quit I said that I hoped we would suck so we can get get a great draft pick and Wanny will get canned. This was the first year that I didn't get bent when we lost a game. (Thank GOD!) If we suck again, so be it, it's only a two year trend and it will give us more ammo to stock up in next year's draft. I'd take two crappy years to stock up on young players and rebuild the franchise for the next decade. Saban will not get crucified if the teams falters, at least not by me. He'll need time to really analyze and fix this team from the foundation up. We still have a few suspect ares (QB, DT, O-Line, DB) that we really need to address. The O-line may gel and develop this year. The Db's may step up and make us miss Surtain a little less. Who knows what's going on with Chester and Timbo. And Feeley? This is his year to :p4e: or get off the pot!

grendel said:
We did not go 4-12 because of Ricky!! We went 4-12 because Wanny and Spielman tried to rebuild the line and it just took awhile before the bad coaching caught up to good talent.

Perfect
clear.gif

Back
Top Bottom