So many good ends in game 1 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

So many good ends in game 1

brumdog44

Club Member
Reaction score
Damn good time to have Sunday ticket....every game except the Ravens/Jets and Dolphins/Pats going to the wire or OT.

59 yard field goal by Cleveland to likely win.

BUT refs screwed Carolina. Jacoby Brissett went up to spike the ball, took a step back and then spiked it. Refs immediately threw a flag and then picked it up and said it wasn't intentional grounding when that that's obviously the call.

59 yard field goal by Cleveland to likely win.

BUT refs screwed Carolina. Jacoby Brissett went up to spike the ball, took a step back and then spiked it. Refs immediately threw a flag and then picked it up and said it wasn't intentional grounding when that that's obviously the call.
I saw that too. Really galling, especially after I watched the Saints get penalized for intentional grounding because of a situation where nobody knew the receiver was actually ruled OOBs and the clock stopped.

The ref in that game explained is as he "faked the spike then spiked it". Well that's exactly when I have seen intentional grounding called over and over. If it isn't immediate I have ALWAYS seen it called grounding.

That New Orleans game I mentioned- that is the best of Jameis Winston and what I hope he can be as I am still rooting for him. (And also what I hope Mayfield can be, similar players but Winston way more talented). Play within himself and keep contained. Then unleash "hero ball" and use that elite playmaking potential when its really needed. I didn't see the first 59 minutes, but when it came down to air it out or it was lost he made it happen. And when they had that weird penalty and they lost ten yards and a down, he got it back cold and surgically.

Tampa was just never playing the type of games of giving the type of defensive performances that let them win if it wasn't on his arm all game long, and he makes too mayn mistakes if he isn't restrained a little. But I've hardly ever seen a more talented playmaker.

Wild end to the Bengals Steelers game. Tough for a Bengals fan. Team was seemingly going to win on last second TD and you botch extra point. Then they miss another chippy in OT. Starting long snapper hurt I believe. Was hoping for tie but I suppose Steelers win is next best outcome. Not too worried about them but their fans are f'ing annoying (terrible little yellow towels, lmao).

Give giants credit for going for two and the lead rather than playing for the tie. Like aggressive style and resonates with the players

Wild end to the Bengals Steelers game. Tough for a Bengals fan. Team was seemingly going to win on last second TD and you botch extra point. Then they miss another chippy in OT. Starting long snapper hurt I believe. Was hoping for tie but I suppose Steelers win is next best outcome. Not too worried about them but their fans are f'ing annoying (terrible little yellow towels, lmao).
I'm rooting for Trubisky even though I hate the Steelers. I just absolutely hated the way Nagy made Trubisky a scapegoat in Chicago and while it might turn out that both of them aren't any good, the world got to see in 2021 that Trubisky wasn't holding Nagy back, Nagy just wasn't a very good offensive coach on his own.

Give giants credit for going for two and the lead rather than playing for the tie. Like aggressive style and resonates with the players
Congrats to the Giants, FWIW I like Daboll and thought he did a good job in his one year here. The Titans have been my solid #2 the last few years since I'm still rooting for Tannehill, but I was just numb watching that game right now because of how awful that roster has become as they've let every single playmaker from the star WR to the backup TE get away the last few years except King Henry, and it's just boring to watch inept receivers have passes go through their hands and hit their facemasks. They blew their championship window, and in the playoffs Vrabel goes full on Wannstadt and refuses to play the game any other way than Henry, Henry, Henry, to the point of losing the wrinkles that keep a defense off balance.

I just don't care to watch a sinking ship, and even if like last year they manage to claw their way to a playoff spot despite a poor roster, the upside just isn't there for a big playoff run.

When Russ went to Denver everyone freaked about the Broncos becoming some juggernaut.

They’re ok. Certainly not a threat to KC or probably even the Chargers.

More of a threat to teams like us battling for those wild card spots.

Wow why not put it in the hands of Russell Wilson on 4th 5 instead of a 64 yard field goal

When Russ went to Denver everyone freaked about the Broncos becoming some juggernaut.

They’re ok. Certainly not a threat to KC or probably even the Chargers.

More of a threat to teams like us battling for those wild card spots.
It's certainly not on the level of when Peyton Manning went to the Broncos or Brady went to the Bucs. I don't put Stafford in that category because the Rams were a SB caliber team before he got there, they had made it with Goff and just didn't do anything in the game. Wilson is a good quarterback and the Broncos are a better team for it, but he's just not transformative all on his own. His best year's have come when he was a component of a run-heavy team, and the more the Seahawks did to center the team around him, at his insistence, the less successful the team became.

I'm not foolish enough to say the Seahawks are better without having Wilson when they don't really have a legit QB right now (sorry first half Geno Smith, I'm rooting for ya), but that relationship had clearly run its course because Wilson had the expectation of being the centerpiece and focal point there, and they weren't good enough doing that, so now they will be free in the next few years to restructure the team to their own philosophy and not their starting QB. I suspect Carroll may not finish that but the philosophy could still stay, who knows.

It's certainly not on the level of when Peyton Manning went to the Broncos or Brady went to the Bucs. I don't put Stafford in that category because the Rams were a SB caliber team before he got there, they had made it with Goff and just didn't do anything in the game. Wilson is a good quarterback and the Broncos are a better team for it, but he's just not transformative all on his own. His best year's have come when he was a component of a run-heavy team, and the more the Seahawks did to center the team around him, at his insistence, the less successful the team became.

I'm not foolish enough to say the Seahawks are better without having Wilson when they don't really have a legit QB right now (sorry first half Geno Smith, I'm rooting for ya), but that relationship had clearly run its course because Wilson had the expectation of being the centerpiece and focal point there, and they weren't good enough doing that, so now they will be free in the next few years to restructure the team to their own philosophy and not their starting QB. I suspect Carroll may not finish that but the philosophy could still stay, who knows.
The broncos coach tho I mean I know he's a rookie but he has a lot to learn like our own Mike McDaniel.

Yeah, there were a lot of close games.

There was one close game that wasn't a good ending though: Colts/Texans

Back
Top Bottom