So Now What??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

So Now What???

ryyyan24

Starter
Reaction score
It looks to be that Alex Smith will be going #1 to the 49ers. ESPN and other stations have been reporting since late last night that both sides have been working hard to get a contract done...

So what does this mean for us? I've been hearing alot about Smith on this site and on TV but if hes gone who do we go for? IMO we desperately need a QB and I feel that we should go for Aaron Rodgers but idk. What do you guys think will be done?

trade fpr two firsts and get benson and clayton, we'll get a decent qb in a later round, especially if the surtain deal works out

thedayafter said:
The board patrol at it again...... tell me .....who appointed you...

339 posts telling people that there are threads on this already!!! :wink:

Don't reply then and let the thead die already if you don't like it! :roflmao:

NJFINSFAN1 said:
339 posts telling people that there are threads on this already!!! :wink:

Don't reply then and let the thead die already if you don't like it! :roflmao:

Yeah... this guy yesterday was all over me because he didn't consider one of my threads about the draft value study done at Duke University a "urgent need"... whatever that means....

I told him then don't read it.... not as if he could....:D

I agree everyone. I think we should draft Edwards or trade down. However I don't think we should trade down with Vikes. They won't give us two 1sts. I think we should trade down with TB. We then only move to #5 and we can still pick up a 2nd rounder this year and a 2nd next year. At that point we should take either Edwards or Williams, whichever is available to us at #5.

I think we should end up with some combination of these players below from this draft:

WR: Braylon Edwards or Mike Williams
RB: Marion Barber III or JJ Arrington or Ciatrick Fason
QB: Andrew Walter or Adrian McPherson
FS: Josh Bullocks or Sean Considine
CB: Howard Bartrell Jr or Stanley Wilson

Why is everybody so high on Edwards? He may be BPA, but not by much, and wr is our least pressing offensive need. I'd rather trade down, but if we're stuck at the pick, I'd take Ronnie Brown for immediate help, or Rodgers if they feel he has what it takes to be our future qb.

islandah said:
Why is everybody so high on Edwards? He may be BPA, but not by much, and wr is our least pressing offensive need. I'd rather trade down, but if we're stuck at the pick, I'd take Ronnie Brown for immediate help, or Rodgers if they feel he has what it takes to be our future qb.

RB's do not present good value at the number 2 pick.... short careers, injuries, and the fact you can get 90% of the productivity in a round 2-4 selection at a fraction of the cost....

WR's are the new playmakers....

Back
Top Bottom