So... the "blue" reputation icon means... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

So... the "blue" reputation icon means...

Mr. Magoo

Ayatollah of rock and rolla
Reaction score
What, exactly? Green I get. Red I get. But since when I click on the tab to give or retract reputation from someone I only get two options, I'm confused what the blue reputation icon means when I get it from someone else?

I'm sure it's pretty simple and I'm just missing it. Feel free to take away reputation if that's the case. :lol:

It is actually grey. The reputation scale is based on numbers and when you have a positive number it is green and when it is a negative it is red. When it is at 0, it is neutral and is grey.

So someone can actually give out neutral reputation? How?

Its when you get back to 0 when its grey...

So say you were were neg 27 then you get 27 positive it will show up grey....

But Im way in the positive and if I check my rep I can see that someone has given me a grey rep. I have green ones, a few red ones and a few grey ones. Its not my overall rep being at zero.

But Im way in the positive and if I check my rep I can see that someone has given me a grey rep. I have green ones, a few red ones and a few grey ones. Its not my overall rep being at zero.

Also I think it could be from when someone who does not have rep gives you rep..then its neutral or if they are red they cant give out positve rep so it goes neutral.

It means you've been Vaarked. I hope he was gentle.

Also I think it could be from when someone who does not have rep gives you rep..then its neutral or if they are red they cant give out positve rep so it goes neutral.

That would be interesting, if true. I only ask because of the last 10 times I've been given rep, six have been gray.

The more positive rep you have, the more "power" you have. If you are in the negative you have no power, therefore any negative or positive rep will come out as zero, or neutral.

so you're saying that if a few of us finally have had it with trolls derailing fins-centric threads, it's possible, depending on how good our reps are to errr, independently neg rep them all the way to Pinkville?

I've always assumed the gray reps are posters who have not met the basic time/grade membership criteria.. I've also assumed that since you are unable to award a negative rep without an explanation, if there are none, then the gray-giver is positively propping you.

Back
Top Bottom