So, we're out of the Rivers/Henson sweepstakes | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

So, we're out of the Rivers/Henson sweepstakes

Cover23

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
SO with the signing of AJ Touchy Feeley, are we now out of the running for Drew Henson and Philip Rivers?
I hope not, Please Front Office give them a chance, let Fiedler go, Griese go and let Feeley start next year and sign Henson/Rivers!!!!
Please dont let us be dissapointed this offseason.....

what do you guys think? Are we done at QB or are we still gonna go after Phil Rivers or Drew Henson?

We don't know.

Hell two days ago would you have guessed we would sign A.J. Feeley and allow Jay Fiedler to seek out a trade?

This front office has the fans on it's toes, we can only hope the team does the same to the NFL next season.

Rivers is still an option, especially if we get a 1st for Wally. AJ Feeley, Sage Rosenfels and Clint Stoerner as our 3 QB's make my head hurt. If we have 2 1st rounders, using one on Rivers would not be a stupid move at all. Feeley essentially frees us up from REQUIRING us to draft Rivers. Teams may be less likely to jump in front of us to get him. Maybe it will work out, who knows.

ugh. this feeley trade makes little sense. He plays like Fiedler and has a dubious "winning record". If this costs us Rivers, I've had it. But if the Fins can have a restructured Griese contract, Feeley, and Rivers, I'll be satisfied.

i'd bet feeley, sage and an tba rookie qb

He doesn't play anything like Fiedler.

Jesus Christ!! Have any of you watched anything other than the Dolphins at all during football season?

Jay Fiedler is a roll out QB who relies on his legs. He's terrible from the pocket because he lacks instincts, can't see the field, and is a slow decision maker who has a weak arm.

AJ Feeley is a pocket passer who makes quick decisions, gets rid of the ball quickly, makes good decisions, and doesn't limit the field. Feeley is a strong armed pocket passer.

They are two totally different QBs. Feeley is much better and brings much more to the table in the present and long term than Jay Fiedler ever brought.

Why is henson not a possibility now???? he would still have to watch a while he wouldnt start right away hed do the same thing rivers wouldd o

I think we could still trade our 20th pick for Henson (I would rather have Henson than Rivers) because by draft time that will be the asking price. Maybe we can get an extra 3rd round from Houston if we made the trade. Then assuming we get a pick from O-Gun we can get a reciver still in the first.

cant really blame them for mentioning JF name. we had for him 4 yrs, it will take a bit longer for us not to use JF as a comparision. anything is still possible.

Originally posted by Regan21286
ugh. this feeley trade makes little sense. He plays like Fiedler and has a dubious "winning record". If this costs us Rivers, I've had it. But if the Fins can have a restructured Griese contract, Feeley, and Rivers, I'll be satisfied.

how do you know he plays like fiedler? you seen him play? i doubt it. He ran a west coast offense remember.

Originally posted by Phinfan31
Why is henson not a possibility now???? he would still have to watch a while he wouldnt start right away hed do the same thing rivers wouldd o

becuase his asking price is way out there for a guy who has never been in the NFL. Plus GB and Buffalo look poised to give what Houston would want.

Originally posted by dolfan87
We don't know.

Hell two days ago would you have guessed we would sign A.J. Feeley and allow Jay Fiedler to seek out a trade?

This front office has the fans on it's toes, we can only hope the team does the same to the NFL next season.

Love the avatar....

If Rivers is there at #20.. I'll be pissed if they do not draft him. HE's the best option for Miami at QB in this scenario. The Steelers and Bils have been noted to be interested in Rivers at their 1st round picks..

I hope Rivers falls..

Back
Top Bottom