So what positions should we be looking for? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

So what positions should we be looking for?

maddendude

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Obviously QB, with 3 great QBs in the draft. (Cutler, Young, Leinart)

Saftey, cuz Shulters and Tillman arent great. They are average.

Defensive Tackle, the line is getting kinda old, we could use a younger DT other than wright.

Linebacker

When I look at our depth charts I think, damn, our team is good, we dont really need anyone other than QB.

all i know is i trust saban to do the right thing and as far as i can see i would like,QB,CB,OLB,OL not neccessarily in that order of draft,rounds 1-4. we need upgrade at LT position,we need a speed OLB{chad greenway}who can cover the tight end of opposing teams{big need}. and a good cornerback cause we might be losing 2 of them{madison,howard}also might be losing 2 OLB's{seau,moore}QB=cutler,jacobs,gradowski,only veteran worthwhile is Farve.in FA bentley,antonio bryant[WR] and chris hovan[DT} i think are realistically we can get $$$$ wise.

maddendude said:
Obviously QB, with 3 great QBs in the draft. (Cutler, Young, Leinart)

Saftey, cuz Shulters and Tillman arent great. They are average.

Defensive Tackle, the line is getting kinda old, we could use a younger DT other than wright.

Linebacker

When I look at our depth charts I think, damn, our team is good, we dont really need anyone other than QB.

OL, CB, WR

madmike said:
all i know is i trust saban to do the right thing and as far as i can see i would like,QB,CB,OLB,OL not neccessarily in that order of draft,rounds 1-4. we need upgrade at LT position,we need a speed OLB{chad greenway}who can cover the tight end of opposing teams{big need}. and a good cornerback cause we might be losing 2 of them{madison,howard}also might be losing 2 OLB's{seau,moore}QB=cutler,jacobs,gradowski,only veteran worthwhile is Farve.in FA bentley,antonio bryant[WR] and chris hovan[DT} i think are realistically we can get $$$$ wise.

come draft day, just like in every year past, these mock projections will not materialize and come close to the actual draft selections.

Who is on the board and who Saban takes will be the best value and turn out fine.

I suspect half of the fans will hate the player picked and would have wanted someone else, a quarter will love it, and a quarter wont even know who some of the players are that Saban picked....but at the end of the day most of the needs will be filled and over time we will be amazed at who we picked, what trades happened to cause it, and thrilled they are future Miami Dolphins.

RB and TE :lol:

I think we should get a QB, OT, CB, LB, DT, OG, and S. QB is an obvious one and should get one in the 1st round or trade up. Rest can be found in later rounds and should shore up current depth and the future.

1. QB doesnt mean we need to go first round to find our guy
2. LT/RT deep bunch here and some can play both sides which is what Houck likes
3. C/G One position in need even if hadnot ends up injured. We need another C in case Hadnot were to go down. Hutchinson would make our Oline good-great.
4. Safety/CB Saban loves guys who have talent to do both.
5. LB even though its listed 5th here, Saban will take a stud LB over anyone at any point in order to get his guy. Channing Crowder was well studied. Looks for value here. In Saban I trust.
6. WR we need another special teamer and an upgrade at WR is needed. I dont care what anyone says about Chambers. We want to have two studs if at all possible. Our offense would be like Indy's with that goin on. I like booker, but he is not considered a real threat. We need a threat at WR. Someone who puts fear in CB's to bak them up.
7. DT Saban can find late round guys who can do the job.

Back
Top Bottom