So What Will Be Our Next Move? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

So What Will Be Our Next Move?

EddieIrvine13

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Possible Trades?

We have very little cash to work with now. We take the 4 million we offered to Kreutz and get either Brock or Parrish. Our D will be set for years and we can start adding depth in drafts. As for offense, WE NEED TO IMPROVE THE OL! Dixon sucks and I wont miss him after he becomes a FA next year. Perry sucks and should not be starting. Wade = good. Ruddy = aging. Smith and Spriggs can deal with it at the LT spot. We have Searcy for a year. One problem... no money or no decent draft picks. What do we do? Trade. We have a great team but cant get anywhere without a good OL. Fiedler has no protection and RW wont find holes. We can lose a player, save some cash for another quality FA, and get another draft pick. How about Gardener or Rodgers? Does anyone agree they can go? Both are overpaid and can be replaced with the OLB out there and with Bromell or Mixon. How about Ward? Any value? Any other ideas?

I doubt that would ever happen considering that trades in football happen about once a decade.

But dont forget that most of our good players come from the middle rounds anyway so we should be alright.

Also remember trading a player accelerates their salary and signing bonus into that year. Cutting Gardener, or Rodgers could wind up costing us money.

Be patient, wait and see what the Dolphins do next. Being patient yielded us Ricky Williams, maybe it will bring us a stud O lineman.

Here are what the priorities seem to be

from http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...l-dolnotes0309.story?coll=sfla-dolphins-front

• Wannstedt said the Dolphins plan to draft at least one lineman.
  • One possible addition is Chicago safety Tony Parrish, who visited with the Dolphins on Friday and is considered the leading free-agent player at his position.
  • The Dolphins also are continuing to negotiate to re-sign free safety Brock Marion and defensive ends Kenny Mixon and Lorenzo Bromell.
  • Mixon visited Cincinnati on Friday and said there was only a “15 percent†chance he would re-sign with the Dolphins. Mixon is drawing heavy interest from Minnesota.

I would hope we go into the draft with a new starting S or Brock and hopefully 1 more DE and/or a P. That leaves the draft to fill the blanks on the OL and STs by replacing guys like Galyon and Cousins

We aren't getting Mixon, which is ok because whoever is gonna sign him is overpaying him by a few miles.

I agree 87............

Originally posted by dolfan87
Also remember trading a player accelerates their salary and signing bonus into that year. Cutting Gardener, or Rodgers could wind up costing us money.

Be patient, wait and see what the Dolphins do next. Being patient yielded us Ricky Williams, maybe it will bring us a stud O lineman.

Patience is a virtue that very few people can claim to have. Let's wait and see what Dave and Rick come up with next. Stay Tuned.;)

Dave and Rick drafted Olin Kreutz in the third round when they were in Chicago. Here's to hoping they make another pick as good as that one, or as good as the time we picked up Todd Wade for a second round pick when he probably should have went in the first (Same with Chambers).

1) I think that Wann-Spiel will sign SS Tony Parrish to multi-year deal.

2) Sign P Berger because we will not want to take a chance on drafting a punter.

3) Then we will draft either C Seth McKinney of Texas A&M or G Martin Bibla of Miami with our first pick in the third round.

What does everyone else think will be the Fins next moves?

Well, we need a punter for sure, but do take into account that if we have an excellent offense (including Mare) that can score often, we really don't need a GREAT punter. A good one would suffice. What about Mark Royals from the Bucs??

I don't follow college sports, so I don't know crap about the draft, but it was fun learning about free agency from you guys. THANK YOU SO MUCH!! :D

Re: I agree 87............

Originally posted by aqua&orange54
Patience is a virtue that very few people can claim to have. Let's wait and see what Dave and Rick come up with next. Stay Tuned.;)
How was signing Brock for an encore :happydrin

How about this for our 8th DL spot

Andre Wadsworth

Height: 6-4 Weight: 272 Born: October 19, 1974, Miami, FL College: Fla St.

He's still young and
NFL | Wadsworth Planning a Return - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
19:50 PT: Len Pasquarelli, of ESPN.com, reports DE Andre Wadsworth, a former member of the Arizona Cardinals who did not play during the 2001 season, could be ready to start working out for NFL teams in the coming months -- possibly even before the NFL Draft in April. Wadsworth, a former first-round pick, underwent microfracture surgery on his knee and has been going through rehabilitation.

Originally posted by FinaticalOne
1) I think that Wann-Spiel will sign SS Tony Parrish to multi-year deal.

2) Sign P Berger because we will not want to take a chance on drafting a punter.

3) Then we will draft either C Seth McKinney of Texas A&M or G Martin Bibla of Miami with our first pick in the third round.

What does everyone else think will be the Fins next moves?

Trust me, Bibla will be avaliable in the 4th and maybe even the 5th round.

I expect to sign Bromell now, and maybe look at a G if 1 slips thru the cracks of free agency. I wouldn't be surprised if Terrence Metcalf is still available in the top of the 3rd round we might package our 3rd and 1 of the 2 conditional picks we should get to move up and grab him. Remember w/out having a first round pick we have a litle more money available then we though. The rookie pool is done be for the final cap report on march 1st so losing the 1st round choice will free up a little $.

Originally posted by Dajesus
I expect to sign Bromell now, and maybe look at a G if 1 slips thru the cracks of free agency. I wouldn't be surprised if Terrence Metcalf is still available in the top of the 3rd round we might package our 3rd and 1 of the 2 conditional picks we should get to move up and grab him. Remember w/out having a first round pick we have a litle more money available then we though. The rookie pool is done be for the final cap report on march 1st so losing the 1st round choice will free up a little $.

I really don't want Bromell back. He is better than Mixon, and look how much Mixon recieved from the Vikes. Plus the fact he is a dirty player, and he is not that great in the first place makes him a must "not sign".

I would love to get Metcalf even if it means trading away our 4th from this year.(Think about it, we'll probably get an extra 4th or 5th this year for compensation)

Back
Top Bottom