So, where do the Heat go from here? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

So, where do the Heat go from here?

Here's why UD will be back. 1) He's from Miami. 2) We're still going to give him $38 million. 3) He gets to play next to Shaq. 4) We gave him a shot after he was in France when no one else would (the loyalty factor). 5) His options look like they will include Atlanta. Nuff said.

Plus, he's an RFA, so unless someone breaks the bank on him, which is unlikely, he's not going to sign anywhere else.

This is the first time DJ has a guaranteed year worth some money in his career. He opted out of a contract once in an effort to find bigger money and almost ended his career. He'll be back. Dooling, I don't know...he might want bigger money or more playing time, something we might not be able to offer with Dorell coming into the picture.

RWhitney014 said:
Here's why UD will be back. 1) He's from Miami. 2) We're still going to give him $38 million. 3) He gets to play next to Shaq. 4) We gave him a shot after he was in France when no one else would (the loyalty factor). 5) His options look like they will include Atlanta. Nuff said.

Plus, he's an RFA, so unless someone breaks the bank on him, which is unlikely, he's not going to sign anywhere else.

This is the first time DJ has a guaranteed year worth some money in his career. He opted out of a contract once in an effort to find bigger money and almost ended his career. He'll be back. Dooling, I don't know...he might want bigger money or more playing time, something we might not be able to offer with Dorell coming into the picture.

I agree; he has enhanced value here because of the personnel surrounding him. His shortcomings (height for the postion, mainly) would hurt him more in another system. On the flip side, his strengths are augmented by playing here; he will be more productive than elsewhere, and compete for a championship every season with this team.

Back
Top Bottom