So who else here has to remove all glass objects from the room during a Phins game? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

So who else here has to remove all glass objects from the room during a Phins game?

Fin-Loco

Grilling Chicken Little
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Obviously everyone here likes/loves/breathes/sleeps the Miami Dolphins (except for all of you Buffalo, Pats, and Jets fans who need to stop piling up thousands of posts on our website and go to your own teams supportive sites). I'm curious to see who watches a game like I do in that after a loss you almost need to call a maid service.

Case in point: 62-7 against JAX Dan's last game. I tore my #13 jersey from collar to hem in one move and then called in sick for three days.

Loss to Raiders in Playoffs in '02?: Punched hole in wall in apt and then took two days off of work lying on floor drinking 2 cases of beer while talking to myself.

4 int's against Chiefs in'02 puched hole in bathroom wall.

Against Bucs in '01 when they hurt Lamar and Fiedler: stood up on the bar in ST. Pete and announced to an entire bar of Bucs fan's "The bucs can lick my b@lls!" Then I was chased out into the parking lot where I got into my car and sprayed 6 bucs fans with gravel (with headlights off) and gave them all the finger.

Meltdown in the meadowlands: Sat open mouth staring at blank tv screen until 6 in the morning and then hit the heavy bag until both hands were bleeding.

What angry moments have you guys had?

my wife tries not to be there on game day and knows not to talk to me after a loss lol
whats really bad is when its a night game and the dolphins lose because i don't have much time to recover before i go to bed so it lingers all night.

Excellent post!

RICKYSABEAST said:
Obviously everyone here likes/loves/breathes/sleeps the Miami Dolphins (except for all of you Buffalo, Pats, and Jets fans who need to stop piling up thousands of posts on our website and go to your own teams supportive sites). I'm curious to see who watches a game like I do in that after a loss you almost need to call a maid service.

Case in point: 62-7 against JAX Dan's last game. I tore my #13 jersey from collar to hem in one move and then called in sick for three days.

Loss to Raiders in Playoffs in '02?: Punched hole in wall in apt and then took two days off of work lying on floor drinking 2 cases of beer while talking to myself.

Against Bucs in '01 when they hurt Lamar and Fiedler: stood up on the bar in ST. Pete and announced to an entire bar of Bucs fan's "The bucs can lick my b@lls!" Then I was chased out into the parking lot where I got into my car and sprayed 6 bucs fans with gravel (with headlights off) and gave them all the finger.

Meltdown in the meadowlands: Sat open mouth staring at blank tv screen until 6 in the morning and then hit the heavy bag until both hands were bleeding.

:roflmao: :lol:

I go to a dolphins fan club Bar. There are about 150 screaming fans. It is easier to deal with losses with other people to feel your pain.

Yeah, I have a Beenie Baby Dan Marino bear that I hold on to during games now. Before I use to hold the remote during games (gotta love NFL Sunday Ticket), but I would get mad and through the remote....2 remotes later and 1 broken picture frame, I know have a Beenie!!! :)

I think Rickysabeast might be a canidate for an anger management class. :yell: Only joking :D . I don't get that upset like I used too, but the beer flows alot more after a loss :cry:

RICKYSABEAST said:

It took you two days to drink two cases of beer? j/k

My wife, kids, and dog definitely leave the room and usually leave the house. My 10-year old is a Dolphins fan and he will not watch games with me. My dog is usually under the bed shaking.

I usually watch games alone. I'm just not someone you want to be around when the game is not going well.

The most pissed off I have every been was the last two games of 2002. Especially the NE game. When Travis Minor failed to field the kickoff and Mark Royals shanked the punt, I almost went ballistic.

I kept yelling "HOW CAN YOU NOT FIELD A KICKOFF!!!!" and "MARK ROYALS SUCKS!!!!"

Last year I didn't get NFL Sunday ticket (after having it for 3 years). SUndays were alot calmer......Unfortunately, I monitored the games on ESPN.com and found myself clicking refresh on my web browser every 2 seconds while screaming at the computer screen..... "GOD DAMN IT! BLOCK SOMEBODY!"

I used to be a real yeller, loud enough that the neighborhood knew if the phins won or lost after the game ended, they didn't need to watch. Then I had kids......I had my infant son sleeping on me the entire playoff win against the colts. Didn't scream once, but it looked like i was having convulsions as my face contorted with every play. Thank God for Lamar saving that game and my health for a week.
I watched the whole Jax debacle very silently. My wife actually took my son and left the house for that game after she figured out what was going on. I was mostly sad for Dan, going out that way. So now I am not so much of a yeller or screamer, (most of the time), I keep it inside and then go to the gym afterwards. Some of my best workouts are after phin losses. I am hoping for not too many good workouts this season.

RICKYSABEAST said:

You know they have support groups for people like you! :spank: :hug: :bandwagon :vault: :lurk: :gossip:

RICKYSABEAST...you sir, are a true inspiration to the kind of dedicated fan I want to become. I can't tell you that I've drunk myself into a stupor or ripped apart a jersey (thats teetering on being sacriliegious or something), but I did miss school the day after the meltdown in the Meadowlands. That game had me stunned the entire day, I just kept reading the article and watching ESPN in disbelief.

Maybe this type of behavior isn't right, maybe we should see help, maybe we're developing problems. But, who cares? I got Phin Fever and it ain't goin no where, thats one sickness I want to have as long as I live.

GO PHINZ! :woot:

HIDE THE GLASS! :roflmao:

I didn't do anything physical, however the loss to NE in 2002 caused me to literally hate football. In fact I just started to into football after last season. I have loved football since I can remember.

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
I didn't do anything physical, however the loss to NE in 2002 caused me to literally hate football. In fact I just started to into football after last season. I have loved football since I can remember.

I know what you mean I was at that game in December and I almost got in a few fights leaving that game!
:fire: :m83: :saberfigh

I still sported my Ricky jersey proud leaving though! :D

I will tell you this my wife knows not to mess with me during a fins game definitely if we lose or are losing. I yell and scream and get an attitude as well. I live by Jax and had tickets to the game but did not go because my father had just passed away the day before. That game was probably the most difficult for me as a fan and was the worst week of my life. I watched the Seattle game in the ICU waiting room. My brother in law is a big Denver fan and will no longer watch football with me. My sister and him got married in 1984 and I yelled a screamed so much in a game versus the Raiders he said he would never watch football with me again.

Gary Miles said:
I think Rickysabeast might be a canidate for an anger management class. :yell: Only joking :D . I don't get that upset like I used too, but the beer flows alot more after a loss :cry:

I took an anger management class. Well part of one at least. F@cking @sshole Doctor p!ssed me off and I left. He had told us to write down three things that make us angry. So I wrote down JETs, Patriots, and Bills. He asked me why they make me angry. I said because they suck and get in the Dolphins way. He said "well what should you do to change that?" I said "Tell them to eat a bag of galic mashed ****?" ANd he sentenced mew to timeout...? WTF? I got up and told him to eat a bag of garlic mashed **** too and left! It was back when I was in High School. I still feel the same way but I'm a little more adult about voicing it.

Phinz4Life said:
RICKYSABEAST...you sir, are a true inspiration to the kind of dedicated fan I want to become. I can't tell you that I've drunk myself into a stupor or ripped apart a jersey (thats teetering on being sacriliegious or something), but I did miss school the day after the meltdown in the Meadowlands. That game had me stunned the entire day, I just kept reading the article and watching ESPN in disbelief.

Maybe this type of behavior isn't right, maybe we should see help, maybe we're developing problems. But, who cares? I got Phin Fever and it ain't goin no where, thats one sickness I want to have as long as I live.
Phinz, welcome to my world baby. In my living room I'm the 12th man on D and O. By my math I live 8760 hours a year. About 1/3rd of that sleeping:2920 hours. This means I'm awake 5,840 hours a year. Of that The Phins average 20 games a year over the last ten years (three pre-season, 16 regular season and one post-season (though this year it'll be 23 games total with the SB)). The average game is 3 hours so that means 60 hours or 2.666667 of my awake year is devoted to watching the phins.

Man I'm spending this minute fraction of my year not missing a single play. Watching the games at force factor five like Chuck Yaegar on speed. Like a comet hurtling through space, like a Patriots fan chasing after those Queer Eye for the Straight guy no offense ***s no offense. There is a warning that has been uttered to my wife, friends, family and invisible friend named chuckles: If you're gonna watch the game with me then you're gonna live the game with me! Either root for the Phins or go find something else to do for the next three hours. And no matter what, don't try to calm me down or ever utter the phrase "it's just a game"!

The good new is this year everything will be everything. We'll face the Bills, Pats, and Jets and kick them to sleep!

Mod Note: The derogatory references about sexual orientation violate the house rules. Yell your heart out, throw **** at the tv, express yourself fully... but don't violate the house rules. Thanks.

P4E

Back
Top Bottom