So who's on the trading block next year? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

So who's on the trading block next year?

Sorry to say it, but it's going to be Zach. He just doesn't fit Saban style of defense. We should keep this in mind and be sure to appreciate him this season.

i wouldnt be surprised if he had a press conference next offseason and said, " ok yes the rumore are true, i do have the miami dolphins defense on the trading block, yes the whole defense!"..." what whats that, oh yes we would have to have adequete draft choices yes well go by the chart!"

Anthony3454 said:
Sorry to say it, but it's going to be Zach. He just doesn't fit Saban style of defense. We should keep this in mind and be sure to appreciate him this season.

Sure Zach doesnt have the size Saban likes but he has many intangibles Saban loves, just wait after Saban sees the heart this guy has. I bet you that after playing for him for a year Zach wont be going anywhere.

I am not sure of the cap implications, but I would not be suprised to see Seau and Bowens plus at least 1 O-Lineman gone this year. Next years cuts might be severe.

lilcubanphinfan said:
i wouldnt be surprised if he had a press conference next offseason and said, " ok yes the rumore are true, i do have the miami dolphins defense on the trading block, yes the whole defense!"..." what whats that, oh yes we would have to have adequete draft choices yes well go by the chart!"

why are you dissing saban? he's a defensive wizard and you're lilcubanphan from chicago :rolleyes: trading surtain was a move we had to make! we trade him now, or get nothing for him.

True, Zach doesn't have ideal size for saban, but Saban will love zach because zach is a bulldog and a leader and coaches appreciate that. The guy saban will wave bye bye to next year, in my opinion, very easily will be madison. Saban loves big corners who can tackle and play mixed coverages. Sam is short, who is the worst tackler in the history of the nfl.. who can only play Bump and Run. When Pat went to the probowl and we were all over surtain and madison started getting a little worse, what did he do? He bitched about it on the radio. I can't see Madison staying much longer, and i really don't think he'll want to.. i think he and nick will be at odds from the start.. "wha u mean u want me to play cover 2?!.. sam plays bump-run, thats it son... got that?!"

Saban : You're Fired! :fire: got that?

:lol:

I think next year Howard and Seau are released. DE Bowens may be released this year or this will most likely be his last year and DT Bowens may be playing his last year here.
Madison may stay depending on whether he shall keep his skills.

I would never trade JT this year or next year. I think Zach Thomas will play here this year and next year.

Calgaryfin said:
The only problem with the SYSTEM being used by New England ,Miami and Cleveland is that great players are not needed, only players that fit your system.

As a great hockey coach once said, ""I have never seen a system that great players can't beat". I think Nick needs to think about that a little.
Ask Peyton Manning how thats working out.

Calgaryfin said:
The only problem with the SYSTEM being used by New England ,Miami and Cleveland is that great players are not needed, only players that fit your system.

As a great hockey coach once said, ""I have never seen a system that great players can't beat". I think Nick needs to think about that a little.

That works in sports where there are only 5 or 6 people each team on the court/field.

Whether it is cuts or traded between now and next offseason this is my projected cuts traded players

cuts- Seau, Zgonina, ST Claire, Tim Bowens (Retire)

Traded- David Bowens, Zack Thomas, possibly Madison.

Taylor and Madison will be kept. Madison only until Saban gets a new CB maybe next years draft.

Philly and Indy couldn't beat a great system. That comment doesn't apply to Football.

I also remember Saban stating one thing he learned from Bellichek was how much Bellichek regretted holding on to certain veterans too long and lost their value.

Face it Saban has no ties to any of these players. He will make this team young. We have won nothing with this defense so therefor I have no problem with any of them being traded. They are all great players but it is time to move on get younger and start a new era.

Everyone on this board just about wanted to start a new era under Saban. Guess what, a new era doesn't just mean a new coach!!! Get used to it.

Calgaryfin said:

Yeah, but system wins 3 out of 4 ;)

Back
Top Bottom