So, why is Freeman acting like a sour puss? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

So, why is Freeman acting like a sour puss?

XoPhinsoX

No More Injuries, Please ;).
Reaction score
What does everyone think about Freeman acting like he has sand in his vagina because he's the backup role? He knew there was going to be competetion for the spot, he lost it.

:confused:

Originally posted by XoPhinsoX
What does everyone think about Freeman acting like he has sand in his vagina because he's the backup role? He knew there was going to be competetion for the spot, he lost it.

:confused:

Because he wants to get paid next year.:eek:

What do you mean

Freeman is in a contract year, I'm not sure of his age I think it's 27 but don't quote me on it. If Freeman doesn't see much playing time, it reduces the chances of him getting a big payday. So he could lose millions of dollars, because of lack of exposure. And as we all know in Football players are one play away from ending their career, so this could really have an impact on not only his immediate career, but also his long term career and even his future. I would be pissed too. This is a business, and the only thing I can say in the Dolphins defense, is he had his opportunity, he should have seized it then.

It sucks but that the business

Freeman is whining because he fairly lost his starting job to Knight. Freeman may want a trade, but he is garbage so if he starts it isn't like he is going to play well enough to get a nice contract.

Guys, he is not whining. He is just frustrated with his situation. He could be starting somewhere else. And it's a contract year with millions hanging in the balance. That's a tough pill to swallow for a young player in that situation. Put yourself in his shoes.

Understandably, they asked about a trade. Wanny said no. And that's going to be the end of it. He will be fine.

He isn't whining. Please show me a link to where HE is whining. But yes it is frustrating..seeing millions of dollars possibly pass you...I think I would be frustated too. Like Muck said, he will be just fine.

I think Wanny needs to let him know that he is the primary backup to both safety positions. Depending on how either of the starter's play, he very well could be inserted back into the starting lineu. Furthermore, Marion's age and contract are getting up there and could be a victim of the cut or not being resigned at the end of the year ( I can't remember if he is a free agent or not after the season).

However, I think if this team wins and wins big, Freeman and anyone else who is frustrated wil feel better. Well, I will anyways :lol:

Marion has like 3 years left in his contract. People are saying he will be cut this year. Doubtful....with Freeman going to look for another team, they won't cut Marion.

Think for a minute

t's not ALL about money. Do you really want players on your team who say it's OK to be second best? Thank God for this player wanting to be the best and being unhappy about coming in second. It will make the guy in front of him take notice.

Prime Time, Marions contract is most likely backloaded, which means there is no way in hell Miami keeps him at th rate he is due in the ifnal years of his contract. I am sure someone (clumped) can fill in the particulars, but I seriously doubt Marion sees the end of this current contract, if it indeed has three years left.

That is why I find in pertinent to try and keep Freeman happy. He seems to play better at free safety rather than strong safety, and very well could be the succesor for Brock soon.

Mandich made a good point just now. He said something to the effect of (paraphrasing).....

"He'll get his chance (Freeman). Right now, you need to worry about making yourself a better play. The personel guys around the league see and notice this....when a player runs away from competition. Things got tough and you wanted out".

I don't know if Jim considered the financial side of things when he said that. Maybe he did. But either way, it's just another way to look at this thing. And he makes a good point.

I totally did not understand Muck's above post.

Dolphins will keep Marion for at least another year...then maybe shop around for a FS or draft one. Freeman will be looking for another job next year on a different team, so we will have no choice but to keep Marion next year.

Muck said....."freeman is making noise about such and such but he should be thinking about talking like a good guy not washing bannanas in the fountain."....and I agree.

Originally posted by Prime Time
He isn't whining. Please show me a link to where HE is whining. But yes it is frustrating..seeing millions of dollars possibly pass you...I think I would be frustated too. Like Muck said, he will be just fine.

He is whining.

He lost the battle fair and square.

Instead of accepting his role and making a vow to get better (I.E. learning how to be a leader even when things aren't going your way) he's airing his frustration in the media ( he's doing it subtly yes but he is still bringing it to the forefront) and asking for a trade. That is a bad sign of a guy in my opinion who can't take strong competition. He has folded. I say trade him and get rid of him. It's not like he's fallen 2 levels down the depth chart. He's in the backup role and is being given the message that "hey you are just not ready yet so buckle down and get better"
Instead he seems to be pouting like a lil boy who dosen't get picked for a pick up game in the street.

BAD ATTITUDE

Back
Top Bottom