So you want to draft a WR in the 1st round eh? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

So you want to draft a WR in the 1st round eh?

super_slash

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
7 N.Y. Giants Ike Hilliard WR Florida
15 Miami Yatil Green WR Miami
16 Tampa Bay Reidel Anthony WR Flor
27 Carolina Rae Carruth WR Colorado

16 Tennessee Kevin Dyson WR Utah
30 Denver Marcus Nash WR Tennessee

13 Pittsburgh Troy Edwards WR Louisiana Tech

4 Cincinnati Peter Warrick WR Florida State
10 Baltimore Travis Taylor WR Florida
21 Kansas City Sylvester Morris WR Jackson State
29 Jacksonville R. Jay Soward WR Southern California

8 Chicago David Terrell WR Michigan
15 Washington Rod Gardner WR Clemson
25 Philadelphia Freddie Mitchell WR UCLA

3 Houston Andre Johnson WR Miami
17 Arizona Bryant Johnson WR Penn State

you forgott

2- Charlie Rogers

but on a side note you should note 2002 and 2004 draft class too.

I would say at least 70 % are busts, it sucks

I got a clue listening to Pat Kirwan on NFL Radio

he said a veteran WR coach told him he doesn't want a 4.4 guy, he wants a 4.5 guy who gets in and out of his breaks quickly

Anquan Boldin is the poster child for this

Santonio Holmes is a 4.2 guy that gets in and out of his breaks in a hurry.

I think scouts are afraid to miss out on a guy who has great measureables, while the position coach really knows what he needs

there are so many positions where the 40 yard dash means jack **** and yet that is the only stat that is regularily available

the media experts covering this should be comparing and contrasting the measurables that matter most to each position

I heard Mayock refer to better measureables(like a shuttle for a CB) but he doesn't quote any times for these

I'm curious to know how many times JT ran 40 yards to sack a QB

Sorry, I forgot about all the Pro-Bowls he went to

his stats were dazzling last year

super_slash said:
I dunno, he's close

He was just injured last year. He had a pro bowl year in his second year, and nearly had 1000 yards his rookie year. He's anything but a bust.

you're right, he is not a bust

sorry

if Houston gets their OL together, the kid will be back to form

I dont want to draft a WR myself, but I dont understand what this shows. Alot of first round players fail to live up to expectations at every position. I've yet to see anything that suggests 1st round WRs bust at a higher rate then any other position.

I think in the end it won't matter about Wr's in the 1st rd cause they proble wont go in that direction. i would love to see someone like Holmes on this team as a 3rd Wr with speed for a year or two and filling in for Booker when he gets hurts. I think he reminds me of a young Joey Galloaway a lot. great speed, even better hands and im sure by year 3 of his tenure on the nfl will be great at running routes.

Back
Top Bottom