Some encouraging opinions about Miami draftees | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Some encouraging opinions about Miami draftees

JJ777

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Looked over the SN Pro Football Draft guide for Miami's picks and here is some interesting info/opinion that may have not been posted.

Best of OTs:
Best Weight Room Strength: Tony Pape, Michigan
Benched 390lbs and threw the shot put 53ft in HS

Best of OGs:
Best Run Blocker: Vernon Carey, Miami (Fl.)
Carey's massive size and punishing style had a lot to do with the success of former Miami running backs Clinton Portis and Willis McGahee.

Best Pass Blocker: Rex Hadnot, Houston
His skills might not transfer over to the NFL game, but he allowed just one sack in his first two seasons as a starter, covering more than 800 pass attempts.

Best of CBs:
Best Press Technique: Will Poole, USC
Will excel at getting in bigger receivers' faces and taking them out of their routes at the line.

Thanks for the info. Its early, but I hope this means Rick did his homework. I cant wait until we get these guys on the field to see what they can do. I'm pumped!

thats real cool...got some good guys....i think will poole is just inconsistent in press, because some guys evaluate him as a cover 2 zone guy not good at press, others evaluate him as a good press bump n run basically designed for miami's system. To mea that means he's just inconsistent, has the ability needs to learn the technique or be consistent not get flustered.

5 game stretch not allowing a single reception. Phenomenal.

Lets hope Carey fulfills his potential at RT not RG.

ck,

In the cover 2, the corners press at the line. The main difference between Miami's style and the cover 2 style of the Buccaneers is that the Bucs don't ask their corners to play man. So, at about 7-10 yards in the cover 2, the corner will release the receiver and the safety picks him up. The corner's responsibility is then the flats. That's in the cover 2 zone.

In Miami's cover 2 man under, the corners play man on the outside receivers, and the outside linebackers play man in the flats. The corners don't release off the receiver unless they are instinctively jumping a route ahead of them. In both schemes, the safeties have the over the top deep half responsibility.

I think the reports of these guys that think Poole will be a cover 2 zone guy are based on his poor showing in the forty, and they don't think he can turn and run with the receiver.

Our picks are sort of like a new blind date. If she doesnt look so good at first, then you drink a beer or talk to her. Then you take her to bed and boom she is awsome. Suddenly the average looks at first seem to not be so bad when you find out her talents. Dolfanreal69

If Pape can come in and play RT I know he probably wont play this year but, this could be the FO telling McIntosh that he better get it done or we will show him and his back ended contract the door. If Pape pushes McIntosh to be a good player then we move Carey inside to RG and folks we have a good OL. With the team we have I think it will be next year but I think we are looking at a SB contender. I think our OL will be better than last years, but I still think they will be just above average. Now next year with a year together....WATCH OUT.

I think that Pape and Carey are both better at RT than at RG.But Carey can play guard better than Pape imo and I don't want a 6'7 guard blocking the trowing lanes so if we're gonna get these 2 guys starting at the same time then Carey would have to play RG and I think that'd give us the best 5 guys along with Smith,James and Seth.

Ozzy rules!!

Back
Top Bottom