some funny april fools fodder | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

some funny april fools fodder

ltfinfan

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
this was from the Pft website

VIKES TO PULL A REVERSE HERSCHEL

In a mirror-image of their 1989 blockbuster trade for Cowboys running back Herschel Walker, the Minnesota Vikings are close to trading receiver Randy Moss to the Arizona Cardinals for a truckload of picks and players, including the No. 3 overall pick in this month's draft, according to a source close to Moss.

The Vikings undoubtedly would try to replace Moss by taking the best available receiver with the No. 3 pick, and they're surely hoping that local product Larry Fitzgerald is available after the Chargers and Raiders use the first and second picks, respectively.

The Vikings also would get the Cardinals' second-round and third-round picks in 2004, along with their first-rounder and third-rounder in 2005 and the Cards' second-round and third-round picks in 2006.

Arizona defensive end Calvin Pace, the team's second first-rounder in 2003, and linebacker Gerald Hayes, the 2003 third-rounder, likewise will trade crimson for purple once the deal is done.

The move reunites Moss with Denny Green, who nabbed the receiver after he plunged through the first round of the 1998 draft, falling behind guys like Ryan Leaf, Andre Wadsworth, Curtis Enis, Duane Starks, Jason Peter, Kevin Dyson, Robert Edwards, Vonnie Holliday, and Terry Fair. As a rookie, Moss fueled the Vikes to a 15-1 record and a coulda-woulda-shoulda Super Bowl berth that crashed to earth after kicker Gary Anderson hooked a game-clinching field goal against the Falcons.

SANDERS RAVEN FOR BALTIMORE?

A league source tells us that "retired" Lions running back Barry Sanders, who'll enter the Hall of Fame in August, has advised the Baltimore Ravens through intermediaries that, if the indictment of Jamal Lewis on drug charges results in a conviction or otherwise renders him unavailable to play, Sanders would be willing to come out of retirement to tote the pigskin once again.

Sanders, per the source, is smitten with the Ravens' oversized offensive line, and he believes that he could churn out another 2,000-yard season if he were to return.

Sure, he's been out of the game for five full seasons -- but that means he's healthy and rested. Talent was never an issue for Sanders, who arguably was/is the best running back in the history of the game, given his ankle-breaking agility and ability to avoid taking the big hit.

But if he comes back, it will only be for the Ravens -- not the Lions or anyone else. And it will only happen if Baltimore's current 2,000 man, Jamal Lewis, isn't available.

MILLEN JUMPS TO RAIDERS

Raiders owner Al Davis is continuing his tweaking of the team's front office with former Raiders players by luring Lions president/CEO Matt Millen from Motown. Millen will replace Bruce Allen, who left Oakland for the Buccaneers after the 2003 season.

Although the Lions have continued to upgrade the roster in the 2004 offseason, Millen's position hardly has been secure. He was hired by the Lions prior to the 2001 season, and the team has been horrendous in his three seasons at the helm. Millen also has been a source of controversy, drawing a six-figure fine for violating the minority hiring guidelines in early 2003 and for calling Chiefs receiver Johnnie Morton a "******" after the regular-season meeting between Detroit and K.C.

Technically, it's not a termination, but a "mutual decision" by Millen and the Lions to part ways.

"I'm a Raider," Millen said. "Once a Raider, always a Raider. Mr. Ford understands that, and to his credit he didn't stand in my way."

Then again, Millen's departure allows the Lions to avoid paying Millen his overblown salary in 2004 and 2005, the final two seasons of a five-year, $20 million deal. Millen declined to address his deal with the Raiders, which is believed to be a three-year package.

"It's less than what I made in Detroit," he said, "but it's a helluvalot more money than an overgrown cement-head reasonably can expect to make in any other line of work, that's for sure."

APRIL 1 (AHEM) ONE-LINERS

Redskins LB LaVar Arrington has withdrawn his grievance against the team for a $6.5 million roster bonus that the team supposedly snuck out of his contract.

As wrestler Brock Lesnar continues to troll for an NFL gig, ABC has hired George "The Animal" Steele to dispose of John Madden's table scraps.

The NFL owners wrapped up their annual meetings by naming Carl and Kevin Poston agents of the year.

Raiders DT Ted Washington signed a two-year endorsement deal with Soap-On-A-Rope, Inc.

The Steelers have re-signed Kordell Stewart to a one-year contract to play defensive back; "With all the interceptions he's thrown over the years," coach Bill Cowher said, "we figure he must be a natural."

Though ESPN canceled its "Playmakers" series, the writers of the doomed show have used the scripts they had prepared for the scuttled second season as the basis for an unauthorized biography of Browns running back William Green.

In order to make the broadcast rights package more enticing to the networks in the next round of negotiations, the owners will consider dipping the ball in grain alcohol and lighting it on fire prior to every kickoff.

The Saints have announced that they'll replace their familiar "fleur-de-lis" logo with a symbol better suited to the team's history -- our suggestion is the "flaming sack of poo."

Hoping to inject a more "NFL Films" feel into its programming, the NFL Network is providing training to all talking heads on the fine art of periodically looking completely away from the camera while speaking, a la Steve Sabol.

Profootball talk draft links guru Dante Aligheri is a finalist for the capologist gig in Tampa, where he'd also serve as DT Darrell Russell's personal camera man.

I read that and thought, oo interesting. Then I remembered what day today is. I HATE TODAY!!!

Originally posted by Dol-Fan Dupree
I read that and thought, oo interesting. Then I remembered what day today is. I HATE TODAY!!!

yeah it got me at first too until i read the whole thing about moss
that was a little too much to give up for him:lol:

I figured it out on the Millen jumping to Oakland. That didn't make a lick of sense.

Back
Top Bottom