Some guys on the bubble | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Some guys on the bubble

I thought Lucas sucked. Great arm but routinely put the ball behind his man would it have been a big gainer if he'd have put it in stride.

Warner always hits his man in stride that's why they make big plays like they do.

Lucas had no touch on short passes and just fired it in there to them.

Lucas does have potential and he made me less nervous if he must play, but he needs to learn to show some touch and let his man catch the ball.

Lucas sucked?? What game were you watching?? He hit everybody in stride.

Yeah, he still needs touch. But he wasn't asked to throw a lot of short passes. He played a great game doing what was asked of him.

11-15....136 yds....TD...0 INTs...0 sacks....123.19 QB rating. Not bad at all.

Well I watching him thorw a bad pass in the end zone. Which if he'd led his man would have been a TD. I was watching when he threw a bullet on a screen that would have been a big gainer if he'd shown some touch.

On a crossing route he threw it behind his man hwho had to stop momentum and turn to catch it. He threw a sideline route short and the WR had to reach out and make the catch.(once again stopping his momentum) I saw him make three nice throws, 4 average ones and the others were off in some way.

Originally posted by SMadison29
You can throw Jeff Ogden's name on there too. He didnt play many offensive plays, but he dropped a pass.

I didnt see ogden drop one. but if he did. i dont think it was bad or one that pissed wanny off. face it people. ogden has a better chance of making this team than Baker on down. basically cus he is clutch when we need an unsuspecting reciever at teh goaline and he returns punts well, even though he has fumbled and dropped a few, he always makes up for it. I think Baker will get some reps at PR and KR and if he shows, he will be a good one. i actually think we should trade mcnight if we see out of baker what we saw last night and ward stays healthy. but i dont see that happening either. everyone is playing well!

Originally posted by Muck
THE TURK IS LIKELY COMING FOR THESE GUYS
.....based on what we've seen thus far

LB Justin Seaverns
His intensity might be like Zach's, but he's nowhere as quick or as good a tackler. He missed an easy tackle on Travis Stephens. And he was very slow in run support. The feel-good story is ending.

LB Josh Symonette
Special teams penalty and boneheaded plays hurt him last night.

TE Alonzo Mayes
Didn't show much. Could have flattened Greg Spires on a Kustok run. But he went up high and ended up going backwards. We'll likely suffer injuries to the spot. But Mayes is dead weight at this point. I guess I won't say he'll be cut. Just that he stands a good chance to be.

QB Zack Kustok
Just doesn't have the arm strength.

S Trent Gamble
Gamble was largely responsible for the Bucs kickoff return for TD. Scott McGarrahan already does what Gamble does. Plus Gamble's shoulder's are a concern. Lastly, JASON MOORE has looked solid thus far AT SAFETY. Seaverns might have gotten credit for causing the fumble of Travis Stephens. But Moore was the one who delivered the big hit to loosen him up.

DT James Atkins
Henry Taylor and Ernest Grant are playing a notch or two above Atkins for the final DT spot.

WR Sam Simmons
Baker and Ogden are locked into battle at #5. Both men are playing well. Simmons' rookie status certainly plays a part. Baker and Ogden are veterans and know so much more about the pro game. And it shows.

WR Albert Johnson
Johnson has played pretty well at WR. And he has looked pretty good on kick returns. He has recovered nicely from that ACL. But again, Baker and Ogden are at the top of the list.

Let us not forget, though, that guys like Simmons and Atkins will see a lot more time vs NO and other games. So they'll get their chances to make an impact.

i agree with everything muck except about severns. i saw the missed tackle. i also saw zach miss one too. i also saw about twenty other guys throughout the night miss tackles. IMO, severns would be much better if he had to play with the first team. is he zach thomas? no way, but all he has to do is be a backup, which leads me to Hendricks, he didnt look good or wasnt seen at all much( i havent noticed him playing as much as severns)

Originally posted by Phinstd
I thought Lucas sucked. Great arm but routinely put the ball behind his man would it have been a big gainer if he'd have put it in stride.

Warner always hits his man in stride that's why they make big plays like they do.

Lucas had no touch on short passes and just fired it in there to them.

Lucas does have potential and he made me less nervous if he must play, but he needs to learn to show some touch and let his man catch the ball.

allright, your cut off. take your last drink and get the hell out of here! lol J/K. Lucas put the ball on the money and on stride with baker and the TD pass was good too. Ward and him hooked up very well in tight spots. if you dont like Lucas just say so but you lose credibility when you call it all wrong. sometimes a QB has to throw it behind so it goes right through the defense on the crossing patterns. which is what i saw more of from kustok.

Originally posted by Muck
Lucas sucked?? What game were you watching?? He hit everybody in stride.

Yeah, he still needs touch. But he wasn't asked to throw a lot of short passes. He played a great game doing what was asked of him.

11-15....136 yds....TD...0 INTs...0 sacks....123.19 QB rating. Not bad at all.

man muck, you really throw those qb ratings in there! i like that!

Originally posted by Phinstd
Well I watching him thorw a bad pass in the end zone. Which if he'd led his man would have been a TD. I was watching when he threw a bullet on a screen that would have been a big gainer if he'd shown some touch.

On a crossing route he threw it behind his man hwho had to stop momentum and turn to catch it. He threw a sideline route short and the WR had to reach out and make the catch.(once again stopping his momentum) I saw him make three nice throws, 4 average ones and the others were off in some way.

hey even joe montana threw bad ones. the key is not to throw int's. especially when your down by the goaline.

Okay, that "bad pass in the end zone" to Dyer was very close. I wouldn't call it a BAD pass. Bad pass would have been way off or intercepted. Coverage was tight. It should have been a foot or two ahead. But then again, he was throwing to Deon Dyer. Calling it a sure touchdown is also a stretch. Plus, the throw was made on the run. That's a tough throw to make.

That screen pass (which I acknowledged *touch*) wasn't a bullet. That's an exaggeration. Should have been softer and a little higher, but it wasn't un catchable.

On the crossing route to Baker, Baker turned to catch it. But he didn't have to break momentum. He was still running across the field. Not a perfect throw. But it was a good one. WR was still being led.

The only sideline route I can figure would be the out to McKnight. Once again, the WR didn't break momentum. He stretched, yes. But I guess our definition of "momentum" is different. The pass got 9 yards on 2nd and 10. The throw itself covered 30 yards. And this pass is "horrible" in your book?? Wow.

Dude, how can you say his performance "sucked"???? Jeezus your standards are high. You expect every throw to be perfect. I think you've got a big Marino hangover.

Originally posted by finfan54

i agree with everything muck except about severns. i saw the missed tackle. i also saw zach miss one too. i also saw about twenty other guys throughout the night miss tackles. IMO, severns would be much better if he had to play with the first team. is he zach thomas? no way, but all he has to do is be a backup, which leads me to Hendricks, he didnt look good or wasnt seen at all much( i havent noticed him playing as much as severns)

Hendricks looked much better against the Bucs over the weekend. He's got good speed. Much better than Seaverns. And he's good in pass coverage. Hendricks's is also a solid ST'er.

The reason you haven't seen Hendricks much was because DW knows what he's got in Tommy for the most part. Seaverns is still running with the third team. He's just too late getting there on a lot of plays. Seaverns is getting noticed because his bio has been in the press a lot.

EDIT - I must mention that Hendricks will likely see a lot of time in the next few games.

Maybe sucked was to much. But great? I think that is over too.

Let's not forget Baker had to make a great catch on that deep one as well.

I don't think a single one of us would have called it a drop if he'd missed it. If it's not a drop and he's open, than it must be a bad pass.

Lucas is an ok backup, but I wouldn't want him starting.

Back
Top Bottom