Some Info On Rader | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Some Info On Rader

First post (I think). I actually went to high school with this guy and going into college he was thought of as one of the top 5 tight ends in the country.

He ended up going to Georgia where he was behind Randy McMichael and another all-star tight end so he never got any playing time. Transferred to Marshall after a few years and I'm not sure how he did there.

The talent is there, but it's hard to say whether or not it's developed because of his college career.

He may prove to be a better blocker than either Lee or McMichael. He could be used for all blocking assignments and release McMichael on every play. Wouldn't that be scary?

Dont forget that this guy had 60 receptions in two years at Marshall

That is not a shabby number for a college tight end. Who knows?

Lee2000

Last edited by a moderator:
Too many people forget that both Lienhen and Saban have used multiple tight ends in their offenses.

the most interesting thing about him was his interview.

his stating that the team will keep 4 and possibly even 5 TEs is news. If we keep 4 TEs on the acitve roster and 1 on the practice squad...do we keep only 4 WRs on the active roster?

One of the positions that I know we'll have less of is the FB spot. I think only Evans makes the active roster in that postion. Heck, in Minny last year, Linehan kept ZERO FBs on the roster. I know that Linehan doesn't use a traditional FB or TE they are mostly used as the hybrid H-back. I looked at Minnys roster and they had 7 TEs between the active and practice squads. Blah blah blah...all this means is that we're going to see some very different postion "carries" then what we've seen in the past.

there's no telling what the actual roster will look like until the 1st game.

Back
Top Bottom