Some Jordan Love...love | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Some Jordan Love...love

TraderJoe

FinHeaven VIP
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score

Thompson offered up that Mahomes comparison unprompted.

It's the same comparison we've been making for a few months, though warily. That's a lot to put on anyone, especially a young quarterback coming off a tough year with lofty high-round expectations in his near future. Thompson had no such concerns but with the caveat that Love, like Mahomes, lands in a stable environment that can nurture his development.

"In the right system -- an Andy Reid system or a Bill Belichick system -- he could dominate the game," Thompson said. "Jordan Love is a baller. He can play football."

He reminds me of Mahomes as well.

Not as gifted and not as advanced but with patience and good coaching i could see him becoming a star.

IF things don't work out at #5, or the Fins don't really like Tua/Herbert I would not be upset with Love at #18 and have him sit a year behind Fitz.

He is a bit of a projection/gamble but so are Tua/Herbert for different reasons.

Not as gifted and not as advanced but with patience and good coaching i could see him becoming a star.

IF things don't work out at #5, or the Fins don't really like Tua/Herbert I would not be upset with Love at #18 and have him sit a year behind Fitz.

He is a bit of a projection/gamble but so are Tua/Herbert for different reasons.
many mock draft have Love at Indie's 13.
So if they fail to pick Tua at 5, they have to pick Love at 5 or trade down around 10 and pick Love if possible.

many mock draft have Love at Indie's 13.
So if they fail to pick Tua at 5, they have to pick Love at 5 or trade down around 10 and pick Love if possible.

Love is a wild card. I doubt he'll be there at 18. The Mahomes qualities are similar enough that somebody is going to gamble early.

Colts make sense. That nonsense of relying on Jacoby Brissett last season was the opposite of a gamble. It was rationalization guaranteed to run into a regulator wall. Complimentary pieces mean nothing with a guy like that, not unless your goal is irrelevant middle of the pack.

I was actually hoping the Colts mirage would continue beyond midseason, so they would remain fooled. Didn't work.

I think he could go top 10.

Maybe someone could answer this. What are the intangibles for Love? Specifically, is he a leader? You certainly see that with Mahomes.

The physical skills with Love are obvious.

I spoke to Darwin Thompson about this Monday night at length.

Thompson is a big film watcher and has been for a long time. He told me that when he (Darwin) was coming out of the Utah State and into the draft, he used to watch Ameer Abdullah and when he would squint his eyes a little bit, he saw himself within Abdullah. And now that he's in Kansas City with Patrick Mahomes, he looks at Patrick and when he squints his eyes, he sees Jordan Love. He says it's the way they play the game, the way they carry themselves, their composure, poise in the pocket, and their arm. They act a whole lot alike, he said.

Darwin also said that Jordan is a big time student of the game and will have no trouble transitioning.

The one bit of separation he saw was that Patrick's arm is further along than Jordan's, but that Jordan will get to the same spot. He apparently echoed that sentiment to CBS when he noted that Mahomes is a JUGS machine.

He also emphasized to me that the loss of his entire offensive line was huge this year for Jordan, along with the loss of the staff. He said the OL was really the engine of the offense in 2018, and they were all gone.

I have to root for the kid, seems well grounded, likable and besides being super talented. His mother is a police officer, his father committed suicide when he was is high school.

I keep seeing write ups that suggest he doesn’t make reads well and forces throws to his primary which is concerning. That could possibly be due to the type of offense he is in or, might be a stretch, because his father wouldn’t let him play football until he was in high school.

CK I’m sure has a better answer.

There is a better story than this on his background but I can’t find it right now.

I re-watched some of the Senior Bowl practices yesterday and my god there were some beautiful throws in that from Love, that's not the concern though with him, we know he can zing it, it's that decision making that people will look at and want answers.

10 cent brain...you’ve never spoken to the man.

I remember hearing scouts talk about how Patrick Mahomes would have like 20 bad decisions in a single game. Here is the quote from an NFL scout.

“I don’t even think ‘gunslinger’ is the right word. He’s reckless. … I remember seeing (Brett) Favre in his bowl game his senior year. In that game he had three or four plays you thought were a little off the wall. Mahomes might have 20 plays in a game where you go, ‘What are you doing?’”

You would’ve said Mahomes had a 10 cent brain, too. But Bruce Arians said Mahomes was one of the four smartest players he ever put up on the board (two of the others being Peyton Manning and Andrew Luck, and he wouldn’t say the fourth).

Bad assumption to make about a player just because he threw interceptions on a team where he had to be everything, or else they were gonna get overwhelmed.

I remember hearing scouts talk about how Patrick Mahomes would have like 20 bad decisions in a single game. Here is the quote from an NFL scout.

You would’ve said Mahomes had a 10 cent brain, too. But Bruce Arians said Mahomes was one of the four smartest players he ever put up on the board (two of the others being Peyton Manning and Andrew Luck, and he wouldn’t say the fourth).

Bad assumption to make about a player just because he threw interceptions on a team where he had to be everything, or else they were gonna get overwhelmed.

[/QUOTE

We have to analyze the games and situations. A smart QB understands this - the goal is to win the game- how am I as the QB going to lead my team to score more points than the opposition after 60 minutes.

Sometimes it’s risk/ reward and the only path is high risk. I think we saw plenty of that from Love this past season.
Would you guys have been happier if his stats were 30 TDs/ 10 Ints with 20 garbage time TDs. Stat sheet doesn’t tell the entire story.

Also HIGH INT QBs come in different forms and diff QBs. Some Examples:
Rosen- failure to read Def- cracks.
Fitzpatrick - writes checks his arm can’t cash
Winston- wont throw it away under pressure- careless.
Marino- gunslinger - he will get you next time.
Favre- high risk Marino type.

IMO - you want to stay away from the Rosen- Fitzpatrick- Winston types.
Love doesn’t comp to Rosen and Fitzpatrick.
Does he have little Winston in him- it’s fair question.

Anyone who hasn't voted in the 2020 Site Awards, please cast your ballot soon! Voting ends at Noon EST and there is a tie for Rookie of the Year! Let your voice be heard!

Back
Top Bottom