Some of these guys may be in a Bills uniform next year! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Some of these guys may be in a Bills uniform next year!

Sniper

Your friendly neighborhood Bills fan
Reaction score
It is possible that one or more of these guys will be playing for Buffalo next year. I'm curious which one of these guys Fin fans would least like to see in Buffalo.

Takeo Spikes LB
Rosevelt Colvin LB
Vonnie Holliday DL
Cletdius Hunt DL
Hugh Douglas DL
Sammy Knight S

Anyone of them would instantly upgrade our defense...

Spikes and/or Colvin would make our LB corp one of the better in the league. Holliday, Hunt, or Douglas would disruptive. They would instantly make our below average DL into an average to above average DL. Sammy Knight in our backfiled along with Clements and Winfield would be a nightmare for most QBs...

Next year we will be 17 million under the cap... so it is possible that 2 or 3 of these guys will be here!

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think you will get any of them, but I really wouldn't like to see Spikes on your squad.

Colvin is a very real possibility. Spikes is too if he doesn't get tagged.

The Bills have to upgrade the DL, so Holliday, Hunt, and Douglas are also possibilities. Holliday may be a little too expensive.

Sammy Knight... I think the Bills have to look for a good safety this season. I'd love to see him here.

I just had a mental image of Spikes in a fins uniform lined up outside of Zach thomas and behind JT...

I need a cigarette now. :D

Most of these guys had good seasons, they'll want a lot of money and whoever signs them will most likely over pay them(See Az Zahir Hakim)

I think these players' original teams will jump through hoops to keep them(Especially Cinncy w/ Spikes) but about half will probably switch teams. So one of them could end up on the Bills but the Bills do have Price as a FA. BTW, I'd like to see how you arrived w/ 17 million under the cap.

These aren't my numbers... the cap experts over at BFZ had these numbers posted...

According to them, the Bills are 14 million under the cap right now. If Jay Remiersma is released that will save the Bills another 3.5 million which brings us under by 17.5 million. If others are released we will be even further under the cap.

As for Spikes... There's a rumor I read that the Bengals won't tag Spikes. The Bengals want to move from Cincy and are trying to get the cost of the team down. What this accompishes I don't know... Maybe someone here can tell me?

I don't think Price will be back in a Bills uniform. Washington supposedly wants him pretty bad, as does Atlanta and San Diego. San Diego will overpay for Price's services. Price is overrated, but I think Buffalo will make him a fair offer. We won't get into a bidding war for him with these other teams. He's looking to be the #1 receiver with the money to go along with it. He's only had one good season since being with us so I don't think he is worth it. I like what Josh Reed has shown us this year and I think he will a great compliment to Moulds. If Reed plays the way I think he can, Price won't be missed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Price is the product of defense's respecting Moulds and your system. I never thought he was anything special.

I agree Ice. Price has made some big plays for us, but he has blown some critical plays too. Moulds definately takes pressure off of him. Price is also a hot head whose made some stupid penalties which have hurt our team.

Originally posted by WharfRat
I seriously doubt that Reid will let Hugh Douglass go. He'll be an Eagle next year....

You are probably right. I did a little research and found out the Eagles are 10 million under the cap for next year. Plenty of room to keep him.

Originally posted by Sniper
You are probably right. I did a little research and found out the Eagles are 10 million under the cap for next year. Plenty of room to keep him.

I don't think you'll see too much difference in the starters for the Eagles next year... Reid has really impressed me with how he's brought that team together...

ill tell you this much. if miami gets an OLB like spikes....can you say number 1 D?

Originally posted by Dolfan3454
ill tell you this much. if miami gets an OLB like spikes....can you say number 1 D?

not really.your cap situation couldn't pay for an OLB close to the caliber of spikes.

Originally posted by SABURZFAN
not really.your cap situation couldn't pay for an OLB close to the caliber of spikes.

Actually... yes it could, but that wouldn't leave much room for other signings....

Besides, it's academic anyway... Spikes will have a franchise tag on him...he's not going anywhere.

Back
Top Bottom