Some pre-draft workout news. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Some pre-draft workout news.

@@@@@ said:
6 foot, 204lbs, 4.6 40, I'd probably compare him to Jeff Garcia - Decent mobility and accuracy not a great deep ball though, probably better suited to a west coast offense

6 foot is borderline short for a qb. if he was and inch or two taller i would feel better about him. i understand about his production but i keep thinking of flutie

fishypete said:
That deep ball stuff is for the birds....most pass plays are 20 yards and less...and many long completions are started by short accurate throws that gives the receiver a chance to run afterwards. Give me a accurate thrower that can hit the target anyday.
Surely Alex Smith would be a good option then?

I like the guy... great short game, and great football brain.

HelloMotto said:
6 foot is borderline short for a qb. if he was and inch or two taller i would feel better about him. i understand about his production but i keep thinking of flutie

LeFors is the same size as Drew Brees....Fluttie was smaller than 6ft and still played along time.

finsnchips said:
Surely Alex Smith would be a good option then?

I like the guy... great short game, and great football brain.

Only if you want to use a high pick for him. I don't see Saban doing that.

LaFors not only played well against the Canes, he played well for them all year. Wasn't he ACC player of the year? or some award? The kid has skills just lack 2 more inches in height. If the Pats like him that should tell you something two fold. That he's got skills the BB likes, and BB and Saban are twins separated at birth.

I'd take LaFors and let him and Sage fight it out for the 3rd spot.

bigmiamifan said:
LaFors not only played well against the Canes, he played well for them all year. Wasn't he ACC player of the year? or some award? The kid has skills just lack 2 more inches in height. If the Pats like him that should tell you something two fold. That he's got skills the BB likes, and BB and Saban are twins separated at birth.

I'd take LaFors and let him and Sage fight it out for the 3rd spot.

LeFors was the top rated passer in Div-1 football last season. And yes....he was beating the Canes like step-kids, until he went out of the game with a injury.

Before he left....he had his team winning 31-21....17 for 22 for 242 yds 3 TD's. Not bad for a guy too small to play and against a pro-style defense...and a highly rated corner...to boot.

I still rather Andrew Walters, he has what Linehan likes on a QB, the long ball, he had the best long ball in college and his 85 TDs confirm that, by the way for everyone information, those 85 TDs break John Elways 77 TD record for the PAC-10.

finsnchips said:
i hope we dont draft LeFors... he was a good college QB and he did well against the 'Canes but he won't amount to much in the NFL.

Pass.

Your entitled to your opinion, but I believe he will end up being one of the best QB to come from this draft. I watched him play and in big games against top scholls he was one of the best players on the field. Smart, confident and in control. All the intagbles you want in a pro QB. Louisville is a small time school playing in a big time conference and he shreded most D's. If anything I think Rogers and Smith had softer less talented teams to play against and they are the ones untested. Louisville could have beaten any team at any time last year IMO,some here will agree and some won't, but he has what it takes to be a winner at the next level mark my words!!!!

ACC huh?

Hey BigMiamiFan...Since when did Louisville become a part of the ACC you goof ball??

fishypete said:
That deep ball stuff is for the birds....most pass plays are 20 yards and less...and many long completions are started by short accurate throws that gives the receiver a chance to run afterwards. Give me a accurate thrower that can hit the target anyday.

Very true. I remember when Marino won the QB challenge -he didn't do so well on the distance throw (I think it was like 68 or 69 yards) and he said "oh well, it's not how far you throw it - it's where you put it." Accuracy is more important than overall arm strength. Of course Marino had a stronger arm than that throw in the challenge, but he was right, it's where you put the ball.

dolfancoolio said:
the only reason he didn't accept the jets workout was because the jets pick later than rolle thinks he will get drafted. If you look at the teas he is working out for you'll see that they're all inside the top #15 from memory. still booooooooooooo jets!!!

THEY COULD TRADE UP, THEY DID THAT THE YAER BEFORE LAST YEAR.

I like Lefors..., good wheels and short touch with accuracy...

I like the short game...
Lefors swing passing to R.Brown sounds good to me...

With Chambers going long a few times a game...

Rolle also turned down a St. Louis Rams workout.

Too LOW in the first round.

I wanted to believe that he, being from Miami, just wouldn't join the Jets.

HelloMotto said:

Saying he's six foot is stretching it. He's closer to 5'11", and he only weighs about 190 lbs. He also doesn't have a very good arm. He's a CFL prospect as a quarterback. He'll be able to go up there and do the things Dave Dickenson does, but he will not make it as anything more than a third string quarterback in the NFL.

Teams workout late round and undrafted free agent prospects as well as prospects they plan on taking high. It doesn't mean anything other than the fact that they are covering their bases.

Back
Top Bottom