Some Thoughts About Norv!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Some Thoughts About Norv!!

Phinmaster1354

Practice Squad
Reaction score
As Norv heads into the Black Hole, I have heard alot negative words about Norv. Yeah, some of them he definately deserves, but overall, I believe he is still one of the best offensive minds in football! It made me start thinking about the offensive side of the ball for the PHINS and I thought back to when the COWBOYS offensive machine had their success in the early 90's under Norv. One thing came very appearant to me about these two offenses, because they are very simillar in philosophy but light years away from each other! It's no doubt to me at QB! A crucial part of the Norv's offense the the simple COMEBACK ROUTE. Aikman did this up and down the field with IRVIN and then the swing passes to the fullball MOOSE along with the seam passes to TE NOVACEK! The diference is FEIDLER DOES NOT have the arm strength to throw the simple 15-17 yard COMEBACK!! One throw to the TEXANS Coleman cost us a game!FEIDLER doesn't have the accuracy to hit the crucial throws he must make to win games late in the year! Plain and simple he is just an AVERAGE,BACKUP quarterback, and I believe Norv's downfall here was he just didn't have the QB to run his offense!I know that the O-LINE is no where near the COWBOYS line but there were alot of time where FEIDLER had ample time to throw! Norv's out the door, I THINK THE FEIDLER experiment should be too!

Back
Top Bottom